Midlands League

Marten

9 hours ago, edinabear said:

Who can get promoted this season?

So far only Lochee United and Tayport have entry level licences. Carnoustie Panmure are moving in that direction but don't expect to be able to do it until next season. North End, Broughty and Kirriemuir all have grounds that tick some of the key boxes on licensing but not clear if they are going for it this season. Have only seen the first two of those three mentioned in that sort of context previously.

Some good match ups tonight. I am off up to Thomson Park for Lochee Utd v Kirrie - have seen the away side a couple of times this season and they'll be up for it for sure.  Hard to predict which version of the home side will show up given recent form. 

North End v East Craigie and Broughty v Downfield look good match ups on paper.  Seen Downfield pre season dismantle Turriff Utd and were a shade unlucky to not get a point against Kirrie a fortnight ago. 

Will be interesting to see how Letham  get on at home to Tayport.  It should be a bit of an acid test for both sides given recent good form. 

41 minutes ago, East Coast Cavalier said:

Some good match ups tonight. I am off up to Thomson Park for Lochee Utd v Kirrie - have seen the away side a couple of times this season and they'll be up for it for sure.  Hard to predict which version of the home side will show up given recent form. 

North End v East Craigie and Broughty v Downfield look good match ups on paper.  Seen Downfield pre season dismantle Turriff Utd and were a shade unlucky to not get a point against Kirrie a fortnight ago. 

Will be interesting to see how Letham  get on at home to Tayport.  It should be a bit of an acid test for both sides given recent good form. 

I can guarantee it will be the opposite of my picks below. :1eye

image.png.7a845c252ff9b513a3572d89f60abbf7.png

A hard fought 3-1 win for Fed tonight over a vastly improved Downfield side who appear to have ditched their MMA tactics of old for actual football. Still this was a game that teetered on the  edge and was one or two  bad tackles away from  kicking off completely. I entered the ground just as the game started to the sound of drums, an absolute no-no as far as I'm concerned at the fitba, but was pleased to see that it was just 6 or 7 mini Downfield ultras who had procured a traffic cone and a stick which they nonetheless proceeded to hammer with gusto for the next 90 minutes. I know things are bad down that  end of town, but I couldn't help but feel  sorry for their depravation.  Maybe we'll donate the takings of the next half time draw so they can upgrade to at least whatever it is the funny little  St. Johnstone neds have got. On second thoughts. So, a lovely late summer's night under the floodlights and a good win to keep us in touch with Carnoustie. Downfield were decent and will take points off some more fancied teams this season. We seem to have got rid of that soft underbelly that we have shown recently and I suppose it's up to the team to show that they can do this on a regular basis. Mental result up at Thomson Park.

1 hour ago, Marten said:

Well, both teams clearly forgot to defend last night!

I didn't expect bumping into Craig Levein at Thomson Park though!

The defending did make it an interesting match. I should have said hello but it was only on reading your post that it clicked that I probably saw you. 

14 hours ago, Welly boy said:

Letham got beat 1 nil they had enough chance to win it but fair play to Tayport getting the only goal of the game with a few minutes remaining.

FFS I doubled Letham with another big price Irvine vics who won 1-0

15 minutes ago, forfarton said:

The defending did make it an interesting match. I should have said hello but it was only on reading your post that it clicked that I probably saw you. 

Just say hello next time you see me. ;) 

Convincing win in the end for Carnoustie at Scone but the hosts should have gone in front in a very even first half

The Scone keeper did well in the second half to keep the score down

Gutted next week is the last of the summer mid week games. 

I just watched the highlights. Lochee would have been better served with a tree in the goal. Shocker he had

18 minutes ago, superbigal said:
7 hours ago, Marten said:

I just watched the highlights. Lochee would have been better served with a tree in the goal. Shocker he had

Yeah, to put it mildly he didn't exactly have his best day.