Heads Gone - The Peppino Impastato Memorial Thread

18 hours ago, Cosmic Joe said:

Out of interest, what is the record amount of dotting accounts someone has set up?

I have one individual who studiously gets up every Thursday morning at 7am.

I almost admire their*

indefatigability.

*Gotta be careful these days with these woke gammons

I remember someone posting that there were three on the go at once at one point, all leaving red dots on the same posts and making no contribution themselves  :huh:

What's even stranger is when someone points out that an account that was set up ten years ago or more, with 0 posts made, suddenly starts leaving dots everywhere. Presumably some people have a library of accounts they can switch to once they get punted. Beats me what they get out of it, though. Just the satisfaction that someone has noticed them?

@Flybhoy - what was your record back in the day?

On 11/05/2024 at 13:30, BFTD said:

I remember someone posting that there were three on the go at once at one point, all leaving red dots on the same posts and making no contribution themselves  :huh:

What's even stranger is when someone points out that an account that was set up ten years ago or more, with 0 posts made, suddenly starts leaving dots everywhere. Presumably some people have a library of accounts they can switch to once they get punted. Beats me what they get out of it, though. Just the satisfaction that someone has noticed them?

The satisfaction comes from destroying the reputation score of their target. It's well observed that red and green dots are taken seriously and personally. It's therefore an effective way of getting even. Ghost accounts allow you to strike with anonymity and without any retribution as you haven't any posts to be dotted. 

If your score was destroyed to the point where it was down to a percentage of what it is now you wouldn't be happy if you take pride in your score (equally daft). That's the basic reason according to me. The phenomenon of creating ghost accounts to green dot your own account is the lesser known, but more interesting case.

4 minutes ago, 2426255 said:

The satisfaction comes from destroying the reputation score of their target. It's well observed that red and green dots are taken seriously and personally. It's therefore an effective way of getting even. Ghost accounts allow you to strike with anonymity and without any retribution as you haven't any posts to be dotted. 

If your score was destroyed to the point where it was down to a percentage of what it is now you wouldn't be happy if you take pride in your score (equally daft). That's the basic reason according to me. The phenomenon of creating ghost accounts to green dot your own account is the lesser known, but more interesting case.

Seems like you are one for the watching as you have obviously thought this through. 😂 

2 hours ago, 2426255 said:

Yes, well as I said previously I've engaged in all that kind of behaviour previously. I don't have any interest in it anymore and it's up to you if you don't believe that. I was simply trying to contribute to the discussion as I have an understanding around it. I'm not hiding anything.

I "won the day" around two years ago (Mar-22) so that'll be a good gauge as to when I was up to all that. @TheGreenElves keeps a close eye on me too I've noticed.

What were your dotting accounts? Did you use them to ensure you "won the day"?

6 hours ago, The Moonster said:

What were your dotting accounts? Did you use them to ensure you "won the day"?

I had two ghost accounts. One I used to green dot my own account with and one I used to red dot other peoples accounts. 

1 minute ago, 2426255 said:

I had two ghost accounts. One I used to green dot my own account with and one I used to red dot other peoples accounts. 

Tremendous. Fair fucks to you admitting carrying out such things as a grown adult. 

1 minute ago, The Moonster said:

Tremendous. Fair fucks to you admitting carrying out such things as a grown adult. 

I'm not the only one, that's for certain - probably just the only one that admits it.