Alloa v Rovers

6 minutes ago, steakngravy said:

R.R.F.C  I take it Vaughn's on the bench in your selection?

According to the article in Raith Against the Machine’s post he is likely to be out alongside MacDonald, Musonda, Gullan and Matthews.

Not massively confident with the players available but they did the job on Tuesday so hopefully they can get the job done again. Guess a lot will depend on how Ugwu and King play who’ve been pretty meh this season but stepped up on Tuesday night with decent performances. Think this will be tight but in John McGlynn we trust!

Agreed, we need Ugwu and especially King to put in a shift or Alloa will get on top of us. We also need to improve on our second half showings - for some reason we've lost our energy in recent games second half and teams have dominated us.

19 hours ago, R.R.FC said:

That is grim. At least they’ll be fresh for the play offs right!?

On the reasonable assumption that none of the above make it, I guess we are looking at the following:

MacDonald

Tumilty    
Davidson
Bene     
Armstrong

King   
Spencer    
Hendry

Tait   
Ugwu     
Kennedy

Spot on

I’m at the stage where I trust any selection John McGlynn comes up with. Suspect this may be turn out to be like Tuesday, just grinding out the win. Three points would be absolutely huge and with Dundee/Hearts to come this is on paper our best chance for the win we need. Although that sort of situation never usually ends well for the Rovers.  But f**k it,  this is McGlynn V2.0. 3-1 Rovers. 

That is grim. At least they’ll be fresh for the play offs right!?
On the reasonable assumption that none of the above make it, I guess we are looking at the following:
MacDonald
Tumilty    
Davidson
Bene     
Armstrong
King   
Spencer    
Hendry
Tait   
Ugwu     
Kennedy
Which is just about every senior outfield player we have except Abraham and Duku. Really need Ugwu and King to repeat their performances at Palmerston then we might be okay. Doesn’t leave much options on the bench if things aren’t working.
The games against Alloa have been an enjoyable watch this season in a break from tradition for this fixture. 11 goals in the 2 games. Alloa are a good footballing side but also allow the opposition to play football too which has suited us.
Any win will do but will not be easy to get. In our last 7 games against the current bottom 4 we have only won 3 and scored 8 goals. However, as above, I can see Alloa approaching the game a bit more positively than Ayr/Morton did against us which should leave space for our attacking players but they have enough attacking threats of their own to cause us bother.
I’ll try and be positive and predict we sneak it 2-1. Kai Kennedy to get back amongst the goals.

Hiya John [emoji23]. Good guess on the team selection, can you give me Lottery numbers too.

Still wonder what’s happened to Duku, can’t get a game so he’s either massively out of form in training or massively out of favour. Strange as he was first choice not long ago, can’t see him being here next season.

Not just out of form in training. He looks like a lost boy on the pitch as well, and I wouldn’t want us to offer him a deal for next season either.

Not just out of form in training. He looks like a lost boy on the pitch as well, and I wouldn’t want us to offer him a deal for next season either.

It’s just strange how it’s changed, looked the business early on and people wanting to get him signed up now he’s barely ahead of Abraham who’s obviously only making up squad numbers now.

It’s just strange how it’s changed, looked the business early on and people wanting to get him signed up now he’s barely ahead of Abraham who’s obviously only making up squad numbers now.
He's done exactly what those who had seen him down south said he would do - come out of the traps on fire looking super impressive, then faded away to nothingness all too quickly. Happy for him to leave in summer.