Partick Thistle vs Airdrieonians - Saturday 24 April

We should be further ahead, Airdrie came back into it after the goal but up til then it was total one way traffic. Some cracking saves by Currie tbf 

Would expect Airdrie to change either players or shape at half time, seems to me both teams lining up 442, could see them putting on an extra midfielder

Edited by Fuctifano

Brutal first half. Max Currie has already earned his wage this afternoon. As said above, haven’t got into the game at all and every time we do get the ball it’s a long punt up the channel or through the middle, none of which is sticking. Would still be bringing Sabatini or Ritchie on to get an extra man in midfield and probably Connell for Roy too in the hope that a long ball might actually stick. 

Is your commentator usually at Ayr Races? 

1 minute ago, airdrieman said:

Brutal first half. Max Currie has already earned his wage this afternoon. As said above, haven’t got into the game at all and every time we do get the ball it’s a long punt up the channel or through the middle, none of which is sticking. Would still be bringing Sabatini or Ritchie on to get an extra man in midfield and probably Connell for Roy too in the hope that a long ball might actually stick. 

Is your commentator usually at Ayr Races? 

The two things I'll give the commentary is that they do say its an audio commentary first and foremost for those that don't buy the stream but listen, and they're not horrendously biased. 

He gets about 20% of the names right though and that's just our players never mind the opposition. 

4 minutes ago, Fuctifano said:

The two things I'll give the commentary is that they do say its an audio commentary first and foremost for those that don't buy the stream but listen, and they're not horrendously biased. 

He gets about 20% of the names right though and that's just our players never mind the opposition. 

It’s not the worst I’ve heard TBF, just a little bit intense. 

Haha aye Ally ‘Love’ has, thankfully, never played for Airdrie. 

2 minutes ago, airdrieman said:

It’s not the worst I’ve heard TBF, just a little bit intense. 

Haha aye Ally ‘Love’ has, thankfully, never played for Airdrie. 

I was glad to give my ears a rest at half-time 😄

Just now, banditjag said:

Keeper having a blinder. Is Currie usually this good. 

Curry is great, especially with a nice naan  bread and a cold pint of lager...

That second half was tough to watch. Once Airdrie replaced Carrick and Roy with Connell and Thomson we basically didn't have a sniff for the rest of the game. Not sure if it was a positive tactical change on their part, or the 'Thistle getting deeper and deeper' situation that we've become very familiar with over the years. Possibly a mixture of the two.

Don't care how it was done, though. 3 points, another clean sheet and 4 points clear. If you'd told me we'd be 4 points clear with 3 games left when things resumed in March I'd have laughed you out of the room.

We're nearly there. Somehow.

Considering we had four games to potentially win the league that was a pathetic effort overall really. Put more pressure on Thistle in the second half sure but, apart from Gallagher hitting the post, nothing in the way of clear-cut chances. Game was lost in the midfield where we didn’t win a ball for most of the game and when we did have the ball we shelled it long rather than play through Turner or Paton. We got what we deserved. Baffled why Murray never changed the shape in the first-half or even at half-time when it was clear the game was going to be won or lost in the midfield. 

Currie was superb. His best game for us.