Clyde v East Fife

I find it difficult to believe that the JRG would have given us permission to play if there had been 40 minutes before KO. Maybe I'm wrong and Clyde have said as much, but I suspect EF might have a different view whenever they issue a statement.
I think we're fucked here tbh.
Surely a situation like tonight's was entirely predictable and protocols would be in place.

Maybe that's why the JRG were able to make a decision and give permission to play so quickly.

(Caveat: it's the SPFL)

Just now, bullyweehutch said:
3 minutes ago, Gordon EF said:
That's what I was thinking. Seems absolutely mental that they've said the game can go ahead. Don't want to be all Maude Flanders about it but surely players health comes before the game and in that case, there's only one reasonable decision?

Exactly but it's only east fife and Clyde who cares. There is only 2 teams that matter in scotland to the powers that be anyway

Falkirk and who?

I genuinely believe that Darren Young is a good guy.  A workmates got to know him when he was at Albion Rovers and painted a positive picture.

I respect his decision to give his players the option of playing or not.  I also empathise with players who need to think about their fulltime job and their domestic circumstances, however he has to have appreciated the likely consequences. 

If he has knowingly taken the decision to walk away to protect his players; fair dos 

That's what I was thinking. Seems absolutely mental that they've said the game can go ahead. Don't want to be all Maude Flanders about it but surely players health comes before the game and in that case, there's only one reasonable decision?
Can fully understand why the East Fife players didn't want to play. It's nothing more than a friendly to them so not worth the risk.

If the JRG gave the go ahead for tonight's game then assume it will be the same for the games on Thursday.

This season been a farce from the start so no surprise to see it end in a similar fashion.

If the JRG did indeed give the go ahead for the game to be played, should both teams not have been consulted on the matter before the decision was made ? 
perhaps there just wasn’t time given that it seems the test result was received so close to kick off. 

In fairness, how on earth can the JRG okay the game to go ahead? It seems impossible that our squad wouldn’t have to be self isolating after a positive test. Very bizarre.
Would just have to be close contacts assuming all protocols have been followed . There has been plenty of positive tests in football this season.

I am obviously biased but no way East Fife will forfeit that game. The shambles is Clyde allowing a guy who hasn't returned a negative test to turn up ready to play, it's simple, no test means you can't play. Obviously interested to see how this plays out now and if any other Clyde players test positive before Saturday. Not sure why the JRG have gave it the nod.

Edited by The Moonster

I am obviously biased but no way East Fife will forfeit that game. The shambles is Clyde allowing a guy who hasn't returned a positive test to turn up ready to play, it's simple, no test means you can't play. Obviously interested to see how this plays out now and if any other Clyde players test positive before Saturday. Not sure why the JRG have gave it the nod.
Would like to think it will be the tests for Thursday's game against Forfar that they got the results for just before kick off.

Just now, Jack Burton said:
2 minutes ago, The Moonster said:
I am obviously biased but no way East Fife will forfeit that game. The shambles is Clyde allowing a guy who hasn't returned a positive test to turn up ready to play, it's simple, no test means you can't play. Obviously interested to see how this plays out now and if any other Clyde players test positive before Saturday. Not sure why the JRG have gave it the nod.

Would like to think it will be the tests for Thursday's game against Forfar that they got the results for just before kick off.

If Saturdays test result covers Tuesday then I'd be waiting till after tonight's game to check the results for Thursday.

Someone whether it's Clyde (probably) and/or East Fife (looking unlikely) or the JRG (probably) have made a monumental arse up here and should be shattered accordingly 

Just now, AndoFifer1903 said:

Thanks for that. Both clubs would know who is positive or negative before playing. That’s generally the idea of testing players.

But they didn't test players at all before the shutdown. So how could they tell who was positive and who wasn't? Entire opposition could've been covid positive for all the players knew yet they played no bother.

But they didn't test players at all before the shutdown. So how could they tell who was positive and who wasn't? Entire opposition could've been covid positive for all the players knew yet they played no bother.

There's a difference between playing against someone that there's a chance is positive, versus playing against someone you know is positive. Or in this case players who were mixing right up to kickoff with someone who was positive.