Clyde v East Fife

This isn't true at all. There have been positive tests throughout the season and in almost every case the game has been able to go ahead minus the positive player and any close contacts.

The only reason games have been postponed has been when a club has been unable to field a team due to having lots of players self-isolating.

In this specific case, I have sympathy with the East Fife players' decision, given the short notice of it all, but the decision being made by the JRG is in keeping with everything that has gone so far this season.

Should the Clyde players have been self isolating if they had travelled to Peterhead and back by bus on Saturday with the player who has tested positive ?

Should the Clyde players have been self isolating if they had travelled to Peterhead and back by bus on Saturday with the player who has tested positive ?

Only if they didn't follow the proper protocols regarding distancing on the bus.

From what we’ve been told, Clyde haven’t broken any rules. And as for the East Fife players, if it was my mrs who was pregnant I wouldn’t risk playing, either.
Neither club in the wrong here really. The JRGs decision to allow the game to go ahead is the only questionable thing here.
some east Fife fans are having a meltdown on Twitter right enough... 

100%. Until more comes out it looks like the JRG have had a nightmare. I’m guessing we’ll find out more tomorrow. My only question is if the test was carried out on Saturday as indicated in the Fife statement, why did the result only come through minutes before kick off? Surely if there is no negative test, then the player cannot be in the match squad until a confirmation?

Some of the comments from our fans have been a bit over the top though, it’s a bit embarrassing. Especially considering this match doesn’t mean anything to us and we’ve made a morally sound decision.

Just now, westcoastfifer said:

100%. Until more comes out it looks like the JRG have had a nightmare. I’m guessing we’ll find out more tomorrow. My only question is if the test was carried out on Saturday as indicated in the Fife statement, why did the result only come through minutes before kick off? Surely if there is no negative test, then the player cannot be in the match squad until a confirmation?

Some of the comments from our fans have been a bit over the top though, it’s a bit embarrassing. Especially considering this match doesn’t mean anything to us and we’ve made a morally sound decision.

Indeed. Some rather odd meltdowns on Twitter. Least the end of our season's a bit more interesting that I thought it'd be, mind. 

Agreed with all the rational comments above. Comments from East Fife fans on Twitter suggesting that Clyde tried to murder unborn babies are up there with the wildest things I’ve seen during this pandemic, and it’s a long list!

1 minute ago, westcoastfifer said:

. Especially considering this match doesn’t mean anything to us and we’ve made a morally sound decision.

And herein lies the problem with not kaiboshing this shit show of a season when we had the chance. East Fife were told the game should go ahead, they decided not to. It doesn’t impact East Fife as their season is over but it absolutely impacts other clubs thus turning the competition into a total farce. 

1 minute ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

And herein lies the problem with not kaiboshing this shit show of a season when we had the chance. East Fife were told the game should go ahead, they decided not to. It doesn’t impact East Fife as their season is over but it absolutely impacts other clubs thus turning the competition into a total farce. 

I’d agree with this, too. The season should’ve been binned last year.

Probably the wildest tweet of the past year. And that’s saying something!

FA2CD827-263F-4EA9-9F0A-C18121FFB4D0.thumb.jpeg.94ed67676fcac3e08208fd1906bf0edf.jpeg
This is the one I seen. That guy need to lay off the crack pipe. I feel just as sorry for our player as I would it is was the other way round. Covid doesnt discriminate healthy or not so i wish our player well and glad east fife didnt put themselves at risk. We can laugh and joke but over 100k people didnt just keel over for no reason

Should've allowed clubs to mothball for a year especially part time clubs

Just now, bullyweehutch said:
3 minutes ago, BullyWeeStonehouse said:
Probably the wildest tweet of the past year. And that’s saying something!

FA2CD827-263F-4EA9-9F0A-C18121FFB4D0.thumb.jpeg.94ed67676fcac3e08208fd1906bf0edf.jpeg

This is the one I seen. That guy need to lay off the crack pipe. I feel just as sorry for our player as I would it is was the other way round. Covid doesnt discriminate healthy or not so i wish our player well and glad east fife didnt put themselves at risk. We can laugh and joke but over 100k people didnt just keel over for no reason

I was gonnae get involved in the conversation with him but given how outrageous and ludicrous his comment is I decided against it.

In fairness to Dumbarton and Forfar, the game should be played next Thursday so that the team that gathers the least number of points are relegated and go into the play off and not due to a team being given or losing points.