Duffy's Dumbarton Duffers v Peterheid

15 minutes ago, BroadwoodBoy said:

What would happen if the game was to be called off on Tuesday & Thursday due to flooding ? 

It would go to points per game and mean Clyde need at least a point against East Fife to stay above Dumbarton, assuming our game goes ahead.

Tomorrow isn't meant to be as wet as today, and Wednesday & Thursday dry so you'd hope it could be played on Thursday night, if it does get postponed tomorrow.

23 minutes ago, Jaggy Snake said:

It would go to points per game and mean Clyde need at least a point against East Fife to stay above Dumbarton, assuming our game goes ahead.

Tomorrow isn't meant to be as wet as today, and Wednesday & Thursday dry so you'd hope it could be played on Thursday night, if it does get postponed tomorrow.

Aye ok then, I’ll be up with my fork later on. 

20 hours ago, BroadwoodBoy said:

What would happen if the game was to be called off on Tuesday & Thursday due to flooding ? 

I think the replies to BwB have not read the question.  If Sons v EF is called tonight AND so is Clyde game on Thursday?

If it is PPG, with same number of matches played, Clyde are that bawhair ahead.  I don't think our Imperial masters at Hampden could contemplate delaying the play off process which starts in 4days time.  

I'm assuming there are no worries about our pitch given no mention of an inspection and the Peterhead team have probably already left?

Wedderburn, Crossan & McAllister doubtful. JBH, Church and Wardrop all out, with Layne not available. I expect McInally will do his pal Jim a wee favour and let the Peterhead team go for a pre-match Stags Head beer garden pint or three. 

2 hours ago, The Moonster said:

I expect McInally will do his pal Jim a wee favour and let the Peterhead team go for a pre-match Stags Head beer garden pint or three. 

Wouldn't go that far but we are definitely in end of season mode.

If Dumbarton are up for it at all they should switch the pressure back on to Clyde.

2 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

I'm not. Saturday was the game to win and we blew it. Tonight has no real pressure on it for me, we're as good as down right now. 

Yup, same. I was a nervous wreck on Saturday. Today feels like a free hit. Win the game and we have a chance - but that's all. Saturday was the one where we had to avoid defeat at all costs, and we failed miserably. 

Not sure if I want to waste 90 minutes watching the game when I could be watching another couple of episodes of NCIS. If we lose then we're in the play-offs. If we win then it's still not in our own hands. Might just save myself the frustration, accept that we're finishing 9th and watch NCIS instead.