Raith Rovers vs Dundee FC & Dundee FC vs Raith Rovers

We gave it a shot but just didn't have enough quality up front to bring it into a position to really put Dundee under pressure. Wasn't expecting much tonight and that's ultimately what we got. 

Will be watching the final with interest. Dundee will need to be better than they were tonight, but County and Killie don't look particularly great. 

3 minutes ago, Jack Jarvis, Esq said:

I should be looking at this positively. But how the f**k can I? Wasting chance after chance despite the fact Dundee never looked like scoring. Fucking heartbreaking, typical Raith. Wee bit of hope then bang, back to reality. f**k off

Give it a bit of time and you will see it differently. I was proud of us tonight. Okay, the quality was lacking but we went up there in a lost cause and gave it absolutely everything. 

Well played Rovers, for tonight and this season in general. 

2 minutes ago, EpicMike said:

Limped over the finish line. Killie or Ross County will easily sweep aside Dundee if they play like that though.

One team went in with nothing to lose tonight and just aimed to attack, attack, attack. The other had a lot to potentially lose and needed to deal with a wild card. We won the battle.

The next two games are a complete reset, and this attitude is silly imo.

1 minute ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

Give it a bit of time and you will see it differently. I was proud of us tonight. Okay, the quality was lacking but we went up there in a lost cause and gave it absolutely everything. 

Well played Rovers, for tonight and this season in general. 

Will do. 

Firstly, all the best to Dundee in the final.  Teams who win over 2 legs deserve to go through.

Dundee did what they had to do tonight, defended really well and didn't really have to do much else.  You would probably have to say that Adam was lucky to avoid a 2nd yellow, however I won't use that as a reason for not getting closer to doing something tonight.  We had plenty of possession in the right areas, just didn't have the quality when it mattered.

Left ourselves with too much to do in the end. Damage was done on Wednesday, with the combination of the disallowed goal and the 2 goals conceded in the 2nd half.  

Good effort tonight, we made a game of it, which was a big improvement.  Just didn't at all suit our style of play.  This side haven't got what it takes to create enough chances if they aren't coming as a result of the passing moves.  Tonight called for quality balls in the final third, and quality play from the guys up top - we didn't really see much of either other than Vaughan's goal.

Slightly frustrating as other than 2 Charlie Adam wonder passes, there actually wasn't much between the sides over the 2 legs.  We should really have been aiming to be still in this tie coming into the 2nd leg.

Mendy had a very good game today, but lets not get carried away,  we didn't need our defenders to do much today. We've been here before and he has went on to have a horror show.  There won't be a place for him next season. 

I wanted Duku on as, I suppose, I was clinging to some misguided belief that there was still a player there.  Turns out, he is just fucking rank.  Ugwu is limited, but at least gets some kind of success on account of his work rate.

Again, all the best to Dundee in the final.  Have to say their best chance is not being ahead going into the 2nd leg.  I don't think a Premiership side would be anywhere near as wasteful with the amount of possession afforded to them.

I genuinely believe that having such a big lead from the first leg did us no favours - think we just switched off in that first half.

Absolutely bang on there.
No way we would have played so direct or Dundee would have sat back in the first half so much.

Genuinely don’t think Dundee were any better than us over the two legs.
Adam made the difference in the first leg and our lack of threat up front really killed us but we can gout out with our heads held high.

Just now, Jack Jarvis, Esq said:

I’ve had a Corona and I’ve calmed down. Well played Dundee. 

Fully expect us to be shouting abuse at each other next season as we battle for the title tbh.

7 minutes ago, Jack Jarvis, Esq said:

I should be looking at this positively. But how the f**k can I? Wasting chance after chance despite the fact Dundee never looked like scoring. Fucking heartbreaking, typical Raith. Wee bit of hope then bang, back to reality. f**k off

Interesting.  Were you not firing off comments to people who weren't praising Mendy during the recent Hearts game?

All the best next season Raith, hopefully we don't need to play you in the league, but a wee visit in the League Cup or that would be nice. If we are in the same league, hope you have a shite preseason and can't emulate this form again next season. If not, hope you win the Championship, would want you up too if we are.