Edinburgh City vs Dumbarton/Dumbarton vs Edinburgh City

4 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Stop posting photos of children you creepy b*****d. 

It’s the only picture that exists online of Dumb barton  fans who are about the only thing your club is famous for currently as they are the youngest ultras in the UK.

I do apologise if you are so easily offended. 

But then if your hero is Paddy fcuking Flannery then god help you wee man. 😂 

Good to be back. Thought over the 90 tonight and whole tie we were better side.

conditions played there part to an awful game but Edinburgh didn’t really threaten. Keeper badly at fault for goal but sending off effectively finished it. 
thought Dumbarton should have controlled more thereafter

now the rebuild to take place

As good a chance as you could wish for to get promotion. Think the sending off was harsh but can see why it was given. Absolute nailed on penalty after a brilliant turn from Ouzy not long after it. If I’d been in the ground I’d be starting next season with a football banning order, thank heaven for small mercies and all that.

Anyway, we only have ourselves to blame, all went wrong in that 1st leg 2nd half and never recovered from it.

For the first time in a few years I’d be expecting a big overhaul of the squad. As others have said if we can’t get past this Dumbarton side then we can’t really talk about ambitions of competing at the top of league 1.

29 minutes ago, AllyMonc said:

As good a chance as you could wish for to get promotion. Think the sending off was harsh but can see why it was given. Absolute nailed on penalty after a brilliant turn from Ouzy not long after it. If I’d been in the ground I’d be starting next season with a football banning order, thank heaven for small mercies and all that.

Anyway, we only have ourselves to blame, all went wrong in that 1st leg 2nd half and never recovered from it.

For the first time in a few years I’d be expecting a big overhaul of the squad. As others have said if we can’t get past this Dumbarton side then we can’t really talk about ambitions of competing at the top of league 1.

I think many of ours fans had a bit of fear about playing sides who had finished the season on much more of a high but seeing us vs Stranraer and yourselves just shows that there is a significant enough step up to the league we are in.

No disrespect, but I was never overly worried throughout the tie and feel we deserved to win through in both the semi final and final games. The sending off was correct and killed off any chance of momentum being built. Stupid to dive like that when booked already. FWIW, I don't think the ref would have booked him if he knew he was already on a booking. Seemed like he realised afterwards to me (not that it should make any difference of course!).

5 minutes ago, squeezeboxson said:

FWIW, I don't think the ref would have booked him if he knew he was already on a booking. Seemed like he realised afterwards to me (not that it should make any difference of course!).

That’s what I thought too. Clear second booking though.

Great to get the job done. It wasn’t pretty but we got over the line and that’s what mattered.

I think over the two legs other than the kitchen sink tonight, Edinburgh offered little and our second half on Monday won the tie.

Mcgeever, Neill and McAllister were excellent as per and I thought Jones put in a good shift tonight. Some good touches and hold up. Not a night for the strikers, all about us stifling and we did it pretty well. Clear sending off for that fella and thought we managed the game well in the end.

Glad Edinburgh City’s moaning didn’t get them anywhere. Thomson and Naismith must be fun at parties. The sending off for the dive was deserved, a ridiculous ‘attempt’.  Good to get through and I think the gulf was there over the tie, we deserved to stay up.

Edinburgh, is that Liam Brown always that good?
Asking for A fitba team badly in need of a decent young midfielder.

He’s absolutely tremendous. Reckon he might have signed on again with us if we’d gone up but no chance now.

Think he can play for a decent league 1 side with the potential to go a bit higher.

6 minutes ago, AllyMonc said:

He’s absolutely tremendous. Reckon he might have signed on again with us if we’d gone up but no chance now.

Think he can play for a decent league 1 side with the potential to go a bit higher.

If it was that ginger boy in the middle he's got alot of energy and a good eye for a pass. I enjoyed watching him last night. He reminds me of Gary Fleming in the championship with us. His striding out of midfield with the ball was impressive 

Edited by the snudge

31 minutes ago, AllyMonc said:

Brown reminds me of Kyle Turner; he was the midfield fulcrum for every Edinburgh City move over the two legs.  No disrespect to City but I hope he moves up because players with his ability deserve to be playing at the highest level possible.  In September 1972 I watched another wee redhead control the game for Dundee Reserves at Boghead - his name was Gordon Strachan, I wonder what became of him ?

Over the 2 legs Dumbarton deserved to progress and the 3-2 win is about right in my view.

However, Edinburgh never panicked and tried to play decent passing football in midfield and i am happy with that.   The 1-0 win away was also probably right too.  I am frustrated at the Ozy See penalty decision, Dumbarton's defender kneed him and never played the ball - a clear free kick anywhere else on the pitch and therefore a penalty.  Fine lines and unfortunate he bottled it, but proud of the team and the last 3 months.  Bring on Meadowbank our spiritual home, new training facilities and a fresh start in League 2.   There will be changes to the team, but I hope not too many as the team are great to watch and the Management are doing a great job.  Exciting times even though feel low after last night.