Preseasonwatch 2021

11 minutes ago, HibeeJibee said:

Saturday 26th June
Bo'ness United v Penicuik Athletic

Although the nation was supposed to move 'down the levels' together, this is no longer so - seems Glasgow only drops from tier 3 on Friday, and only certain areas enter tier 1 on Monday.

Therefore all friendlies this weekend should be allowed crowds of 500 seated or 250 standing (albeit some clubs may be choosing to start behind closed doors); from Monday that doubles to 1,000 and 500 but not in Ayrshire/Renfrewshire/Glasgow/Lanarkshire/Dunbartonshire/Stirling/Clackmannanshire/Midlothian/Edinburgh/Dundee.

If that's the case how come clubs are still saying nothing on this that they dont know. 3 days away and still the case.

47 minutes ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

If that's the case how come clubs are still saying nothing on this that they dont know. 3 days away and still the case.

Outside of Glasgow and Moray fans have been allowed back from 17th May, I have watched women's football, NCL and a friendly since then. I have heard from some people that the SFA have to give permission to allow fans back in and they are slow with that. So the problem seems to be with the SFA and not the SG.

5 minutes ago, Marten said:

Outside of Glasgow and Moray fans have been allowed back from 17th May, I have watched women's football, NCL and a friendly since then. I have heard from some people that the SFA have to give permission to allow fans back in and they are slow with that. So the problem seems to be with the SFA and not the SG.

Crowds have already been back at various grounds in this area including Kelty, womens games at Spartans, Penicuik etc. and so on. I've heard of clubs up north being asked and replying "the government" or "the SFA" have said sport crowds are banned... but it may just be they don't want the hassle and don't want to say so. I kind of understand that - if you have not played for months, your priority is maybe just to concentrate on getting going to begin with, not crowds too.

Official position is: https://www.scottishfa.co.uk/news/grassroots-football-update-14-may-2021/?rid=1316

No spectating should take place other than

It's this latter guidance that sets limits of 500 + 250, becoming 1,000 + 500, becoming 2,000 + 1,000:

https://www.gov.scot/publications/coronavirus-covid-19-events-sector-guidance/
https://www.gov.scot/publications/coronavirus-covid-19-stadium-sector-guidance-for-professional-football-and-rugby/pages/matches-with-limited-spectators/

Limits.JPG.fa118272ff5cd165a1c2bca968137513.JPG     538261840_Limits2.JPG.1cc3642e1d4fe5c6c037804b9f88c186.JPG

If you want to exceed those, you can't just do your own risk assessments etc., you have to also get permission off the council. (If you want to exceed those limits and have more than 5,000 you have to get permission off the government... but I doubt non-league friendlies will threaten either tbh!).

Some seem to be taking a gentle approach at first e.g. Newtongrange admitting ST holders but not necessarily singles: https://newtongrangestarfc.co.uk/index.php/2021/05/28/pre-season-schedule/

54 minutes ago, HibeeJibee said:

Crowds have already been back at various grounds in this area including Kelty, womens games at Spartans, Penicuik etc. and so on. I've heard of clubs up north being asked and replying "the government" or "the SFA" have said sport crowds are banned... but it may just be they don't want the hassle and don't want to say so. I kind of understand that - if you have not played for months, your priority is maybe just to concentrate on getting going to begin with, not crowds too.

Official position is: https://www.scottishfa.co.uk/news/grassroots-football-update-14-may-2021/?rid=1316

No spectating should take place other than

It's this latter guidance that sets limits of 500 + 250, becoming 1,000 + 500, becoming 2,000 + 1,000:

https://www.gov.scot/publications/coronavirus-covid-19-events-sector-guidance/
https://www.gov.scot/publications/coronavirus-covid-19-stadium-sector-guidance-for-professional-football-and-rugby/pages/matches-with-limited-spectators/

Limits.JPG.fa118272ff5cd165a1c2bca968137513.JPG     538261840_Limits2.JPG.1cc3642e1d4fe5c6c037804b9f88c186.JPG

If you want to exceed those, you can't just do your own risk assessments etc., you have to also get permission off the council. (If you want to exceed those limits and have more than 5,000 you have to get permission off the government... but I doubt non-league friendlies will threaten either tbh!).

Some seem to be taking a gentle approach at first e.g. Newtongrange admitting ST holders but not necessarily singles: https://newtongrangestarfc.co.uk/index.php/2021/05/28/pre-season-schedule/

Whitburn vs camelon next saturday isnt going to get anywhere near 500 st the game

2 hours ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

Whitburn vs camelon next saturday isnt going to get anywhere near 500 st the game

Then they don't need to apply to West Lothian Council they can DIY.

If you plan to go: doublecheck before to be sure not closed door. Obviously there is no obligation on clubs to let fans in.

EDIT: Looks like you'll be OK... Whitburn are promoting their friendly v Vale of Clyde this Saturday as open to fans with current 250 limit.

E2z4wFdWEAQmPHF?format=jpg&name=small

EDIT AGAIN: I'm reading drop to tier 1 has been brought forward from Monday to Saturday (i.e. Borders, East + West Lothian, Falkirk, Fife, Perth).

So if clubs wished they could have 500 this weekend.

Edited by HibeeJibee

BU friendlies from Twitter:-
Sat 19/6 at 2. Away to Sauchie.
Tue 22/6 at 7.30 Away to Stenhousemuir.
Sat 26/6 at 2. BU v Penicuik
Tue 29 at 7.45 Away to Musselburgh
Sat 3/7 at 2. BU v Stirling Albion
Tue 6/7 (time TBA) BU v Tranent
Sat 10/7 at 2. Away to Linlithgow Rose.
Let's hope the fans are able to attend all these games.
Mon the BU's !!!

Does anyone have a link to the actual SFA rules around spectators? Legally there's no issue from Saturday for 250 spectators in all areas, but it seems that some clubs have differing ideas of what is allowed by the SFA going by their social media. Is there a whole list of things clubs need to do first?

Carnoustie say "the guidelines from the Scottish FA is that no supporters are permitted." so they are having no spectators just now.

Cumnock say masks when entering the ground and at the facilities, other clubs don't mention them and some like Whitburn above say masks to be worn.

Other clubs say social distancing and/or test & trace, though I don't see how the details will actually be used (you'd need to know who was standing where, and if you're 2m apart then where's the transmission risk?)

Auchinleck say don't go to their friendly at Kello - "due to very limited numbers allowed to attend under present measures" and requirements which will mean long delays on entry to the ground.

Edited by Ginaro

9 minutes ago, Ginaro said:

Does anyone have a link to the actual SFA rules around spectators? Legally there's no issue from Saturday for 250 spectators in all areas, but it seems that some clubs have differing ideas of what is allowed by the SFA going by their social media. Is there a whole list of things clubs need to do first?

Carnoustie say "the guidelines from the Scottish FA is that no supporters are permitted." so they are having no spectators just now.

Cumnock say masks when entering the ground and at the facilities, other clubs don't mention them and some like Whitburn above say masks to be worn.

Other clubs say social distancing and/or test & trace, though I don't see how the details will actually be used (you'd need to know who was standing where, and if you're 2m apart then where's the transmission risk?)

Auchinleck say don't go to their friendly at Kello - "due to very limited numbers allowed to attend under present measures" and requirements which will mean long delays on entry to the ground.

Dunipace have that u need to scan ur smart phone.

I think it's more of a case of teams not wanting the hassle for a friendly. 

Auchinleck have a fanbase that far outstrips the capacity so could be why they would say that

Some details for Saturday's games at Arniston, Dunipace, Greenlaw, Haddington and Whitburn.

Haven't seen any details about Friday night's game at Kinnoull (which would be subject to lower limit) or Saturday's games at Bo'ness Athletic, Cumbernauld Colts, Fallin, Livingston Utd or Lochore... but Cumbernauld's website says "Admittance cost tbc" which would imply it - Broadwood has had fans in for womens and being seated is allowed double otherwise.

Dp.JPG.681d5d8612e1939cfb8dc6fe32742089.JPG

E28hG9eXoAAnz6K?format=jpg%26name=small&key=f64dce5909376784875ae574144754f52e9d4ad5712707b5c5cd092b075b931c

Tuesday 15th June
Clyde v Dalkeith Thistle

Tuesday 22nd June
East Fife v Burntisland Shipyard

Wednesday 30th June
Burntisland Shipyard v East Fife

Guessing only 1 of latter might be correct.

Shippya game on the 22nd June was against east fife first team it’s been cancelled now. 20s they play on the 30th

E3C1yHaXwAAlYpe?format=jpg&name=small

Friday 4th June
Hawick RAU 5-0 Hawick United AFC

Wednesday 23rd June
Coldstream v Chirnside United AFC
Sauchie v Cumbernauld United

Tuesday 29th June
Gala Fairydean Rovers v Penicuik Athletic

Tuesday 6th July
Dunbar United v Hibernian

Saturday 10th July
Hawick RAU v Civil Service Strollers

Greenlaw AFC 0-9 (nine) Tranent

My first live game since 22nd February 2020.

Visitors dominant as befits their status.

Early on this preseason friendly felt well-balanced, but right after the 1st half waterbreak Tranent struck from the edge of the box, then quickly added 3 more from a header, a penalty and a well-worked attack. HT 0-4. Hosts recovered their poise, conceding once at hour mark, only to wilt in the heat and let 4 more in late on.

Penultimate horrendously offside. Last was final kick.

MotM for me Greenlaw's 'keeper which tells its own story.

Tranent are assembling a formidable squad to challenge on all fronts.

Crowd around 90.

Glorious weather. Herons flapped overhead, butterflies danced among waterbottles, and Ricky Miller piroueted in the daisies. Football was back and it was good.

Greenlaw AFC 0-9 (nine) Tranent
Glorious weather. Herons flapped overhead, butterflies danced among waterbottles, and Ricky Miller piroueted in the daisies. Football was back and it was good.

The return of Fitbaw has clearly made you giddy with excitement. Hopefully more of us can share that experience over the next few weeks.

Opening weekend results/1 missing:

Friday 4th June
Hawick RAU 5-0 Hawick United AFC
Kinnoull 2-5 Kirriemuir Thistle

Saturday 5th June
Arniston Rangers 1-2 Whitehill Welfare
Bo'ness Athletic 3-2 Kennoway Star Harts
Cumbernauld Colts 2-2 Musselburgh Athletic
Dunipace 2-4 Sauchie
Fallin 2-0 Camelon
Greenlaw AFC 0-9 Tranent
Haddington Athletic 1-1 Tollcross Thistle AFC
Livingston United 1-1 Burntisland Shipyard
Lochore Welfare ?-? Benarty Astros AFC
Lochore Welfare v Lochgelly United AFC
Whitburn 6-2 Vale of Clyde

... and still they come pouring in.

Part of me wonders if players are going to be sick of friendlies by mid-July! Some clubs have 8, 10, or more lined-up.

On flipside now only 3 days without any (Wednesday 9th June; Thursday 10th June; Friday 2nd July).

E3MqTAfXwAE00MQ?format=jpg&name=900x900

Sunday 13th June
West Calder United v Thorniewood AFC

Tuesday 15th June
Stoneyburn v Shotts Bon Accord

Saturday 26th June
Stoneyburn v St Anthonys

Tuesday 29th June
Leven United AFC v St Andrews United

Wednesday 7th July
Stoneyburn v Ladywell Star AFC

Saturday 10th July