Another St Johnstone European Tour!

Steve McQueen

2 minutes ago, Bob Mahelp said:

Fair enough. 

Slightly misleading though, as 3 of these home wins were in 1971. 

As far as I can remember, is it not the case though that Saints recent home record is pretty poor, and in fact when playing the 2nd leg at home, you often get knocked out ?

To be fair, since the great results against Rosenberg and Lucerne we haven’t won a tie, so not a great record home or away I don’t think.

Guest Bob Mahelp
1 minute ago, PauloPerth said:

To be fair, since the great results against Rosenberg and Lucerne we haven’t won a tie, so not a great record home or away I don’t think.

Don't get me wrong, I think you guys are pulling out some terrific results and I wish you luck next Thursday. 

Like Aberdeen though, I suspect the hard part is maybe still to come. 

Can’t help but feel more confident about next week’s game than I did about the Galatasaray home leg. They’re maybe a better team than the Turks but their style of play enables our swashbuckling counter-attacking football. Feel disappointed we didn’t win, but both teams had great chances.

Don’t see any reason why they won’t use the exact same time ticketing method as last week?

Just now, Bob Mahelp said:

Don't get me wrong, I think you guys are pulling out some terrific results and I wish you luck next Thursday. 

Like Aberdeen though, I suspect the hard part is maybe still to come. 

Agree. We’re a great side when the onus is on the opposition to attack us, but struggle at home when we are expected to go for it a bit more.

Can’t help but feel more confident about next week’s game than I did about the Galatasaray home leg. They’re maybe a better team than the Turks but their style of play enables our swashbuckling counter-attacking football. Feel disappointed we didn’t win, but both teams had great chances.

Don’t see any reason why they won’t use the exact same time ticketing method as last week?
I am also more confident but I don't think they are close to the quality of Gala. I see them around the level of Aberdeen/Hibs - definitely beatable.

20 minutes ago, The Real Saints said:

Season ticket holders will have to buy tickets for a start - but hopefully we'll still have a good support. Could be a cracking night. And a better match than v Gala.

54 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

Won 5 Drawn 4 Lost 4

at home in Europe.

Away:-

won 2  drawn 5  lost 7

Unfortunately those home defeats have all come in our more recent European ventures. Hopefully this time we will take advantage of another great away performance!

Edited by St Innes

23 minutes ago, Saigon Raider said:
27 minutes ago, The Real Saints said:

I am also more confident but I don't think they are close to the quality of Gala. I see them around the level of Aberdeen/Hibs - definitely beatable.

I think I'm subconsciously overestimating their quality to make myself feel better when we fail to beat them next week. But I'd say, based on tonight, they're better than Aberdeen/Hibs but not as good as Celtic/Rangers. I'd predict a third place finish for them based on this 90 minutes and nothing else.

8 minutes ago, Mr Heliums said:

Season ticket holders will have to buy tickets for a start - but hopefully we'll still have a good support. Could be a cracking night. And a better match than v Gala.

True that, but I'd expect that season ticket holders will immediately get the option to purchase additional tickets, alongside their own, for 'friends and family' just like last time. We've only got a short window of opportunity to sell these tickets so I think they'll keep it as similar as possible.

25 minutes ago, The Real Saints said:

True that, but I'd expect that season ticket holders will immediately get the option to purchase additional tickets, alongside their own, for 'friends and family' just like last time. We've only got a short window of opportunity to sell these tickets so I think they'll keep it as similar as possible.

There won't be any demand from away fans though. If only 200 of the c***s travel 3 hours for their home game absolutely none will travel  by plane to the cauldron.

52 minutes ago, Trackdaybob said:

Talk to me about acquiring a ticket. If get Thursday off work I'll be homeward bound Wednesday night. 

Get a season ticket.

Only way you'll guarantee yourself a seat once we qualify and get Roma in the groups.

Jose Mourinho at McDiarmid...

Seems we had aucky escape not letting in many galatasary fans 

Tribunsel (@tribunsel) Tweeted: Bir Randers taraftarı Galatasaray tribününü tahrik edince ortalık bir anda karışıyor. https://t.co/GBH1bfiAot

Though the guy getting battered supposedly a fenerbache fan who just went to game to wind them up

5 hours ago, FrankChickens1 said:

Tribunsel (@tribunsel) Tweeted: Bir Randers taraftarı Galatasaray tribününü tahrik edince ortalık bir anda karışıyor. https://t.co/GBH1bfiAot

Though the guy getting battered supposedly a fenerbache fan who just went to game to wind them up

That's straight out of the old firm book of excuses.

"It wizny us. It was Chelsea/Hammerby fans." 

5 hours ago, FrankChickens1 said:

And yet when I suggested what would happen if they were in our end last week I was called a racist against all Turks? Some folk don't understand the difference between little old Eses and the big Istanbul teams.

Saints did the correct thing in turning any who came near the ground away.