Scotland squad euro 2020

3 minutes ago, Baptiste Bourgeois said:

That's the alternative centre-back options. 

So which one is it for you then? Who's the better call-up than Hendry? 

For defensive cover we move McTominay back if need be, play Cooper/Hanley/McKenna at RCB. Call up another midfielder, ideally one who can change a game if we need a goal with 20 mins to go. I'd have had Gauld in the squad rather than Hendry. Players can be flexible, it isn't a case of needing to designate set positions when you call someone up.

For defensive cover we move McTominay back if need be, play Cooper/Hanley/McKenna at RCB. Call up another midfielder, ideally one who can change a game if we need a goal with 20 mins to go. I'd have had Gauld in the squad rather than Hendry. Players can be flexible, it isn't a case of needing to designate set positions when you call someone up.
This. We've got too many centre backs, would much rather another attacking option.

12 minutes ago, AJF said:

McLaughlin has kept 12 clean sheets in 14 appearances this season and has the highest save percentage in the league.

14 games, like I said - daft to take the Sevco reserve goalie.

20 minutes ago, Dylangt7 said:

Genuine question as I'm surprised to  see all the shouts for Gauld being unlucky to miss out, whats changed? He's been no where near a squad for 5 years?

I see on Wikipedia he's played the most games in a season since his last at Dundee United an scored 9 goals but how many making the shout have actually seen him play.

Do we know if Clarke has seen him play, other than videos?

I would hope Clarke has had him watched, it is his job after all. I haven't seen anything other than highlights videos but his numbers are good and his performances are attracting some of the top clubs in Portugal now. You could easily have dropped Hendry, Taylor or Fleck out that side and taken Gauld, he's more likely to serve us in the future than the other 3 and we have plenty of cover in those positions. 

Not quite understanding the laughter at Patterson being included, he's better than Palmer and we will be hoping he can play a part in taking us to future tournaments. Bringing guys like him, Turnbull and Gilmour in is to get them into the tournament mentality IMO. A great call from Clarke. 

Just now, The Moonster said:

I would hope Clarke has had him watched, it is his job after all. I haven't seen anything other than highlights videos but his numbers are good and his performances are attracting some of the top clubs in Portugal now. You could easily have dropped Hendry, Taylor or Fleck out that side and taken Gauld, he's more likely to serve us in the future than the other 3 and we have plenty of cover in those positions. 

Not quite understanding the laughter at Patterson being included, he's better than Palmer and we will be hoping he can play a part in taking us to future tournaments. Bringing guys like him, Turnbull and Gilmour in is to get them into the tournament mentality IMO. A great call from Clarke. 

I don't care how many games Patterson has played, he's fast, gallus and technically good. I would be a lot more confident having him in there than O'Donnell who gives me the fear. Though O'Donnell will start.

1 minute ago, drs said:

14 games, like I said - daft to take the Sevco reserve goalie.

So it's daft to take a "reserve goalie" but it's not daft to take an inferior goalie? 

20 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Patterson better be fucking good given the media hype around him, all I see is a young boy who has played a couple of games for Rangers, and that that's enough to make it in the squad apparently.

Whoever plays at RB for us will be scudded off Foden/Sterling anyway.

Lose-lose.

23 minutes ago, J_Stewart said:

Absolutely howling at the team of bairns being asked who they wanted to see in the squad and all roaring "GRANT HANLEY" 😂

Quality video - apart from poor Greg Taylor getting the jobbers entrance - and Gauld aside, couldn't ask for much more than that. Now, to win it. 

Yeah, I half expected that when the footballer ran in from the left that he was going to recklessly slide tackle through all the kids in true Hanley style 😄

Edited by Gordopolis

Just now, Baptiste Bourgeois said:

Sterling couldn't scud a tatty. He's mince (speaking relatively here) 

I'll be delighted if he's playing instead of Foden, Grealish or Rashford. 

That's why Patterson has to be in. They'll have quality and pace down that side and he's way better equipped to deal with it than any of our other options.

2 minutes ago, Steve_Wilkos said:

Bottom of the group. 0 points and 0 goals. 

Cowardly Clarke strikes again.

I'm not sure if trolling or not, but what is cowardly about the team selection? I'd argue he has actually been more bold than people expected.

Edited by AJF