Next to go?

Just now, sydney said:

Sorry, but you’ve no idea what’s going on. You are trolling and wide of the mark so best give that one up. 
Btw, The fact that Clyde are still in existence despite the many challenges we have faced over the years and the fact that we still attract more than the likes of Kelty, Edinburgh and EK despite being rock bottom and complete shite for 2-3 years tells a story. 

Every Clyde fan on here has talked about the mystery benefactor and how it was important to get to January so the relative cash could be splashed. Have you been living under a rock?

3 minutes ago, Am Featha *****h Nan Clach said:

Every Clyde fan on here has talked about the mystery benefactor and how it was important to get to January so the relative cash could be splashed. Have you been living under a rock?

There is a difference between having a loyal fan that’s boosting money into the club he loves and a guy who owns Black Rooster ( is a wannabe football manger) and signs a player after every loss.

1 minute ago, Am Featha *****h Nan Clach said:

😂 No I haven’t but sometimes wish I was. The money would have been spent whether the benefactor was there or not. There was simply no option. Spend or die. I’d doubt we’d be paying more than we paid for the likes of Danny Lennon and David Goodwillie for Iain McCall and Jordan Allan. 
Despite our league position and homeless status, our support didn’t drop that much. We’ve also saved money by leaving Broadwood by all accounts. 
If there is indeed a benefactor, brilliant and it’s probably given us the ability to take a few risks financially. Don’t think we’ll be looking forward to cup finals though. 

Just now, sydney said:

😂 No I haven’t but sometimes wish I was. The money would have been spent whether the benefactor was there or not. 

There is a mystery benefactor. Everyone knows this. Whether it be a rich fan plowing in their own money or a 'legitimate businessman' looking to use a club to ensure their shirts are extremely clean, it is not from the club's own income or cash reserves.

It's now looking like one of Bonnyrigg, Stranraer or Clyde to finish in bottom position.  It's still to early to predict but FWIW I'd rather it was Bonnyrigg; not because I have anything against them - far from it - but because I feel that they will adapt far better to life outside the senior divisions than the other two.

Of course there's no guarantee that any of them would drop out but I'd fear for Clyde and Stranraer if they did.  But if we do see change I'd rather Brechin returned at least to prove it can be done.

3 hours ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

It's now looking like one of Bonnyrigg, Stranraer or Clyde to finish in bottom position.  It's still to early to predict but FWIW I'd rather it was Bonnyrigg; not because I have anything against them - far from it - but because I feel that they will adapt far better to life outside the senior divisions than the other two.

Of course there's no guarantee that any of them would drop out but I'd fear for Clyde and Stranraer if they did.  But if we do see change I'd rather Brechin returned at least to prove it can be done.

national divisions.

3 hours ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

34 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

national divisions.

@ScottR96 what would you call the SPFL divisions, given that they encompass the whole country and the senior leagues below them in the pyramid are regionalised?

43 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

@ScottR96 what would you call the SPFL divisions, given that they encompass the whole country and the senior leagues below them in the pyramid are regionalised?

Couldn’t care less what they’re called. However, poindexters coming on this thread and constantly correcting people for referring to the SPFL as the only senior league set up when they know fine well what they mean is just getting somewhat tedious. 

Edited by ScottR96

1 hour ago, GallowayBlue said:

If it is to be Stranraer, it's hard to see how their current model for signing players could be maintained due to geography.

Wouldn't be long until they ended up relegated again, never to return from the south, I think.

This is my fear. Berwick,  Cowden and East Stirlingshire at least have geography on their side in terms of catchment areas for recruitment, and they've found it hard enough. 

Its all hypothetic, but dropping out of the Lowland would mean the end of the Reserve side too. Unless we somehow were allowed into the WOSFL.

1 hour ago, ScottR96 said:

Couldn’t care less what they’re called. However, poindexters coming on this thread and constantly correcting people for referring to the SPFL as the only senior league set up when they know fine well what they mean is just getting somewhat tedious. 

I agree Scott, but as the originator I pledge to do better.  Meantime take a greenie.

1 hour ago, MrFizz said:

This is my fear. Berwick,  Cowden and East Stirlingshire at least have geography on their side in terms of catchment areas for recruitment, and they've found it hard enough. 

Its all hypothetic, but dropping out of the Lowland would mean the end of the Reserve side too. Unless we somehow were allowed into the WOSFL.

All hypothetical, but I have often wondered if the WoSFL would be the option the club would try to pursue.

The idea of Stranraer FC playing in the SoSFL is unthinkable to me.

If that scenario ever did come to pass, the people that said they would support the team if locals played would have to find a new excuse for not supporting them.

Edited by GallowayBlue

1 hour ago, MrFizz said:

Do much players progress into the 1st team

4 minutes ago, cowdenbeath said:

Do much players progress into the 1st team

No, it's a total waste of time and probably more about PR in the community - appealing to a group that have no interest in supporting Stranraer anyway.

I think they're largely self funding, but the accounts show about £3000 per year spent on the team.

If it takes even 0.1% of attention away from our actual team it should be scrapped, in my opinion.

1 hour ago, GallowayBlue said:

No, it's a total waste of time and probably more about PR in the community - appealing to a group that have no interest in supporting Stranraer anyway.

I think they're largely self funding, but the accounts show about £3000 per year spent on the team.

If it takes even 0.1% of attention away from our actual team it should be scrapped, in my opinion.

Cheers often wondered as you say waste of time if no progression to the first team.

23 minutes ago, cowdenbeath said:

Cheers often wondered as you say waste of time if no progression to the first team.

According to their very good page with player profiles, of the 28 current, on-loan and departed players listed only one has a mention of having played for the SOS team - goalkeeper Andrew Downie, who moved up last October. https://stranraerfc.org/squad/