COWDENBEATH 2021-22

Wondering how the tickets are going to be arranged for Cowden fans for Bonnyrigg next Saturday?

Doesn’t look like Bonnyrigg have any way to deal with online sales/app based sales which is understandable given their position.

I am thinking that I may have to travel over to Cowdenbeath somehow (no idea how going to manage that due to work) during the week to buy physical tickets for a game about 6 miles from my house. 🤔😀

Pay at the gate would be lovely but can’t see it.

8 hours ago, Cowdenleith said:

Anyone go to the awards function after the match. Who won what? 

Aye Fraser Mullen won both Player of the Year and Players Player of the Year.

Andy Barrowman won goal of the season.

12 hours ago, Cowdenleith said:

Wondering how the tickets are going to be arranged for Cowden fans for Bonnyrigg next Saturday?

Doesn’t look like Bonnyrigg have any way to deal with online sales/app based sales which is understandable given their position.

I am thinking that I may have to travel over to Cowdenbeath somehow (no idea how going to manage that due to work) during the week to buy physical tickets for a game about 6 miles from my house. 🤔😀

Pay at the gate would be lovely but can’t see it.

Bonnyrigg are selling today to season ticket holders and then an open sale from Monday. They are also selling online on Monday only to allow for delivery. Don't know if they segregate the ground, but it doesn't say anywhere that the tickets are for home fans only. It says they look forward to welcoming all supporters. Looks like anyone can buy them from tomorrow.

Don't know if I was imagining it, but I am sure someone said we would get about 400 tickets to sell.

Edited by PELE

🎟️ Cowdenbeath visit New Dundas Park on Saturday 7th May for the first leg of the League 2 Play Off final. This is an all-ticket match.

Ticket prices for the first leg are adults £10 and conc £5. Conc tickets are available for over 65s, under 18s, disabled and carer.

1/2

We have been provided with an allocation of tickets for our supporters. They will be on sale at the office at Central Park at the following times:

Mon 2nd May (ST holders only) - 9.30am - 1pm
Tues 3rd May - (General Sale) - 1pm - 6pm
Wed 4th May - (General Sale) - 6pm - 8pm

2/2

Looks like big McGachie will miss the 1st leg for Bonnyrigg. Apparently he was sent off at the end of the match yesterday for supposedly "goading" the Broch fans (Sumo style, for those who remember) who were taunting him about his size.

Looks like a handful, so might help our cause if he is suspended.

1 hour ago, PELE said:

Looks like big McGachie will miss the 1st leg for Bonnyrigg. Apparently he was sent off at the end of the match yesterday for supposedly "goading" the Broch fans (Sumo style, for those who remember) who were taunting him about his size.

Looks like a handful, so might help our cause if he is suspended.

Silly thing to get a suspension for.

Can understand him wanting to get it right up the opposition fans, but not worth missing the next game for.

Watched Bonnyrigg many times in Bo'ness United games with and without "Boris" McGachie and to be honest it doesn't appear to change the way Bonnyrigg play. They work hard and they all do their jobs. A big solid back 4 with deep defensive midfield cover they are incredibly hard to play through or get around the sides. They are good at keeping possession but if under pressure they will not risk losing the ball in their own half and will launch it up the park. Their forwards hold up the ball looking to create set pieces so they can send up the big defenders.

They are a very effective and capable team and I fear you are doomed to join Berwick Rangers and East Stirlingshire in the 5th tier.

8 hours ago, cowdenbeath said:

Aye Fraser Mullen won both Player of the Year and Players Player of the Year.

Andy Barrowman won goal of the season.

While Andy Barrowman’s goal was a wonder, I felt that more than one of Sammy’s goals had great individual skill from him in the lead up, plus a great finish, so I would have gone for the goal at Annan as goal of the season.

5 hours ago, PELE said:

Bonnyrigg are selling today to season ticket holders and then an open sale from Monday. They are also selling online on Monday only to allow for delivery. Don't know if they segregate the ground, but it doesn't say anywhere that the tickets are for home fans only. It says they look forward to welcoming all supporters. Looks like anyone can buy them from tomorrow.

Don't know if I was imagining it, but I am sure someone said we would get about 400 tickets to sell.

Thanks for the reply, off work tomorrow and would have been quite happy to drive over to Cowdenbeath, but we don’t have season tickets.

Understandable that tomorrow is for season tickets, but just can’t get over Tue/We’d with work and school commitments.

Need to do more digging to see if New Dundas has segregation or separate entrance in place for away fans (probably not something they regularly encounter), if not will probably just nip over there to get some tickets.

Edit: I just saw your post asking about segregation on the Bonnyrigg thread, and the reply,looks like there will be no issues on that front, so will get our tickets from Bonnyrigg.👍

Edited by Cowdenleith

18 minutes ago, Cowdenleith said:

Thanks for the reply, off work tomorrow and would have been quite happy to drive over to Cowdenbeath, but we don’t have season tickets.

Understandable that tomorrow is for season tickets, but just can’t get over Tue/We’d with work and school commitments.

Need to do more digging to see if New Dundas has segregation or separate entrance in place for away fans (probably not something they regularly encounter), if not will probably just nip over there to get some tickets.

Edit: I just saw your post asking about segregation on the Bonnyrigg thread, and the reply,looks like there will be no issues on that front, so will get our tickets from Bonnyrigg.👍

There are two turnstiles at New Dundas Park. They hosted Dumbarton in the Scottish Cup a few season ago with a big crowd and no trouble. 

I wouldn't say Bonnyrigg as a town doesn't have neds but whenever I've been there I've never had any bother so you should be okay. 

Good luck to the Blue Brazil in the play-offs. I don't fancy Bonnyrigg as a rival to City for attracting players so vested interests here... 

20 minutes ago, Cowdenleith said:

Yeah. Looks like they suggest the away fans congregate in one section, but not a separate away end, so I am guessing it doesn't matter where you buy the tickets from. They should all be the same.

I would rather buy them from Cowden direct, but it will be easier for me to get them from Bonnyrigg as well. I go most weeks, but also don't have a season ticket. Probably be tickets still available from Cowden on Tuesday, but you can never tell with these games. The 1st game against the Broch had a crowd of nearly 1600. I think the capacity is about 1k more than that.

8 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

There are two turnstiles at New Dundas Park. They hosted Dumbarton in the Scottish Cup a few season ago with a big crowd and no trouble. 

I wouldn't say Bonnyrigg as a town doesn't have neds but whenever I've been there I've never had any bother so you should be okay. 

Good luck to the Blue Brazil in the play-offs. I don't fancy Bonnyrigg as a rival to City for attracting players so vested interests here... 

Not worried about trouble. Not expecting any. I was more thinking about where it was easier to buy tickets. If there no segregation, then it looks ok to buy from either club.