vs Luxembourg

Donathan

57 minutes ago, HalfCutNinja said:

Aye totally eh. Guys from Man Utd, Liverpool, Arsenal, Chelsea and Aston Villa would struggle against a team who are a mid-table Championship side.  

Rangers have what maybe two players who would stand a chance of getting a game for Scotland, if that.  

😂😂😂

That's an 8/10 troll tbf. 

Shows the dearth of talent we have at centre half when there's a consistent shout for Hendry to start against the Czech Republic. 

A player who had to go to Belgium and Australia to get his career restarted after not getting much of a chance at Celtic. Fair play to him for getting out, proving himself elsewhere. 

Its a pity John Souttar couldn't have played more regularly this season to force his way into the national squad. He'd be in my team if he were fully fit. 

13 minutes ago, BukyOHare said:

Shows the dearth of talent we have at centre half when there's a consistent shout for Hendry to start against the Czech Republic. 

A player who had to go to Belgium and Australia to get his career restarted after not getting much of a chance at Celtic. Fair play to him for getting out, proving himself elsewhere. 

Its a pity John Souttar couldn't have played more regularly this season to force his way into the national squad. He'd be in my team if he were fully fit. 

he was good when he played for dundee...but celtic do what them and their brothers over the city do..buy any half decent young scottish player then immediately bench/get rid the minute they have a bad game or 2...if young laddies are in the game for a career and not money ive no idea why they just dont stay at a diddy team for a few seasons learning the game by actually playing every week...rather than sitting on a bench or binned to the bairns team.

18 minutes ago, Meeniedee said:

he was good when he played for dundee...but celtic do what them and their brothers over the city do..buy any half decent young scottish player then immediately bench/get rid the minute they have a bad game or 2...if young laddies are in the game for a career and not money ive no idea why they just dont stay at a diddy team for a few seasons learning the game by actually playing every week...rather than sitting on a bench or binned to the bairns team.

Except that Jack Hendry has done the opposite of that, has still ended up playing regular football over the last couple of seasons, and is now potentially on the verge of starting for Scotland in a major championships. Ryan Christie made a similar decision and is in a similar boat, minus the failing at Celtic part.

Edited by craigkillie

Certainly a lack of talent, however St Johnstone’s back line were surely the form players and ignored so tough.

24 minutes ago, Barney Rubble said:

Patterson.

Got done for speed twice defensively.

Had four opportunities to hit the byeline and cut inside every time.

He's one for the future but not for this tournament - barring something unfortunate to other players.

Four U21 caps where he looked nothing special

Seven first team games for The **** and now a full international

Patently not ready for this level.

Get a year playing for them and come back then 

5 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

Except that Jack Hendry has done the opposite of that, has still ended up playing regular football over the last couple of seasons, and is now potentially on the verge of starting for Scotland in a major Championships. Ryan Christie made a similar decision and is in a similar boat.

It's still a massive indictment of Scottish football that a guy who at the tender, callow age of 26 is still considered by Celtic's management as being worth no more than to be farmed out abroad for diplomatic reasons is a first-team international pick. Struggling to think of a similar example elsewhere (and Gareth Bale is not a similar example).

2 minutes ago, Sheep62 said:

Four U21 caps where he looked nothing special

Seven first team games for The **** and now a full international

Patently not ready for this level.

Get a year playing for them and come back then 

He was mostly played on the right wing for Scotland U21s, and he has played 16 games for Rangers. I don't think quite there for a start, but he's already better than the likes of Liam Palmer who were kicking about squads in that position.

1 minute ago, Thumper said:

It's still a massive indictment of Scottish football that a guy who at the tender, callow age of 26 is still considered by Celtic's management as being worth no more than to be farmed out abroad for diplomatic reasons is a first-team international pick. Struggling to think of a similar example elsewhere (and Gareth Bale is not a similar example).

You're struggling to think of a single international footballer who has failed at one club and who has had to be loaned out to another club?

1 minute ago, Thumper said:

I’m not sure anyone should be justifying things based on the decisions of the Celtic management team tbh. 

1 hour ago, afca32 said:

That was a nasty knock he took so I really hope he's all right. In other sports he could well be made to sit out for the next two games after a fall like that. Fortunately for Scotland, football has reacted very slowly to general concerns around concussion, which may be to the detriment of Gilmours long term health.

I'm sure he'll be fine. Its a bump that happens all the time so theres no need to overreact like Provan saying it should have been a red, utter nonsense.

But, just to dig up on a point, under no circumstances would it be fortunate for Scotland if we sacrificed Gilmour's long term health just so he can play the next 3 games. The boy is potentially a star for the next 10-15 years, if there is any doubt whatsoever about him after that clash, he should be sent home and get looked after properly. I for one would lose a hell of a lot of respect for Clarke and co if that wasnt the case should there be uncertainty about Gilmour's head knock (not like there looked like there is tbh). 

3 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

He was mostly played on the right wing for Scotland U21s, and he has played 16 games for Rangers. I don't think quite there for a start, but he's already better than the likes of Liam Palmer who were kicking about squads in that position.

Sorry that I quoted his league games only.

The rest I stand by.

Not ready to be an international.

3 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

You're struggling to think of a single international footballer who has failed at one club and who has had to be loaned out to another club?

One whose reason for international selection is entirely due to performances while loaned out.

45 minutes ago, BukyOHare said:

John Souttar is comfortably worse than any CB selected by Scotland in the past 5 years,

I doubt he'd get in to many top 6 defences in Scotland, never mind the English Championship.

A horrendously over rated player based entirely on a myth built up that hes "good on the ball", that grows every season he misses because his chocolate legs are broken again.

2 minutes ago, Sheep62 said:

Sorry that I quoted his league games only.

The rest I stand by.

Not ready to be an international.

What is the threshold for a player to be considered “ready” to be an international? Surely it’s at the stage where he is one of the best options available in his position to us?

If not Patterson, what other RB would you have in the squad instead?