Queen’s Park 21/22

Really chuffed with that performance. Laurie spoke well after the game too. He’ll be happy with a winning start.

Excited for Wednesday but expect nothing. Happy to be back watching live games though. Well done Queen’s 👍👏

Wee Biggar still an apprentice, soon to be a fitba’ master 😁

Edited by QPSpider1867

You'll be upset to read that last season's League 2 championship flag was only a dream.

BBC Sport website:

Cove Rangers, last year's League Two champions, were stunned by a stoppage-time winner from Stirling Albion's Nathan Flanagan.

1 hour ago, AlbionMan said:

You'll be upset to read that last season's League 2 championship flag was only a dream.

BBC Sport website:

Cove Rangers, last year's League Two champions, were stunned by a stoppage-time winner from Stirling Albion's Nathan Flanagan.

Easy come easy go. There's always this year. By the way it is the official view of the BBC that Rangers didn't die.

17 hours ago, QPSpider1867 said:

Really chuffed with that performance. Laurie spoke well after the game too. He’ll be happy with a winning start.

Excited for Wednesday but expect nothing. Happy to be back watching live games though. Well done Queen’s 👍👏

Wee Biggar still an apprentice, soon to be a fitba’ master 😁

A great result and performance. Have just read Keith's match report where he mentioned the fact that there were two ex- QP players in the QOS team. Was very surprised that he did not know that there were three. There best player was no10 Lee Connelly, who came through the QP youth system, and left us when he was 18 and went to Sunderland. He played last year, on loan, to Alloa. Thought a man with Keith's history of QP would have known that. Mind you young Mr .Connelly  never played for the first team.

I read that Covid and isolation played a part in some of our absentees. Shouldn't have to get that information from a match report but I am grateful just the same. Depending on when isolation started we may have a much fuller squad quite soon. I wish any player or official who has/had it a speedy full recovery.

5 minutes ago, williebraveheart said:

I read that Covid and isolation played a part in some of our absentees. Shouldn't have to get that information from a match report but I am grateful just the same. Depending on when isolation started we may have a much fuller squad quite soon. I wish any player or official who has/had it a speedy full recovery.

I’ve noticed a difference across all clubs when it comes to announcing Covid absences tbf. Don’t tend to name the players.

It’s absolutely everywhere just now. I’ve now heard of six folk over the past week or so who either have/had the virus or have had to isolate. Would be very surprised if the forfeits on Saturday were the last. 

1 hour ago, williebraveheart said:

Maybe we were told about, it because people in the know,  have been reading this website and this was a method of telling us these things after seeing how upset we all were with the lack of communication from the club. Also noticed during the game that our favourite captains armband had been restored, was that also because of comments made on this site?

Tremendous win on Saturday. We rode our luck at times as most of their efforts were straight down Willie's throat but I think we earned that. Especially with loads of regulars missing.

So it's good to know our team on the pitch won't let us down.  

Couldn't help but notice that QOS managed to have a lot of their support sitting or standing in "bubbles". Funny how they managed it and we're incapable. But they tell us they'll be working on this "over the next few weeks".  Maybe they should have worked on this over the last few weeks. Zero foresight or is it just laziness? Whatever it is, Dempster should concentrate on engaging properly with the current fan base. 

I see they are also trotting out some bullshit line about away fans not being currently allowed in until August by the SG. That's not true, it's at the discretion of the home club to sell tickets to whoever they like, as long as they don't go above the appropriate crowd numbers for the relevant levels. There were away fans at Cowden and EK. But of course our home support should take priority and they've made a complete balls of getting all of us in so maybe best not to get too ambitious. If we go to level 0 (as planned next week) then 2,000 fans minimum will be allowed in Firhill. Everyone should be in for the Cove game on August 7, no excuses. Covid distancing rules are expected to go as well but, if not, all they have to do is open another stand.

I'm also still waiting on them telling us further news on kids with season tickets being able to sit next to their responsible adult who is a member. 

Edited by Mick1867

I’d be very, very interested to hear how much focus that those on the committee, who got into games last season,  have been putting on making sure the support could return as soon as possible, with plans being put in place for it to happen. Social distancing and crowd limits haven’t just crept up on us.

Edited by an86

Like others before me have said, a big "well done" to all the playing staff for last Saturday's performance against higher placed opposition in QoS.

Personally I'm much happier bringing through our own youths like Calum Biggar, when they're deemed ready, rather than splashing the cash on supposed big hitters from leagues above; like McWho.

McWho I hear you ask; I think most folk have forgotten about him already, he was the hit man recruited to bang in the goals.

It was interesting and encouraging listening to Laurie's interview after the match, it seemed more "off the cuff" and real, than the usual chat with RayMac; where the same dialogue could have applied to every game all season, successful as he inevitably was.

I'm probably like many others. A season ticket holder and the club do have my email as per the colts questionaire they sent me, but I still have had no email about attending our first home game.

It's typical of how bad their communications are; that supporters are more likely to find out what is happening and how to support and attend games, by asking questions on a fans forum, rather than emailing the club direct. I am aware that they have issued a phone number for supporters in my situation re attendance on Wednesday, but I'm not holding my breath.

Does anyone here know, if any home games will be shown this season on QPTV ?  I assume Beardie or a "friend" who lounge here could answer that question.

Similarly will any other clubs in our division be showing their home games when hopefully the covid restrictions are lifted, or is there some legal clash with other televised games on other media platforms.

Would be nice of the club to clear up such matters, but precedent isn't good on that front.

4 hours ago, QP's in my DNA said:

Similarly will any other clubs in our division be showing their home games when hopefully the covid restrictions are lifted, or is there some legal clash with other televised games on other media platforms.

Would be nice of the club to clear up such matters, but precedent isn't good on that front.

The SFA issued some guidance to clubs last week 

The Scottish FA Board has agreed to provide permission to clubs to transmit their own footage of matches.  Such permission is granted with immediate effect, and until such time as the Board determines otherwise, and is subject to the relevant club ensuring that the operational elements around this meet all JRG/Scottish Government protocols and guidance.

Which is quite open ended.

13 hours ago, QP's in my DNA said:

I am aware that they have issued a phone number for supporters in my situation re attendance on Wednesday, but I'm not holding my breath.

Nobody is answering it. It's now 10am. Office staff easing their way back into things after a fortnight off. Worst customer service of all time

This was dated 11th and clarifies a few points. However, the second link Is from PTFC regarding their game on Saturday against Dunfermline. As the QP link clarifies we are tied to PTFC licensing restrictions it seems logical our fans will have to abide by the same rules.

Two things are concerning; there’s a link within the PTFC page instructing all attendees that they have to complete an online CoVid health questionnaire. There is then a paragraph about “one of the biggest changes” and it explains about time slots for entry. Says a time should be on your ticket but as a member there isn’t a specific match ticket. I noticed time slots happened at Dumfries also, which in their case was spread over an hour. I haven’t seen anything from QP on either of these nor is their any clarity on what happens If you don’t comply. I’m sure the stewards will be ready to help but as most folk arrive within 15 mins of kick-off it could result in missing kick-off.

https://queensparkfc.co.uk/update-on-membership-motherwell-and-season-tickets/

https://ptfc.co.uk/ptfc-news/supporter-information-for-dunfermline-match/