Kelty Hearts Thread

Just now, Kelheart said:

And they've released him , hope he's insured , we've took a punt on Lewis Moore as well , first game in almost two years midweek and played Braw , not quite match fit and probably carrying wee bit weight but bet he was glad to be back at it and what's about sending over wee Andy Tod on loan ๐Ÿ˜

More just meaning there would no point trying to cover a position you had an injury in.ย 

Last season I'd have said yes but he's started this season on fire and helped plug a massive Matty Todd shaped hole in our team. You could have his younger brother Jon though!

5 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

More just meaning there would no point trying to cover a position you had an injury in.ย 

Last season I'd have said yes but he's started this season on fire and helped plug a massive Matty Todd shaped hole in our team. You could have his younger brother Jon though!

Johns a cracking wee player and young Charlie as well , wee conveyor belt of Tods on the go ๐Ÿ˜‚awe the best fir the season ahead , how do you fancy your chances this season ?ย 

Edited by Kelheart

4 minutes ago, Kelheart said:

Johns a cracking wee player and young Charlie as well , wee conveyor belt of Tods on the go ๐Ÿ˜‚awe the best fir the season ahead , how do you fancy your chances this season ?ย 

Before Ritchie-Hosler and Todd got injured I'd have said we should be aiming for top 4, although the Championship looks to have 9 teams in it this season who will all be thinking the same! As it stands our squad is far too small; if we need to make a change to chase a game or change shape there isn't much on the bench. I thought we'd be bringing in McGowan and Wotherspoon but the former joined Cove and the latter is apparently training with Airdrie so it looks like we'll be hoping we start off ok then pick up some loads when the permanent transfer window closes.ย 

Hopefully you guys can keep up the positive vibes from pre season and get yourselves comfortably mid table to begin with and then start looking upwards. It looks a tough league though. I think Stirling will be decent so there won't be two teams isolated like there was with Clyde and Peterhead. As long as you can help keep Falkirk down, I'll be happy!

12 hours ago, leomessi1984 said:

Young Finlay Shearer appears to be away at the Glen's on loan. Good for him to get some more first team action in men's football.

Only just turned 18 & one for next season I think.

Hopefully partners Cargi up top ๐Ÿ˜, buzzing for Saturday hopefully full fit squadย 

19 hours ago, leomessi1984 said:

Young Finlay Shearer appears to be away at the Glen's on loan. Good for him to get some more first team action in men's football.

Only just turned 18 & one for next season I think.

That's an encouraging development. Everyone wants to see young players break into the first team, and there's every chance Shearer makes it at this level, but being used in the way Potter used him towards the end of last season was a little bit early for me.ย 

The game at East End Park stood out, where he replaced Fash quite early on and got some decent minutes under his belt. It was telling that even when not running at anywhere near full steam, Fash offered more up front for even the basics like winning challenges off long balls and closing down defenders to create a bit of pressure. You'd expect that, and it was a tough situation in which to try and make an impression, but it was clear then that perhaps we'd need to go a different route. A run of competitive first team football at a level a wee bit further down the pyramid is exactly the direction I'd have wanted the club to go in. There's potential there, and I'm pleased it's being developed in a way that seems to me to give him the best chance.ย 

At the end of last season I was a bit concerned that we'd find ourselves over reliant on young players who werent quite ready to step up. I've said it before but things are looking much healthier than I could have imagined.ย 

13 minutes ago, KH4 said:

That's an encouraging development. Everyone wants to see young players break into the first team, and there's every chance Shearer makes it at this level, but being used in the way Potter used him towards the end of last season was a little bit early for me.ย 

The game at East End Park stood out, where he replaced Fash quite early on and got some decent minutes under his belt. It was telling that even when not running at anywhere near full steam, Fash offered more up front for even the basics like winning challenges off long balls and closing down defenders to create a bit of pressure. You'd expect that, and it was a tough situation in which to try and make an impression, but it was clear then that perhaps we'd need to go a different route. A run of competitive first team football at a level a wee bit further down the pyramid is exactly the direction I'd have wanted the club to go in. There's potential there, and I'm pleased it's being developed in a way that seems to me to give him the best chance.ย 

At the end of last season I was a bit concerned that we'd find ourselves over reliant on young players who werent quite ready to step up. I've said it before but things are looking much healthier than I could have imagined.ย 

Tidser, up to this point, has done an exceptional job. Super early of course but we are in better nick than last season at the same point.

Lot's of good teams in that EOS Premier for Shearer to play against. He'll learn loads of the likes of Cargi too.

1 hour ago, leomessi1984 said:

Tidser, up to this point, has done an exceptional job. Super early of course but we are in better nick than last season at the same point.

Lot's of good teams in that EOS Premier for Shearer to play against. He'll learn loads of the likes of Cargi too.

Wholeheartedly agree neeb up till now we've all been saying Daramola is a find and how long he will be with us but credit has to go to Tids and the recruitment and team he's building around him and CJ up top , if we hopefully push on from last season how long will it be before Tids gets better offersย 

1 hour ago, Kelheart said:

Wholeheartedly agree neeb up till now we've all been saying Daramola is a find and how long he will be with us but credit has to go to Tids and the recruitment and team he's building around him and CJ up top , if we hopefully push on from last season how long will it be before Tids gets better offersย 

That had occurred to me as well. Until the seasons well underway I'll feel inclined to qualify everything I say with regards to Kelty. Despite performing exceptionally well in the Cup it's too early to draw any conclusions etc.ย 

Daramola has caught a LOT of attention, and deservedly so. I've seen a lot of chatter among supporters of other, larger clubs who wouldn't mind seeing Daramola turning out for them. If he keeps performing at this level I fear his stay with us will be brief, and if he's still with us at the end of this season id be delighted.ย 

You're right about Tidser though. Everything I've seen has been impressive. The squad he's built, the results, the performances, the style of football and the entertainment factor, the way he's carried himself, even the way the players talk about him in interviews. I would not be surprised if Tidser is managing at a much higher level before long.ย 

58 minutes ago, KH4 said:

That had occurred to me as well. Until the seasons well underway I'll feel inclined to qualify everything I say with regards to Kelty. Despite performing exceptionally well in the Cup it's too early to draw any conclusions etc.ย 

Daramola has caught a LOT of attention, and deservedly so. I've seen a lot of chatter among supporters of other, larger clubs who wouldn't mind seeing Daramola turning out for them. If he keeps performing at this level I fear his stay with us will be brief, and if he's still with us at the end of this season id be delighted.ย 

You're right about Tidser though. Everything I've seen has been impressive. The squad he's built, the results, the performances, the style of football and the entertainment factor, the way he's carried himself, even the way the players talk about him in interviews. I would not be surprised if Tidser is managing at a much higher level before long.ย 

Good that Tiwi signed a 3yr deal when he joined. If he goes we'll get a good fee at least.

3 hours ago, leomessi1984 said:

Lewis O'Donnell in on loan from the Arabs. Highly thought of by all accounts m.

FB_IMG_1691154170378.jpg

Good addition and plenty from mid to up top now just need a couple in for cover/starters ??? at the back and I'd say we are much better prepared than last year , excellent job by Tids and the background staff getting this squad together , fun starts tomorrow thoughย 

That was an important result today. When I saw that Keltys first league game was against Montrose, my sense was that it would prove to be a bit of a bellwether for the season ahead. Since winning promotion in 2018, Montrose have done very well under Petrie to establish themselves as a solid League One club. They've finished in the playoff places in 4 of the 5 seasons they've been in the league, and Montrose are one of the sides we'd want to perform well against if we're looking to improve on last season.

I'd consider it success if Kelty were able to emulate Montrose, as they are more or less where I'd want Kelty to be. A club that could be at League Two level but who've performed well enough to stay well clear of it but aren't quite able to push on towards the Championship. If we were able to cement our place in League One and enjoy the end of season excitement the playoffs bring, I'd be perfectly content with that.ย 

To get the result against them away from home is an excellent way to leave the starting blocks, and will only add to the growing confidence we've built over the past few weeks.ย 

ย 

15 minutes ago, KH4 said:

That was an important result today. When I saw that Keltys first league game was against Montrose, my sense was that it would prove to be a bit of a bellwether for the season ahead. Since winning promotion in 2018, Montrose have done very well under Petrie to establish themselves as a solid League One club. They've finished in the playoff places in 4 of the 5 seasons they've been in the league, and Montrose are one of the sides we'd want to perform well against if we're looking to improve on last season.

I'd consider it success if Kelty were able to emulate Montrose, as they are more or less where I'd want Kelty to be. A club that could be at League Two level but who've performed well enough to stay well clear of it but aren't quite able to push on towards the Championship. If we were able to cement our place in League One and enjoy the end of season excitement the playoffs bring, I'd be perfectly content with that.ย 

To get the result against them away from home is an excellent way to leave the starting blocks, and will only add to the growing confidence we've built over the past few weeks.ย 

ย 

ย 

Tremendous post & sums us up right now very well ๐Ÿ‘ย 

All the spotlight on Daramola n CJ today but thought Moore stole the show , what a signing and with something to prove after almost two years out so pleased for him today , Billy Owens as well being asked to play out of position but just gets on with it absolutely delighted for them all today ๐Ÿ‘Œ๐Ÿผ๐Ÿ‘Œ๐Ÿผ

17 minutes ago, Kelheart said:

All the spotlight on Daramola n CJ today but thought Moore stole the show , what a signing and with something to prove after almost two years out so pleased for him today , Billy Owens as well being asked to play out of position but just gets on with it absolutely delighted for them all today ๐Ÿ‘Œ๐Ÿผ๐Ÿ‘Œ๐Ÿผ

There is a reason Moore was in the first team at Hearts at such a young age & in big games. Looks like injuries really blighted his progress. If he stays fit he'll be class for us.