Central belt boundaries

51 minutes ago, Peter Grant said:

Don’t drag The Kingdom into this.

See?

There are obviously some proud Fifers who understand that you can't have it all: you can either be in civilisation, or you can have your own unique savoury pastries.

So having steak bridies means you are not part of civilisation but being from a place were they think it's perfectly acceptable to use the term black b*****ds is part of civilisation because you can catch a bus to Glasgow in 45 minutes, got it. 

2 hours ago, Thumper said:

See?

There are obviously some proud Fifers who understand that you can't have it all: you can either be in civilisation, or you can have your own unique savoury pastries.

Easy decision tbh.

16 hours ago, alta-pete said:

If you can get to an actual motorway, (other than the M74 south of Hamilton - principally a freight route to our nearest trading neighbour)  within 10 minutes of leaving your house, then you’re in the Central Belt. 

If you think dualled A roads are arterial routes, then you’re outwith. And a bumpkin. Note also that this’ll mean most of eastern Edinburgh and anything beyond Langbank are outwith the Central Belt. Case closed. 

This would mean Scone is in the Central Belt, but not Craigmillar.

Not for me, Clive.

10 hours ago, coprolite said:

Methil area is definitely on there.  Like i said, as you zoom in the markers drift down. I was surprised how far east they went in Fife but haven't looked into the data in any detail- there's probably surface outcrops that were mined way back that might be included. Also some of the ones around the edges are really short lived- maybe just prospecting? 

https://www.nmrs.org.uk/mines-map/coal-mining-in-the-british-isles/collieries-of-the-british-isles/coal-mines-scotland/

Showed this to my dad (he's like, old). The one in Aberhill near Bayview Park, between Aberhill Primary and the Bus Depot was used by the War Office to dump ammunition in after WWII. 

image.thumb.png.07e72aba541eae9764a0b95c3fa67f1f.png

Edited by Newbornbairn

11 hours ago, Avon Barksdale said:

Much like large cities have areas named Chinatown or Koreatown, Glasburgh will have Weegietown, where one will be able to consume fried delicacies with the incorrect condiments.

Glasburgh already exists. The Airdrie to Bathgate was the missing link.

I'm campaigning to get east Airdrie an EH post code before I sell the house. Caldercruix will be the new Morningside.

Is it only Scotland where we have intense debates on amorphous regional boundaries?  Is there a Welsh league forum where their fans debate whether Pontypool is part of Greater Carmarthanshire or part of the wider Glamorgan metropolitan area?

32 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Glasburgh already exists. The Airdrie to Bathgate was the missing link.

I'm campaigning to get east Airdrie an EH post code before I sell the house. Caldercruix will be the new Morningside.

Airdrie can be EH1488 then.

25 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

Is it only Scotland where we have intense debates on amorphous regional boundaries?  Is there a Welsh league forum where their fans debate whether Pontypool is part of Greater Carmarthanshire or part of the wider Glamorgan metropolitan area?

America a bit, Appalachian/MidWest both pretty contested designations. When I was in Colombia there was a campaign to get a new region, Orinoquia, recognised. 

43 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

Have you perchance viewed, say, the entirety of human history?

Edited by Thumper