G'Day! Ange's Gap Year Celtic Euro Backpacking Tour 2021/22.

16 hours ago, DavieCFC said:

So Feyenoord, Atletico, Lazio it is.

About as good a draw as we're going to get, lets hope we can be more competitive this time.

Scottish flag bearers in CL 23/24.

Yes chance to do better than last year. Minimum requirements must be 3rd spot.

But expect top 3 pot seeds to share the points out so could be a chance to grab the limelight. Home wins required.

You would have handpicked Feyenoord from Pot 1.

Pot 2 is always tough, arguably never getting an easy one there but Leipzig or Porto may have been kinder.

Pot 3 Lazio is about middle of the road, you'd want to avoid PSV and Milan but may have preferred Copenhagen or Braga.

I'm sure last year I thought the same though as Leipzig and Shaktar were the 2 you'd have chosen from their pots and even Real who always give up points in the group stages unlike say City, Bayern or PSG who steamroll theirs.

Celtic have a bigger budget than Feyenoord and Lazio's is greater but not by a great deal so they have to be competitive in this group. Finishing last with 5-6pts wouldn't be a disaster as that would show you have challenged.

1 hour ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Some interesting positional allocations there...

Also: Mikey Johnston currently doing bicep curls to prepare for carrying the water bottles.

Would’ve preferred they stuck bernabie in as cover instead of him, absolutely pointless putting him in there. 

Bernabei binned from it? Given how shite Taylor has been it's pretty ballsy from Brendan but I get why given how much of a knob he has been. Sends the right message to the rest too. Mikey Johnston's clearly in for the homegrown quota and nothing else.

We're getting humped aren't we?

13 hours ago, Drew Brees said:

Utrecht, Almere and Heerenveen are pish anyway, doubt they’ll score 4 in the 1st half.  

I would imagine they're considerably better than just about anyone in the Scottish top flight outside the Old Firm. But I'm sure Brendan won't make the same mistake Stein made and fatally underestimate Feyenoord. It's a 2-1 Celtic win for me .