G'Day! Ange's Gap Year Celtic Euro Backpacking Tour 2021/22.

28 minutes ago, Jacky1990 said:

Is that 10 years now since Celtic's last group stage win?

10 years at home. Beat Anderlecht away under Rodgers in 2017.

Weird feeling tonight. Really quite proud of the performance overall. I feared a scudding, but we played well tonight - particularly the first half where I thought we were terrific. Knocked it about well and really pressed them. They’re a brilliant team and we basically have no bench, so the second half was always going to pan out that way. Overall a draw with Atletico Madrid can only be considered a good result, but in the context of the group it’s a wee bit frustrating. The earlier games biting us in the arse.

First half we were brilliant, best I’ve seen us in Europe for a while, our first goal was outstanding. Athletico clearly were very good, Griezmann is quality and Llorente also quality.

We just didn’t start the 2nd half well, Taylor’s decision making poor for the 2nd goals, the change of shape just didn’t work and the Forrest for Kyogo change was a bit odd. 

Really needed a win however the positive was a really positive performance against a top drawer side.

Edited by Jinky67

5 hours ago, Molotov said:

Billy Abercromby famously received 3 red cards against Motherwell. One for foul play and the other two for dissent. Turns out that the final card was actually dissent by Ian Ferguson but the ref thought it was Aber. 

Davie Bowman got 5 red cards in one game. Yer man Aber has a long way to go.

8 hours ago, ClydeTon said:

The crowd reactions behind the goal were funny.

*Waving scarves, holding Palestine flags*

(Hart saves)

*Brief celebration, instantly freezing*

(Griezmann Scores)

*Flags fall to the ground, hands on heads, a mass show of despair on their faces.*

Celtic 😂

ETA - That took so long to type they scored again. So, here's my reaction:

F**K!

😂

11 hours ago, kingjoey said:

Simone giving Brendan a "whatever" glance when Brendan tried to shake his hand.

Simeone doesn’t shake hands with opposition managers after a game, I remember the hullabaloo after he completely snubbed Klopp, Rodgers should be happy he at least got a slap on the hand.  

11 hours ago, Melanius Mullarkay said:

Do Celtic really have a Japanese fleg on the back of their shirt? 

Talk about an identity crisis.

No, no they don’t.

We must’ve been having a decent night when you have to stoop to this level. 

Was expecting a pumping but we were surprisingly decent at times last night. I think fitness wise we toiled after an hour but the sending off got the crowd and players a bit back in to life. Switching to a back 3 allowed us to have more possession but Taylor just isn't capable of operating as a an out and out wing back at this level. Going ahead the point keeps us in discussion for the Europa at least. 

33 minutes ago, gannonball said:

Going ahead the point keeps us in discussion for the Europa at least. 

I think that will be pretty tough given that Feyenoord beat Lazio which I reckon was probably the worst result possible for Celtic given your remaining fixtures.

With away games to Atletico and Lazio ahead of your home match against Feyenoord, you'll probably need to avoid defeat in both those away games to have a shot, I reckon.

44 minutes ago, Drew Brees said:

Simeone doesn’t shake hands with opposition managers after a game, I remember the hullabaloo after he completely snubbed Klopp, Rodgers should be happy he at least got a slap on the hand.  

Simone acted like a kunt last night.

36 minutes ago, AJF said:

I think that will be pretty tough given that Feyenoord beat Lazio which I reckon was probably the worst result possible for Celtic given your remaining fixtures.

With away games to Atletico and Lazio ahead of your home match against Feyenoord, you'll probably need to avoid defeat in both those away games to have a shot, I reckon.

Yeah like I say still in the discussion but if your asking me if we will we probs won't.