G'Day! Ange's Gap Year Celtic Euro Backpacking Tour 2021/22.

16 minutes ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

Looking from the outside I think that last night showed that minus Maeda Celtic have very little pace or physical presence in the forward areas - you can get away with that in mediocre league in Scotland, but not at the top level in Europe.

They also have a number of players who have been getting smoke blown up their arse by the Scottish fitba media but who turn out to be alarmingly ordinary against quality opposition.

So another year of 'win the league, rinsed in Europe, and repeat'.

Every Cetlic player IMO, not just a number of them.  

13 minutes ago, AJF said:

What is it about then if it's not about results?

And I haven't said Celtic should sack Rodgers based on European results, I am asking why you'd be against parking the bus if it meant you may potentially pick up more points in the CL?

The Celtic way is an identity and successful, nothing is guaranteed, parking the bus and still getting beat is a diddy mentality.

25 minutes ago, AJF said:

What is it about then if it's not about results?

And I haven't said Celtic should sack Rodgers based on European results, I am asking why you'd be against parking the bus if it meant you may potentially pick up more points in the CL?

Football fans are fickle as anything and will support their 'strategy' just as they will their team against anything.

If Celtic were sh*tfesting to draws and wins in Europe against better teams and going deeper in these tournaments they absolutely would take it and embrace it and phrase it as it is what they need to do and there would be nothing wrong with that. However they are getting pumped with a 'footballing  philosophy' but embrace that as the way to play.

Celtic fans reminisce about beating Barcelona in 2012 (Tony Watt goal) I believe they had about 16% possession and 3 shots on goal. Will fans really remember the 3-0 Real Madrid loss in 20yrs time because they played in a certain manner?????

4 minutes ago, willywastecoat said:

The Celtic way is an identity and successful, nothing is guaranteed, parking the bus and still getting beat is a diddy mentality.

You still don't realise that you are the diddy at this level.

Aww Reaction GIF by CBS

11 minutes ago, ahemps said:

Football fans are fickle as anything and will support their 'strategy' just as they will their team against anything.

If Celtic were sh*tfesting to draws and wins in Europe against better teams and going deeper in these tournaments they absolutely would take it and embrace it and phrase it as it is what they need to do and there would be nothing wrong with that. However they are getting pumped with a 'footballing  philosophy' but embrace that as the way to play.

Celtic fans reminisce about beating Barcelona in 2012 (Tony Watt goal) I believe they had about 16% possession and 3 shots on goal. Will fans really remember the 3-0 Real Madrid loss in 20yrs time because they played in a certain manner?????

Only if results matter more than the way you play the game.

15 minutes ago, willywastecoat said:

The Celtic way is an identity and successful

It's not successful in Europe, which is the point you are ignoring.

Walter Smith played some of the most eye-bleeding football I can remember in his second spell in charge at Rangers but it got us to a European final as a result. To suggest that you'd turn your nose up at that because the football wouldn't be played the "Celtic Way" is ridiculous.

3 minutes ago, AJF said:

It's not successful in Europe, which is the point you are ignoring.

Walter Smith played some of the most eye-bleeding football I can remember in his second spell in charge at Rangers but it got us to a European final as a result. To suggest that you'd turn your nose up at that because the football wouldn't be played the "Celtic Way" is ridiculous.

You still lost in the final so the eye-bleeding football was for nothing M8.
The Seville journey was more impressive,without going all Frank sinatra we do it our way.

1 hour ago, willywastecoat said:

So the 2-2 was a fluke?

No, it was the exception rather than the rule, and had Atletico retained eleven on the park they may well have won it.

Celtic currently have one point from a possible twelve, which may well soon become eighteen, but you ignore my wider points and cling to hope in the face of facts.

1 minute ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

No, it was the exception rather than the rule, and had Atletico retained eleven on the park they may well have won it.

Celtic currently have one point from a possible twelve, which may well soon become eighteen, but you ignore my wider points and cling to hope in the face of facts.

Like I said results have no effect or affect on Celtic going forward.

38 minutes ago, willywastecoat said:

Only if results matter more than the way you play the game.

In 5yrs time your fans won't remember your glorious 3-0 defeat to Real Madrid, they will still remember the 2-1 Barcelona victory that was backs to the wall.

Results trump any footballing philosophy.

Just now, ahemps said:

In 5yrs time your fans won't remember your glorious 3-0 defeat to Real Madrid, they will still remember the 2-1 Barcelona victory that was backs to the wall.

Results trump any footballing philosophy.

Only the result of the final matters M8,Juve,Ac Milan,Barcelona,Man UTD,Liverpool are all good scalps it's time we started getting them again.