G'Day! Ange's Gap Year Celtic Euro Backpacking Tour 2021/22.

22 minutes ago, gannonball said:

With all due respect I will take McGregor's word over whether he was approached over yours tbh.

ETA- In fact I'm pretty sure I have pulled you up about this his before. Bit of strange thing to be lying about tbh.

If an official bid was made then apologies - I genuinely didn’t know that.

31 minutes ago, RuMoore said:

Tbf to Zorro I don't think the idea he's not moved means he's not good enough. I definitely don't think he would make it at a top prem club but he could have probably done alright at some middle tier prem team. He's certainly off this season for celtc though which like most issues you're having I'd guess is down to the change of style.

That's a fair enough point. If it was someone like Forrest I would have no issue really as his inconsistency and not kicking meant he would have little  interest from further afield. McGregor is a bit different though, wasn't seen as the next big thing and has quietly got better year on year pretty much throughout his career. 

9 hours ago, Ewanandmoreagain said:

Sorry if this has been mentioned already but their first goal the free kick went through the space where their two players had been ?

Crossed my mind last night, should the goal have been disallowed? Feyenoord players were within one metre of the wall.

2 minutes ago, Lurkst said:

Crossed my mind last night, should the goal have been disallowed? Feyenoord players were within one metre of the wall.

A fair point. It's annoyingly one of those rules that never seem to get enforced though and is blatantly ignored as a tactic to create a gap.

13 hours ago, willywastecoat said:

I don't buy the excuse St Brendan is spinning, with Hatate not up to speed Turnbull has been playing yet he brings on Holm to get sent off and blames it on inexperience.

What excuse is that? Turnbull and Holm are totally different types of midfielders.

On 21/09/2023 at 10:21, gannonball said:

What excuse is that? Turnbull and Holm are totally different types of midfielders.

I wasn't comparing players M8,we know Hatate isn't up to speed and needs games, to start him in this game was a mistake for me.
Turnbull has more experience at this level yet he choose to go with Holm,so for me a double doun.
We need our best players playing at this level which Hatate is but not on current form.

• 2 weeks later...

Big game tonight for this squad one we must try to get some points on the board. 
Sarri in his presser said our game against Feyenoord we deserved much more. I thought prior to the red cards we looked dangerous and took the game to them. 
Up and at them from the beginning, hopefully get the first goal and build on that. 

26 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Given Lazio's start in the league and the fact that its at Parkhead, Celtic really need a result if they have ambitions of progression or even 3rd. Therefore, tonight would be a very, very humorous defeat. Make it so.  

I had a front row seat for their scum fans at the last game. A night of nazi salutes and monkey chants. Scummiest fans I’ve ever witnessed at Celtic Park. f**k the lot of them. MTH

Edited by Drew Brees