G'Day! Ange's Gap Year Celtic Euro Backpacking Tour 2021/22.

28 minutes ago, AJF said:

Nobody is arguing otherwise. Yes, you can afford to spend it, but that still means you have an advantage over all of the other clubs due to the spending power you have and the investment in players you've made this season. That is irrefutable.

We spent £5 million last season on a goalkeeper who doesn’t goal keep and £5 million on a striker who doesn’t strike. It’s alright having it - it’s not wasting it that’s the tricky part.

2 minutes ago, Henrik's tongue said:

We spent £5 million last season on a goalkeeper who doesn’t goal keep and £5 million on a striker who doesn’t strike. It’s alright having it - it’s not wasting it that’s the tricky part.

Aye, this is also true. Seems like Ange has had a good hit rate on his signings thus far.

Presumably Taylor and Starfelt will be dropped for the second leg?  They were like Deers caught in headlights last night.  Utter horseshit.  That level is above the pair of them IMO.

3 hours ago, AJF said:

But what you have spent, is more than every other club in the league. Just because you have cash in the bank doesn't mean it's not an advantage.

You have to put the spend into context also. We had a considerable number of our first team players leaving either permanently or coming to the end of loans.

You also have to spend it well 

1 hour ago, TheScarf said:

Presumably Taylor and Starfelt will be dropped for the second leg?  They were like Deers caught in headlights last night.  Utter horseshit.  That level is above the pair of them IMO.

I’d replace Taylor anyway but that’s just my opinion. Starfelt is more difficult as the choice is Welsh or a nowhere near fit enough Julien so probably we need to stick  with the devil we know.

3 hours ago, Jinky67 said:

I’d replace Taylor anyway but that’s just my opinion. Starfelt is more difficult as the choice is Welsh or a nowhere near fit enough Julien so probably we need to stick  with the devil we know.

Welsh not a star of the future ?

He is actually Scottish !

The defeats in Europe have been all different the players and Ange learn more from them,to see where we are and what we can and can't do.
Our best performances have came away from home in Germany and Spain,that 3rd goal last night probably puts it beyond Celtic but you never know.
Celtic were left short in Germany against a quality side,in Spain it was a bit naive and early for this group of players.
Last night we all know Celtic can play better and cause Bodo problems,Bodo will also be better for this game.
I disagree with you and Jinky on the midfield three, I think McGregor is wasted in the number 6 role much prefer him in the Turnbull role.
Which means Bitton,McGregor and Hatate for next week if fit,the balance wasn't right last night and it effected the front three this for me is why we lost the game.

I have no qualms with CalMac playing higher up the pitch, he’s a very versatile midfielder, can start attacks just as easily as he can break them down.
Bitton has also been good lately at taking the ball off the defence and linking play.
The only issue with playing them both is you kinda limited the wide attacking options.
It’s a good dilemma to have and you may well see them both depending on how the game and opponent.

14 hours ago, Greenlantern said:

The only issue with playing them both is you kinda limited the wide attacking options.

What makes you think that would be interested on your take?
There is a debate to be had we don't need a holding midfielder in domestic games, Bitton is the best player at the club in that position.
Like you said it's different in Europe where there is more of a need to have one.
For me I look at the away game in Germany and Hungary  Bitton, McGregor and Turnbull were the three that started and should be the base going forward.
Hatate coming in maybe has changed that and gives Celtic better options O'Reilly is also pushing for his place.

Edited by wastecoatwilly

I dont think O'Reilly or Rogic should start in same team ever. I was surprised when I seen that. 

Defeats like that will happen though. A few managers have suffered a bad defeat in europe early on, Basel springs to mind. Main thing is we learn from it.

Id play Scales instead of Taylor from now on, we are a bit lightweight over the team and he would add some strength also.

Edited by BigDoddyKane

What makes you think that would be interested on your take?
There is a debate to be had we don't need a holding midfielder in domestic games, Bitton is the best player at the club in that position.
Like you said it's different in Europe where there is more of a need to have one.
For me I look at the away game in Germany and Hungary  Bitton, McGregor and Turnbull were the three that started and should be the base going forward.
Hatate coming in maybe has changed that and gives Celtic better options O'Reilly is also pushing for his place.

Hawd the bus, you replied to my post saying you disagree, I give you an explanation and you say you’re not interested? Is that what’s happening here?

1 hour ago, Greenlantern said:

Hawd the bus, you replied to my post saying you disagree, I give you an explanation and you say you’re not interested? Is that what’s happening here?

No, I'm interested Why you think it limits the wide attacking options M8?
With playing Bitton,McGregor and Hatate rather than Jinky and your option  playing McGregor,Hatate and O'Reilly?

On 20/02/2022 at 12:03, wastecoatwilly said:

No, I'm interested Why you think it limits the wide attacking options M8?
With playing Bitton,McGregor and Hatate rather than Jinky and your option  playing McGregor,Hatate and O'Reilly?

With us needing to win I imagine it will be a Cal/Hatate/Rogic to start. Big GG with Jota and Abada up top

We have been flat since aberdeen game, maybe we needed a wake up call like last Thursday. It might be too late for tonight but hopefully they realise and refocus from now on in regards the league, anything tonight is a bonus.

Start with Calmac, Hatate and Rogic and replace Rogic by O'Riley