Scots on the move

I really hope the move helps Turnbull kick on, there's a good squad being built at Cardiff and they try and play. I think he's a good player, and we all know that he can hit the net from range, however for becoming one of the nations top players, I can't help but think his lack of pace holds him back a bit. Likeable lad that scores worldies, like what he does with the ball and my fingers are crossed for him as I do think he could be an asset for Scotland.

1 hour ago, The Moonster said:

Is the English Championship more physical than the Scottish Premiership?

It’s renowned as being “athletic” and every player that moves down there says that very thing. It isn’t as much a step up in technical ability, but in athleticism. 

Hopefully a good move for Turnbull, as has been mentioned the Championship doesn't seem like the best place for him but in the right set up hopefully he'll flourish with regular games. He's a bit different from any of the other centre or attacking midfielders we have so wouldn't hurt to have him more seriously in contention. 

50 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

It’s renowned as being “athletic” and every player that moves down there says that very thing. It isn’t as much a step up in technical ability, but in athleticism. 

I've no idea what Cardiffs squad is like but Turnbull is excellent on the ball and he'll get a bit more time with the ball in that league I'd imagine. If guys like Tom Cairney can star at that level so can Turnbull. 

• 3 months later...
11 minutes ago, Pie Of The Month said:

Now we're into June it's time to get this back to the top of the forum. Armstrong linked with Fulham and Fiorentina.

Would like to see him at  Serie A, think he would do really well there 

1 hour ago, Butters Scotch said:

Would like to see him at  Serie A, think he would do really well there 

The cynic in me is wondering if that's also partly because you have a subscription to watch Italian football and Ferguson. 

Posted (edited)

Cooper, Jack and Adams's contacts running out.

Cooper and Jack are being released but I can see Adams staying with Southampton.

Tottenham, Manchester United, Bayer Leverkusen, Bologna and Como interested In Celtic's 18 year old midfielder Daniel Kelly.

Hope this one is a goer. Old Firm don't give a chance to young Scots.

Oh. McBurnie is leaving Sheffield United, too, on a Bosman.

Edited by SlayerX

Posted (edited)

McCrorie to leave Rangers once contract expires in 12 months, Stuart Armstrong to leave Southampton and Josh Adams to leave Manchester City.

Three of their contracts running out.

Apparently, Rangers have offered a contract to Connor Barron. But face competition from Cagliari, Sassuolo, Bournemouth and Celtic.

(It'll now be Che Adams, Armstrong, Collins and Jack all without clubs come the Euros.)

Edited by SlayerX

The Ramsay move to Wigan is so important. A really good loan and he *might* have a chance at Liverpool, a decent loan and he might have a chance at an English Championship club, a poor loan and his only real option is probably coming back to Scotland. He has bags and bags of talent so I really hope it works out for him. There's an alternate timeline out there where he is going to the Euro as our first choice right wing back.

14 hours ago, SlayerX said:

Scott McKenna to leave Nottingham Forest on a free.

Sure someone on BBC Sportsound mentioned recently that there was interest from Celtic. May have been speculation or someone like Paddy Bonner putting 2+2 together though.

16 minutes ago, albagubrath said:

The Ramsay move to Wigan is so important. A really good loan and he *might* have a chance at Liverpool, a decent loan and he might have a chance at an English Championship club, a poor loan and his only real option is probably coming back to Scotland. He has bags and bags of talent so I really hope it works out for him. There's an alternate timeline out there where he is going to the Euro as our first choice right wing back.

Absolutely this. I went to watch Preston v WBA and couldn't believe how poor he was, looked a shadow of the player we saw at Aberdeen. I really hope things work out for him very very soon but fear he could be another that we had high hopes for only to fizz out.

5 hours ago, albagubrath said:

He's done at Liverpool unless he is the Cafu of League 1 in his year with Wigan. He'll be 21 when he goes back there and I don't really see a road back towards the first time at that stage. Best case scenario is that he has a really good season and ends up in the Championship or at a push the bottom end of the Premier League the following year, either on loan again or permanently.