Bill Cosby freed

9 minutes ago, Thorongil said:

You told me my viewpoint was wrong, on an entirely subjective point. What are your credentials?

The conviction has been overturned, and Cosby is now classed as an innocent person. You were happy to accept the verdict of the court previously. Why not now?

What are my credentials on whether words carry the power to hurt people and cause harm?

Seriously?

Like I said on that thread, away back to the shallow end. That's plenty.

3 minutes ago, GordonS said:

What are my credentials on whether words carry the power to hurt people and cause harm?

Seriously?

Like I said on that thread, away back to the shallow end. That's plenty.

What are your credentials for telling me I’m wrong not to care about some gendered pejoratives even though I choose not to use them myself?

and can you address the examples I gave you of pejoratives directed at men that you avoided? For convenience, things like “he must have a small dick” and “small man syndrome”. 

Edited by Thorongil

1 hour ago, Thorongil said:

We aren’t allowed an opinion on his legal status. That is determined by the court. 

You were happy to accept the court’s verdict when it suited you, but not now. Funny that. 

I’ll share my credentials when you provide yours, as I asked.

Ive investigated countless sex crimes, met countless victims, met hundreds of sex offenders and feel quite comfortable saying Cosby is guilty as f**k. 
He wasnt found innocent in a trial, he was found guilty and was released on a technicality. He spent a fortune on an army of lawyers and gamed the system. 

Edited by Inanimate Carbon Rod

He apparently incriminated himself in a previous trial but was told by the prosecutor that he wouldn't be charged for some reason. The new prosecutor ignored this and decided to charge him. This is how he was freed. Judge didn't say he was inocent just that he should never have been prosecuted and as a result he can not be retried.

30 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Ive investigated countless sex crimes, met countless victims, met hundreds of sex offenders and feel quite comfortable saying Cosby is guilty as f**k. 
He wasnt found innocent in a trial, he was found guilty and was released on a technicality. He spent a fortune on an army of lawyers and gamed the system. 

His conviction was overturned. People don’t have to like it, but they should respect it or it rings somewhat hollow when they celebrate the verdicts they do like.