The Premiere Division 2021-22

26 minutes ago, mojmeister said:

Camelon Musselburgh game abandoned after 25 minutes or so. Parts of the pitch underwater. Further torrential downpour continuing in Falkirk right now. Referee clearly made the right decision. Shaping up to be a right good game too. Pity.

Town centre was horrendous yet no where near as bad in polmont 

6 minutes ago, Blowin In the Wind said:

Weather was decent in Broxburn.  Could have done with the game being abandoned though 😊.

Tranent full value for their win.

Aye I saw the video on ur twitter. It was horrendous in camelon and falkirk Town. But was alright further east u got or west seem to be right down the middle 

3 minutes ago, Krul and The Gang said:

Tranent looked very good tonight if they were 4 or 5 up at half time instead of just the one don’t think anyone would have said it was undeserved.

Skipp and Jamie Docherty ran the show and the game died a bit when they made all the subs after going 3 up. 

New arrivals certainly seem to have hit the ground running, boys have been playing some great football in the games I've caught so far this season.

Match abandoned at Sauchie with 7 minutes remaining, Sauchie 3-2 ahead but down to 10 men. Thunder and lightening followed by torrential rain quickly turned the pitch into a swimming pool. Horrendous conditions.

8 hours ago, Ginaro said:

He's been on Twitter asking clubs (see the top of the thread below), though did seem to be ignoring a few folk who had sent in figures - wants perfection but he might have trouble with that unless he starts contacting the clubs via FB/email/phone or using headcounts from punters. Hopefully the LL/EOS can remind their clubs at their next meeting to send him the numbers.

He was asked if he would share the numbers, like David did on here, but wants to check with the clubs - as if it's some top secret confidential information :blink: - a bit strange, we can already see some of the numbers that various clubs have sent him publicly on Twitter.

Linlithgow for example are 260 (midweek) and 340 for their opening games, not far off their 360 average in 19/20 (attendance thread)

Syngenta said they got 140 against Pumpherston midweek which is good going.

Hi, my name is Ryan, just to clear up some of the questions.

As most of you know David has stepped back (hopefully not for too long) and I offered to keep the attendances for the East of Scotland Premier, Div 1 league A, B and X as well as the lowland league, and all the cups in the East.

I have collected the goal scorers for the above leagues in their various names for the last few years and most of you know I am writing a history book about Musselburgh Athletic 

On the attendances: I have tried to be as polite as possible when asking clubs for this info. I realise some clubs have very little time and helpers with all the covid stuff thrown in the last thing they need is an arse phoning them up 2 minutes after the game asking for info.

Having said that, it would be great to get 100% of the attendances. Until tonights (tuesdays) games we had 89 of the 108 games played with confirmed numbers - over 12,000 attending.

Just to answer a few of the points made:

I have been talking to pretty much every club and they try their best to post or text numbers.

There was a post about ignoring responses, as far as I am aware I have answered every tweet or Facebook post that has tagged me and replied with a thank you, if any have been ignored it certainly wasn't intended. I do try to respond to every single post or comment as politely and clearly as I can

The post about the information being published on here or some weekly update that was mentioned on twitter: In order to stay on the right side of the Association and the clubs, I have asked that permission be given/oked at the next EOS and Lowland meeting. A simple 'does anyone have any problem with that' question should be enough. It is just me double checking/being polite rather than finding out 1 or 2 aren't happy. As was posted above quiet a few clubs are posting the info on twitter which shows that clubs are happy and it shouldn't be a problem

The post about the info being top secret or confidential - I think the answer above covers that. Some clubs are posting it. Some aren't. I was just being overly careful not to get on the wrong side of them.

Many of the 77 (i think) clubs send direct messages and I check all their twitter posts, Facebook and websites to check for the info before sending out a tweet with the clubs needed tagged. 

I hope to obviously share the information with you all and also plan to compile a report to present to the clubs and associations on ways to maximise attendances at grounds based on the figures. 

The information is collected on 10 writing pads and after every set of fixtures fed into a basic excel spreadsheet. The pads are back up in case anything happens to the spreadsheet!

I hope that helps with everything. I do intend to hand everything back to David on his return but should also add i welcome anyone who wishes to do headcounts at games be it supporters or club officials. Everyone is shooting towards the same goal of having this info complete and accurate.

Finally, if you have any questions, ideas or just want any info for programmes etc feel free to contact me. I do have a full time job and 2 beautiful kids but always try to respond ASAP. 

Ryan Kelly on Facebook

@ryanmusselburgh on twitter

07541355622 via text.

All the best

David didn't ask for permission to publish the numbers, nobody had any issues, he just tweeted out the info on a weekly basis and that in itself encouraged clubs to provide figures where there were gaps.

The information isn't confidential, most are just headcounts.

Anyway, good to see someone is continuing David's good work.

Edited by Burnieman

1 hour ago, Burnieman said:

David didn't ask for permission to publish the numbers, nobody had any issues, he just tweeted out the info on a weekly basis and that in itself encouraged clubs to provide figures where there were gaps.

The information isn't confidential, most are just headcounts.

Anyway, good to see someone is continuing David's good work.

I understand that and maybe over the top caution from me. 

15 hours ago, Burnieman said:

Bit of sand and good to go.......20210727_211602.jpeg

"Game has gone soft" etc.

E7VFvGcXoAEqb0N?format=jpg&name=small

They say lightening doesn't strike twice but wasn't a game between Blackburn and Sauchie also abandoned late on ~18 months ago, also with Sauchie leading, due to icing on the pitch?

"Game has gone soft" etc.

E7VFvGcXoAEqb0N?format=jpg%26name=small&key=6df0c67bb8dbac41863f10d4726acc35cea095900882841579233b7e9565d867

They say lightening doesn't strike twice but wasn't a game between Blackburn and Sauchie also abandoned late on ~18 months ago, also with Sauchie leading, due to icing on the pitch?
Feb 2020, abandoned due to snow in Blackburn. A bad weather fixture....

Tuesday 27th July 2021
Broxburn Athletic 1-3 Tranent
Camelon A-A Musselburgh Athletic
Hill of Beath Hawthorn 1-6 Tynecastle
Sauchie A-A Blackburn United

Wednesday 28th July 2021
Crossgates Primrose 2-0 Newtongrange Star
Dundonald Bluebell 2-2 Linlithgow Rose
Inverkeithing Hillfield Swifts 1-3 Penicuik Athletic
Jeanfield Swifts 4-0 Whitehill Welfare
Lothian Thistle HV 1-3 Dunbar United

Penicuik and Tranent steamed ahead.

Camelon and Sauchie bailed water while Whitehill and HofB shipped goals.

793546570_EPJul17.JPG.4b5fa3e33d771b119209d19011e16280.JPG

On 27/07/2021 at 16:02, Ginaro said:

He's been on Twitter asking clubs (see the top of the thread below), though did seem to be ignoring a few folk who had sent in figures - wants perfection but he might have trouble with that unless he starts contacting the clubs via FB/email/phone or using headcounts from punters. Hopefully the LL/EOS can remind their clubs at their next meeting to send him the numbers.

He was asked if he would share the numbers, like David did on here, but wants to check with the clubs - as if it's some top secret confidential information :blink: - a bit strange, we can already see some of the numbers that various clubs have sent him publicly on Twitter.

Linlithgow for example are 260 (midweek) and 340 for their opening games, not far off their 360 average in 19/20 (attendance thread)

Syngenta said they got 140 against Pumpherston midweek which is good going.

I note what you say and I see that the guy has responded to you today. I also see a response from an Oakley guy providing attendances for 3 of his team’s matches saying that he had previously messaged the stats through twitter.

i would say I have to assume that the Oakley results have somehow been overlooked as I can’t believe or understand why messages would deliberately be ignored. Why take up this huge task over (temporarily) from Handyman if you are then not going to take the stats when offered. Any attendances which are provided by tweets are all thanked for. 

Stats are now up, both on twitter and P&B; which by the looks of things is greatly appreciated by all in the EoS and Lowland set up. 

Hope any teething issues get sorted as it must be a lot of hard work getting all the figures in and will take a lot of ‘spare time’ for the guy. 

25 minutes ago, Casey Jones said:

I note what you say and I see that the guy has responded to you today. I also see a response from an Oakley guy providing attendances for 3 of his team’s matches saying that he had previously messaged the stats through twitter.

i would say I have to assume that the Oakley results have somehow been overlooked as I can’t believe or understand why messages would deliberately be ignored. Why take up this huge task over (temporarily) from Handyman if you are then not going to take the stats when offered. Any attendances which are provided by tweets are all thanked for. 

Stats are now up, both on twitter and P&B; which by the looks of things is greatly appreciated by all in the EoS and Lowland set up. 

Hope any teething issues get sorted as it must be a lot of hard work getting all the figures in and will take a lot of ‘spare time’ for the guy. 

Hi Casey and thanks for positive post.

Can you help me out, I can't see the Oakley post that you refer to, Ginaro posted about ignoring a response and I genuinely can't see the Oakley comment! 

I need their attendances so the last thing I would want to do is miss them. Cheers if anyone can solve this?

Just editing this as I have seen the post on the attendances thread! I can't see his posts on twitter but will ensure the numbers are recorded

Cheers Ryan

Edited by The Faceman
Found information