The Premiere Division 2021-22

3 minutes ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

Newtongrange vs camelon next week. If we win we would be a point behind them with 2 games in hand

Alan, I could be so wrong in my thinking. Lots of permutations and each of us could come up with different outcomes. Brilliant result of Nitten away to Jeanfield, but last weekend they got beat at home against Sauchie. If Nitten hadva choice, they would rather have beaten Sauchie as they were a relegation rival. Two wins and look how far up league Sauchie have improved. 

Thing is, most clubs have not got many catch up matching that they can rely on. Still a lot to play for for most clubs, except WW who I think are now doomed. 

The relegation positions will go to the wire, and it's not helped with not knowing if fifth bottom will go down either.  Could be a case of having to wait to find out your fate, not ideal but it is what it is.

Dundonald were the better team in the first half today with the wind advantage (which held the ball up to an extent if it was launched high) but we went in level. Blackburn started the better team in the second, went ahead on the hour mark before Bluebell were reduced to 10 men shortly after. There was only going to be one winner from then on and another three were added in the last 15 minutes.  Quite possibly our first win at Moorside Park.

5 hours ago, Ginaro said:

Surely no escape for Whitehill, they have games against Linlithgow and Crossgates so really only four to realistically get wins from. That would take them to 30 with the worst goal difference while those below have 10 games to score 5 points.

WW have been gone for a while. 

As has been pointed out it might be a great chase for 5th bottom (which might no even be good enough).  

Quite a few "meaningless" games ahead for many teams so you never know how results will swing. 

Biggest winners for me over the weekend were LTHV although Nitten might claim result of the week. 

31 minutes ago, Crow said:

Until its mathematically impossible I'm no giving up. Nitten looked doomed only aboot 3 weeksago. 

Hate to say we told you so. 

Jeez you mustve stalked the archives for that quote. :lol:

Everyone at the club knew it was gonnae be a difficult season.

Still I suppose it's no happened yet so the maths are still doable :thumsup2

On 02/02/2022 at 10:49, grinderbrokeyourhearts said:

Tbh this is only fair as Pollok are in the middle of putting up their lights.

Talbot are licensed already I think.

As a Linlithgow fan if we won the league I wouldnt want to go up on a technicality, I’m sure I speak for a Tranent and Penicuik fans too that the playoffs would be huge occasions we wouldn’t want to miss.

All that said it’s a nonsense they exist!

I can't see past Talbot winning the WoS Premier now with their games in hand and the fact they beat Pollok yesterday.

2 hours ago, LongTimeLurker said:

The lingering question mark is how much they actually want to move up to the LL and in all likelihood lose SJC access in the process but the word has consistently been that they are in it to win it so they are not behaving like Brora did.

I didn't know they'd lose their junior Cup place if go up. I thought sjfa were all inclusive 

20 minutes ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

I didn't know they'd lose their junior Cup place if go up. I thought sjfa were all inclusive 

Current rules only allow participants from the SJFA leagues, EoSFL, and WoSFL. They've changed the rules multiple times now so it's not that big a factor.

The bigger issue is that the Lowland League won't have the same flexibility for scheduling that would ultimately prevent them from continuing.

Saturday 19th February 2022
Blackburn United v Sauchie
Dunbar United v Jeanfield Swifts
Inverkeithing Hillfield Swifts v Linlithgow Rose (2pm)
Musselburgh Athletic v Lothian Thistle HV
Newtongrange Star v Camelon
Penicuik Athletic v Broxburn Athletic
Tranent v Hill of Beath Hawthorn
Tynecastle v Crossgates Primrose

Blackburn United P-P Sauchie
Dunbar United 0-1 Jeanfield Swifts
Inverkeithing Hillfield Swifts 2-1 Linlithgow Rose
Musselburgh Athletic 3-0 Lothian Thistle HV
Newtongrange Star P-P Camelon
Penicuik Athletic P-P Broxburn Athletic
Tranent 2-2 Hill of Beath Hawthorn
Tynecastle 1-4 Crossgates Primrose

Linlithgow's magnificent winning streak fell and skinned its knees on the artificial turf of Dalgety Bay, while Tranent stumbled at home to a resurgent Hill of Beath who overtake Blackburn and enter safety. Dunbar, LTHV and Tynecastle all lost and still want a couple of wins to settle lingering anxieties.

1440063535_EPJul17.JPG.e2a642f34c19cb534fe720fd2c8a159f.JPG

League games reduce significantly in tempo after next week.

Anybody's game for the title among 3 heavyweights - Penicuik are 2pts behind with 2 games-in-hand, then Tranent 3pts behind with 1 game-in-hand - and may well come down to the last week. Down the other end Whitehill look stuffed, next 4 scrambling with each other, and 6 above them twitching.

Remaining "head-to-heads":

Sat 7th May        Linlithgow Rose v Tranent
Sat 14th May     Penicuik Athletic v Linlithgow Rose      (last day of season)

no date yet          Tranent v Linlithgow Rose

Cowdenbeath's continued reeling-in of Elgin will comfort those who might finish 14th.

Edited by HibeeJibee

Position across tier 6:

East of Scotland League Premier Division (34 games)
image.png.49afb0276fd732ca9a3f71841d80dbb5.png

Linlithgow         9 league games left     South Challenge Cup (R5), EOS Qualifying Cup (QFs), EOS League Cup (sections)
Penicuik          11 league games left     EOS League Cup (sections)
Tranent           10 league games left     South Challenge Cup (R4), EOS Qualifying Cup (QFs), EOS League Cup (sections)

South of Scotland League (24 games)
image.png.4a3c620c622fcd7305d36d999c9f2a11.png

St Cuthbert       6 league games left     Haig Gordon Cup (R1), Potts Cup (R1), Tweedie Cup (QFs), SOS League Cup (sections)
Threave              6 league games left     Cree Lodge Cup (SFs), Haig Gordon Cup (QFs), Potts Cup (R1), SOS League Cup (sections)

West of Scotland League Premier Division (38 games)
image.png.859bbdd586e7c8a43747ac31960b20f2.png

Pollok                 10 league games left     South Challenge Cup (R5), WOS League Cup (R3)
Auchinleck      14 league games left     South Challenge Cup (R4), Junior Cup (QFs)
Darvel               18 league games left     South Challenge Cup (R4), WOS League Cup (R2)

Edited by HibeeJibee

Saturday 26th February 2022
Blackburn United v Penicuik Athletic
Broxburn Athletic v Musselburgh Athletic
Crossgates Primrose v Inverkeithing Hillfield Swifts
Dundonald Bluebell v Newtongrange Star
Hill of Beath Hawthorn v Dunbar United
Jeanfield Swifts v Camelon
Linlithgow Rose v Whitehill Welfare
Lothian Thistle HV v Tranent (3pm)
Sauchie v Tynecastle

3 hours ago, HibeeJibee said:

Saturday 26th February 2022
Blackburn United v Penicuik Athletic
Broxburn Athletic v Musselburgh Athletic
Crossgates Primrose v Inverkeithing Hillfield Swifts
Dundonald Bluebell v Newtongrange Star
Hill of Beath Hawthorn v Dunbar United
Jeanfield Swifts v Camelon
Linlithgow Rose v Whitehill Welfare
Lothian Thistle HV v Tranent (3pm)
Sauchie v Tynecastle

What a chance for Hill of Beath to reel in Dunbar. 

2 hours ago, Crow said:

What a chance for Hill of Beath to reel in Dunbar. 

On 19/02/2022 at 18:35, HibeeJibee said:

Blackburn United P-P Sauchie
Dunbar United 0-1 Jeanfield Swifts
Inverkeithing Hillfield Swifts 2-1 Linlithgow Rose
Musselburgh Athletic 3-0 Lothian Thistle HV
Newtongrange Star P-P Camelon
Penicuik Athletic P-P Broxburn Athletic
Tranent 2-2 Hill of Beath Hawthorn
Tynecastle 1-4 Crossgates Primrose

Linlithgow's magnificent winning streak fell and skinned its knees on the artificial turf of Dalgety Bay, while Tranent stumbled at home to a resurgent Hill of Beath who overtake Blackburn and enter safety. Dunbar, LTHV and Tynecastle all lost and still want a couple of wins to settle lingering anxieties.

1085188114_EPJul17.JPG.e3504edb5fadf2343f1129b1afe04636.JPG

League games reduce significantly in tempo after next week.

Anybody's game for the title among 3 heavyweights - Penicuik are 2pts behind with 2 games-in-hand, then Tranent 3pts behind with 1 game-in-hand - and may well come down to the last week. Down the other end Whitehill look stuffed, next 4 scrambling with each other, and 6 above them twitching.

Remaining "head-to-heads":

Sat 7th May        Linlithgow Rose v Tranent
Sat 14th May     Penicuik Athletic v Linlithgow Rose      (last day of season)

no date yet          Tranent v Linlithgow Rose

Cowdenbeath's continued reeling-in of Elgin will comfort those who might finish 14th.

Something wrong with HOBgoal difference according to what's shown .