Euro 2020 Final - England vs Italy

smpar

Delight for so many reasons I couldn't possibly list right now. 

Was watching this in the pub but was a table of people with strong Scottish accents and England tops on, of course not wearing masks etc when walking about or going for a piss what's that all about? 

7 minutes ago, red23 said:

Delight for so many reasons I couldn't possibly list right now. 

Was watching this in the pub but was a table of people with strong Scottish accents and England tops on, of course not wearing masks etc when walking about or going for a piss what's that all about? 

We call them 'turncoats' red 23.....fair play tae ye.

3 minutes ago, Mr. Brightside said:

As they say in the NFL "defense wins championships." 

Having watched the England v Denmark game on BBC last week, I'm presuming that this refers to basketball.

12 minutes ago, SoloXI said:

Wannae compare finishing positions?

Want to compare populations? Of the 50,000,000 + population nations that see football as their national game, England are about as low as you can go in terms of achievement. The only nation to have petitioned FIFA and UEFA three times citing reasons why all England games should be played at Wembley. 66 was because of “ London infrastructure” best placed to deal with a WC, Euro 96 was petitioned on the basis of controlling hooliganism, and The Euros this year a petition citing COVID as a major reason why all games should be played at Wembley.

No other host nation has ever submitted a petition on those or any other grounds.

You still don’t get it…..we are fully aware of how bad we are. When it’s proven on the pitch, we do not seek out supporters of the opposing side in order to kick shit out of them. England are stuck in this bubble of exceptionalism where even in defeat, there will be some dastardly Johnny Foreigner who has undermined them. In simple terms, you just can’t get over yourselves…….and I guess with all your rich history, that you have settled on Morris Dancing outfits as your national dress, well, it speaks volumes of why you repeatedly try to use football as your true identity. After the quarter final defeat of Germany, the Daily Mirror’s front page headline of “Semi Gods” sums up the English media disease rather well.

Settled on my troll opinion for the weeks ahead now which is "if Big Sam was in charge they'd have shut up shop properly and seen that game out" reckon it'll go down well with the prawn sandwich brigade who retired their waistcoats July 12th 2018

1 minute ago, Hedgecutter said:

Having watched the England v Denmark game on BBC last week, I'm presuming that this refers to basketball.

more to the point....why didnt you pull him up for his American spelling of DEFENCE!

Have to say tho'.....despite having had to forfeit 3 points in the Premier Sports League Cup........

I would have forfeited my clubs further inclusion..............for this result.........well what say ye!!!!!!

16 minutes ago, Raith_Raver said:

I liked Rio Ferdinand's quip about Chiellini - "he has the dark side down to a tee, a fantastic defender"

he recognises himself.

1 minute ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

I've pointed it on another site but the usual apologists saying it's not racist or that it's Russian bots.

Scratch below the surface and there's a lot of that.

I mean, Russian bots? Who knows? Perhaps in the insta comments sections but it certainly doesn't appear that way in a lot of cases on twitter.

Folk claiming though that it's not racist? f**k that - the MILD stuff I've seen in the brief time I've seen people highlighting it is the tons of monkey emojis and telling Saka to f**k off back to Nigeria.

3 minutes ago, TONTROOPER said:

more to the point....why didnt you pull him up for his American spelling of DEFENCE!

Because he said "as they say". 😉

If the evening's events have taught us anything, it's that we need to make more use of (sic).