Tokyo "2020"

Donathan

7 minutes ago, Jambomo said:

It does seem a bit mad they can’t bring and ride their own horse - there’s just not much you can do with a horse that doesn’t want to do something. Seems a bit unfair to be eliminated because your horse can’t be fucked jumping.

I think the event was designed to replicate carrying out a mission behind enemy lines, hence grabbing a random horse to assist you.

9 minutes ago, Lurkst said:

I think the event was designed to replicate carrying out a mission behind enemy lines, hence grabbing a random horse to assist you.

Ahh, interesting I didn’t know that. I guess I can see why you’d have the random horse then.

As someone who looked up what the modern pentathlon is while that was happening, the ancient and modern ones are based on things that soldiers did: 

Modern pentathlon - Wikipedia

Ancient Olympic pentathlon - Wikipedia

The original version was running, javelin, discus, long jump and wrestling. 

13 minutes ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

There has never been an Olympics where no British man/men have managed a single medal in athletics. On course here, 4 x 100 metres seems the last chance.

Josh Kerr from Edinburgh was the third fastest qualifier for the 1500 final, possibility of a bronze there?

28 minutes ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

As someone who looked up what the modern pentathlon is while that was happening, the ancient and modern ones are based on things that soldiers did: 

Modern pentathlon - Wikipedia

Ancient Olympic pentathlon - Wikipedia

The original version was running, javelin, discus, long jump and wrestling. 

I'd quite like a panathlon, competitors have to combine every single event to find out who is really the best. Would be fun to watch then shooting a gun while bouncing a basketball on a horse on a skateboard, off a diving board.

3 minutes ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

I'd quite like a panathlon, competitors have to combine every single event to find out who is really the best. Would be fun to watch then shooting a gun while bouncing a basketball on a horse on a skateboard, off a diving board.

Good idea tbf. Give every country a wildcard entry for one person for each event. Doesn't matter if you need to traverse an entire country in a day to do six different sports, you're doing it.