English Premier League 2021/22 Season

5 hours ago, Theroadlesstravelled said:

Sky saying Poch will take over next summer.

What are they going to do in the mean time?  Give it Carrick and write off the season after 12 games? They might as well kept Ole. He could have got them into the Europa League.

Give the remaining staff turns each.

3 hours ago, Meldrew said:

there is absolutely no way McTominay is a fixture with the new guy, and him being a favourite of Mourinho was more about his ''feud'' with Pogba than the ability one of P & B's tartan darling has.

Right, so just two of two managers who thought he was great and talked him up repeatedly.

But someone on the internet will be right, it's all a feud with a third player 😅

You seem to dislike him because he's a Scottish International - it's strange you post on this forum at all.

2 hours ago, eez-eh said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/59372826

It has also been suggested former United skipper Steve Bruce would be interested in the short-term role following his exit from Newcastle.

Funny Face Reaction GIF

Make it so.

This could be Brucie's big chance to land a late knockout blow in the Bruce v Moyes 'debate'....

2 hours ago, Satoshi said:

Right, so just two of two managers who thought he was great and talked him up repeatedly.

But someone on the internet will be right, it's all a feud with a third player 😅

You seem to dislike him because he's a Scottish International - it's strange you post on this forum at all.

No i dislike him because he's shite,  why do you feel the need to defend him ? is it just because he's Scottish ? Did your maw vote for fat Michelle McManus on pop idol because she was the ''wee scottish lassie'' in among all they English ?

these guys see him every week

https://www.redcafe.net/threads/scott-mctominay-2021-22-performances.464099/page-31

haven't you as a fan with pashun for your team, been annoyed at ''the manager'' when he claimed a player was great ?

But to fit your agenda, 2 managers said he was great, so he's great.

R.gif.70919dabc029495446a325a2212e1e17.gif

Edited by Meldrew

Scott McTominay is absolutely good enough for Man United just now and he’s clearly nowhere near being the biggest issue with their squad. If they want to catch up with, and overtake, Liverpool, City and Chelsea then he’s probably not good enough for that but they’re a long, long way off that just now. 

Edited by oneteaminglasgow

32 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

Scott McTominay is absolutely good enough for Man United just now and he’s clearly nowhere near being the biggest issue with their squad. If they want to catch up with, and overtake, Liverpool, City and Chelsea then he’s probably not good enough for that but they’re a long, long way off that just now. 

The Nigels in the team are a far bigger problem for United than McTominay.  Shaw is a fat ride who ball watches constantly, Maguire is clumsy as fuck when he isn't playing Newcastle or San Marino, and Wan-Bissaka is one of the worst defenders I've ever seen at that level.

1 minute ago, TheScarf said:

The Nigels in the team are a far bigger problem for United than McTominay.  Shaw is a fat ride who ball watches constantly, Maguire is clumsy as f**k when he isn't playing Newcastle or San Marino, and Wan-Bissaka is one of the worst defenders I've ever seen at that level.

maybe football isnt for you.

11 minutes ago, Meldrew said:

neither of them are that great, but only one has come close to winning a major honour

Does this mean that Neil Lennon was a better manager for Celtic than Brendan Rodgers, because he won more major honours?

2 minutes ago, eez-eh said:

Does this mean that Neil Lennon was a better manager for Celtic than Brendan Rodgers, because he won more major honours?

does Moyes winning the LMA's Manager of the Year by taking Everton 8 places higher than the previous guy mean he's a better manager than Sir Walter ?

David Moyes has a long history of turning mediocre teams into good teams, case in point West Ham last year, and Everton in 2004-05.  Steve Bruce is a decent championship calibre manager who is only really good at matching low expectations, Moyes regularly exceeds expectations.  

1 hour ago, Meldrew said:

No i dislike him because he's shite,  why do you feel the need to defend him ? is it just because he's Scottish ? Did your maw vote for fat Michelle McManus on pop idol because she was the ''wee scottish lassie'' in among all they English ?

these guys see him every week

https://www.redcafe.net/threads/scott-mctominay-2021-22-performances.464099/page-31

A lot of the folk that see games every week are almost in tears at the legendary Ole being sacked insisting he was doing a great job and that he just needed more time. They're obviously great judges.

Yesterday was weird. You'd have thought Fergie had retired again instead of a woefully out of his depth manager getting the boot. It's the most vomit inducing sacking I've ever seen.

People being surprised at the social media guy makes me wonder what folk think they actually do. They don't get paid big bucks for just firing out hilarious signing videos and match updates. There's a gif I've seen a couple of times quoting one of the Man Utd financial guys saying that, and I paraphrase, they continually put out transfer stories and so-called rumours because of the online traffic it generates. They are Glazer employees never forget.

26 minutes ago, Meldrew said:

does Moyes winning the LMA's Manager of the Year by taking Everton 8 places higher than the previous guy mean he's a better manager than Sir Walter ?

I'm not sure we really know how good a manager Walter Smith was, he has broadly a similar CV to Neil Lennon in terms of achievements with an OF team, a failure in England. Relative success with Scotland I suppose.