English Premier League 2021/22 Season

Just now, Jacksgranda said:

City made heavy weather of that, but I'm sure they'll not be worried by my opinion, another three points and they march on.

And it’s Chelsea vs Liverpool tomorrow. So one if not both of their main rivals will drop points 

3 minutes ago, Mr. Brightside said:

Are you an Arsenal fan by any chance? You're allowed to celebrate in front of the opposition fans so long as you don't shush them and things like that. Anyone wanting a played sent off for that is OFTW.

You are absolutely not supposed to celebrate like that in front of opposition fans 🤣 If he wasn't booked for removing his shirt he would absolutely be booked for that.

Not an Arsenal fan but would absolutely want to see them beat Man City every single time.

Of course I don't want to see red cards for celebrating goals. The point is the referee was over officious towards one team. Holding was booked for a slight foul on de Bruyne when Rodri and Gundogan made similar fouls where the referee chose not to book them.

Neither were pens for me.

From one angle, the arsenal looks like a pen. From the other, looks like the keeper gets the ball first. The silva one, is where you hear the commentators say “oh, there was contact, he’s entitled to go down” but personally, i don’t think there is enough contact for him to go down. Why zhaka has a hold of his shirt though, i will never know.

3 minutes ago, buchan30 said:

From one angle, the arsenal looks like a pen. From the other, looks like the keeper gets the ball first. The silva one, is where you hear the commentators say “oh, there was contact, he’s entitled to go down” but personally, i don’t think there is enough contact for him to go down. Why zhaka has a hold of his shirt though, i will never know.

Agreed. 

On the game itself, Arsenal were brilliant but can't play like that for 38 games. Man City had to grind that out. Don't think any of the other contenders could have done that.

When is pulling a shirt, by the laws of the game, not a foul? There’s no ambiguity about it. Whether it’s applied consistently is up for debate but it’s just something you shouldn’t do if you’re defending in the box.

Agreed Xhaka is an idiot but Silva is diving before xhaka has touched his shirt so think that infringement should be penalised first. Xhaka grabs his shirt as Silva is falling on top of him so he doesn't impede Silva in any way by the shirt pull. I don't actually know the wording of the laws on this point though. 

2 hours ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:

What does Xhaka even bring to Arsenal other than being a complete liability?

Entertainment value for everyone else. Why does he look so much better when playing for Switzerland?

33 minutes ago, Virtual Insanity said:

Agreed Xhaka is an idiot but Silva is diving before xhaka has touched his shirt so think that infringement should be penalised first. 

Silva is going over Xhaka's knee, which has just taken Silva's ability to complete his stride away from him. Again, a foul and a penalty.