English Premier League 2021/22 Season

51 minutes ago, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

The linesman was 5m away and instantly flagged for a Leeds freekick

Interesting you say that. TV said he flagged for a Wolves free kick. Regardless KF threw in another of his curve ball decisions. He has a whole lot of previous for it. As far as I am aware, linesman cannot recommend cards, only infringements.

55 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Interesting you say that. TV said he flagged for a Wolves free kick. Regardless KF threw in another of his curve ball decisions. He has a whole lot of previous for it. As far as I am aware, linesman cannot recommend cards, only infringements.

No he flagged for a Leeds free kick.

And linesman can advise on whether a foul deserves a card. They can't issue cards and the ref can overrule them.

You also said the ref was 40m away. He was maybe 25m away and up with play for a long ball  imo. Kevin Friend is not a good ref and is wildly inconsistent but you don't need to make up things.

Jiminez put his studs up to block the ball, completely missed it and then put his foot into the keeper's knee and barged right through him. I can't see how it isn't a foul. The keeper subsequnetly had to be subbed off due to an injury from the challenge which puts it clearly in the category of endangering an opponent which is a yellow card.

19 hours ago, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

No he flagged for a Leeds free kick.

And linesman can advise on whether a foul deserves a card. They can't issue cards and the ref can overrule them.

You also said the ref was 40m away. He was maybe 25m away and up with play for a long ball  imo. Kevin Friend is not a good ref and is wildly inconsistent but you don't need to make up things.

Jiminez put his studs up to block the ball, completely missed it and then put his foot into the keeper's knee and barged right through him. I can't see how it isn't a foul. The keeper subsequnetly had to be subbed off due to an injury from the challenge which puts it clearly in the category of endangering an opponent which is a yellow card.

Didn’t make up things. If you have it recorded, he was indeed 40 metres away. Go measure it yourself. In old money, their pitch is 118 yards long. From the edge of the penalty box to the half way line is 41 yards. When the ball, was played up the line, he ŵas 5 or 6 yards inside the Wolves half. So you are saying KF covered 22 yards in a little over 2 seconds. Have a word with yourself. 

27 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Didn’t make up things. If you have it recorded, he was indeed 40 metres away. Go measure it yourself. In old money, their pitch is 118 yards long. From the edge of the penalty box to the half way line is 41 yards. When the ball, was played up the line, he ŵas 5 or 6 yards inside the Wolves half. So you are saying KF covered 22 yards in a little over 2 seconds. Have a word with yourself. 

ref.png.d2340699986715e9ed3da55b8eda4137.pngref2.thumb.png.e11775a8a993771ebebcc549945cb69e.png

I was being generous. 28m

On 13/03/2022 at 18:37, sergie's no1 fan said:

Ian Crocker ruining 'the moment' with his shit commentary.

That’s twice now Crocker hasn’t been able to think of something to say after a big goal goes in, and reverted to ‘MASSIVE’. The guy is an OF sympathiser who fawns over them at every chance he gets. If the OF ever left Scottish football he wouldn’t watch another second of it.  I have no idea why he’s still commentating on Scotland games either, is the only link that he commentates on our domestic games? 

Just thinking about it there really is a lack of good Scottish commentators these days. McCoist is obviously excellent as a co-commentator, but theres not really anyone else. Guys like Provan and Walker are dinosaurs of the game, Liam McLeod on the BBC has one of the most grating voices I’ve ever heard and spends the majority of the game saying ‘nothing doing’. Derek Rae was good for BT, genuinely insightful and actually brought something to the game, but I think he now works in America. I wonder if Andrew Cotter would ever turn his hand to football commentary, he would certainly be better than Crocker. 

25 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

Another protestor there at the Spurs-West Ham game.

Should have just chucked some tennis balls and toilet rolls rather than trying to zip tie himself to the post

Was surprised at Amazon giving the guy at Everton so much coverage including shots of the message on his t-shirt as it would obviously lead to others copying.  I thought it was standard practice now for TV to immediately cut away from incidents just to stop them getting the publicity they wanted. 

7 minutes ago, Charles Stiles said:

Was surprised at Amazon giving the guy at Everton so much coverage including shots of the message on his t-shirt as it would obviously lead to others copying.  I thought it was standard practice now for TV to immediately cut away from incidents just to stop them getting the publicity they wanted. 

Amazon probably stock the t shirt and see it as an advertising opportunity. 

As suspected I think TAAs hamstring injury is the same one Barry Ferguson used to get.

Clearly isn't arsed about playing for England and this way he gets a breather, back for the Man City game, and only 'missing' an FA cup he wouldn't have played in anyway.

Decided to bank my free hit in FF this week, was going swimmingly with Jonny as a last minute transfer but Son killed me later on. (At least my alternative, Barnes and Amartey didn't do much).

19 hours ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:

Stevie G going full yer da.

I love how Gerrard seems to think screws in your hips and 16 operations somehow ought to be the norm and that wanting to keep your legs intact is soft b*****d shit 🤣

2 hours ago, Jambomo said:

I love how Gerrard seems to think screws in your hips and 16 operations somehow ought to be the norm and that wanting to keep your legs intact is soft b*****d shit 🤣

He needs to go back to the surgeon, he’s got a few screws loose.