The Ayrshire Derby (Act 1)

On 25/07/2021 at 10:42, Jeff Venom said:

Same for me, being competitive and getting a draw would do for me at this stage, anything better a bonus.
I was there in 96 when Bobby Connor put them out the cup but our more recent visits haven't been as fruitful. Apart from 96 I can't recall seeing us win there since I started going around 1990 though I may have been too young.

And let's be honest here: Killie are the jammiest, luckiest club in Scottish football history, if luck is going to land at anyone's feet next Monday, it's going to be theirs.

Aye, of course we are. I mean, you just have to look at who we got as local rivals. ffs.

23 minutes ago, Arnold Layne said:

A night out in Prestwick...😎

For most, would be punishment enough. If 'twere the ginger weasel I'm thinking of, shagging one of the disease-ridden locals and a lingering demise from syphilis would be too good for him. 

(No offence intended towards said disease-ridden locals)

ETA: Suspicions confirmed - could we make that two DRLs?

Edited by WhiteRoseKillie

As repeatedly mentioned, our main issue for this (or any) game is a perceived lack of firepower. I would just like to think we could unearth someone like my avatar, who scored half our goals in beautiful derby about forty-four years ago. A result which helped to condemn this parody of a club to the lower divisions until... well until now. 

Forty. Four. Fucking. Years. 

Oh, it's no wonder we're jealous!

Edited by WhiteRoseKillie

1 minute ago, Thereisalight.. said:

I dont think this game will be a goal fest. 0-0 or 1-1. It's a shame a derby wont have both sets of fans present (unless I've missed something about our fans being allowed). Games like this need 2 sets of supporters to generate a great atmosphere 

It certainly won't have the atmosphere any of us would like, but seriously..

After a year and a half of pandemic and associated public health issues, the first away fans we let in are going to be the Jaba Massive and Heathfield Young Team? I don't fucking think so!

1 minute ago, WhiteRoseKillie said:

It certainly won't have the atmosphere any of us would like, but seriously..

After a year and a half of pandemic and associated public health issues, the first away fans we let in are going to be the Jaba Massive and Heathfield Young Team? I don't fucking think so!

Would be better than the 50 fans ICT will bring to Rugby Park 🙄

11 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

What capacity is Rugby Park working from at the moment? 

Motherwell allowed 6500 fans (with 2000 away fans) so surely similar possible next Monday!

I've kind of given up checking - no ST, so won't be attending for a while anyway. I believe the Moffat's closed for the revamp? That won't help. 

2 minutes ago, WhiteRoseKillie said:

I've kind of given up checking - no ST, so won't be attending for a while anyway. I believe the Moffat's closed for the revamp? That won't help. 

What does the Moffat hold? 

With Motherwell’s capacity being 13, 677, then if Rugby Park is currently similar surely we should be looking for 5000 home and 1500 away fans! Or even 1000 away fans. 

30 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

With Motherwell’s capacity being 13, 677, then if Rugby Park is currently similar surely we should be looking for 5000 home and 1500 away fans! Or even 1000 away fans. 

So we should start selling away tickets before we fill demand from home supporters? How would that go down with fans who haven't been to TTOP in so long? If it hadn't been a midweek (ok, but weeknight) match precluding my attendance, I'd be pretty pissed off knowing one of your lot got a ticket before me.  For the avoidance of doubt, I'd expect the same treatment if positions were reversed, and would understand. 

6 minutes ago, WhiteRoseKillie said:

So we should start selling away tickets before we fill demand from home supporters? How would that go down with fans who haven't been to TTOP in so long? If it hadn't been a midweek (ok, but weeknight) match precluding my attendance, I'd be pretty pissed off knowing one of your lot got a ticket before me.  For the avoidance of doubt, I'd expect the same treatment if positions were reversed, and would understand. 

So, for example - Celtic and Rangers just fill their stadiums and don’t bother with away fans as they can fill the ground without them. 

At what point do you start selling away tickets? Given with a stand closed the home support could potentially sell out the ground - do we just not bother with away fans!

Once season tickets are covered, and my scenario is allowing an extra 1500/2000 non season ticket holders to attend then away fans should absolutely be taken into consideration. Are you telling me 5000/5500 tickets doesn’t cover Kilmarnock’s usual home support? So anyone missing out, would be those not attending regularly regardless. 

Edited by No_Problemo

1 hour ago, No_Problemo said:

Capacity is under 10k just now as Moffat shut for refurb and Main can't be used in Level 0 by all accounts. 

We are allowed 3,700 and have just announced over 3500 season tickets so zero chance of away fans sadfly. 

18,000 seats and no away supporters at the opening league game of the season?

Absolute tinpot, small-time, Ayrshire cup stealing, debt wiping, portacabin selling, plastic pitch, blue and white striped bunch of soap dodging, couch surfing so and so’s

You’ve had a whole pandemic to sort out the Moffat!