The Ayrshire Derby (Act 1)

I  think the game is now stacked in favour of killie .

It be a difficult game for us with a noisy support behind us .but without that 12th man I just can't see it ..however if it was a Somerset with just a home support I couldn't see them getting much .

1 minute ago, AUFC 1910 said:

If the Kilmarnock budget for the team, as was lauded by the board of directors, is the same as last year, the n surely they should not only roll us over on Monday with ease, but skoosh this league?

You have made a common mistake there, you have obviously read our boards statement in English.

You have to translate it in to boardspeak.

"Same budget as last season", translates into " Same budget as the slashed to bits one we intended to use in the Premiership this season".

It will still be s good budget by championship standards but nothing like what we were spending last season.

Money doesn't guarantee success, even that deid team from  Govans replacement needed two goes at getting out of this league.

We are still a couple of players and a few games off rolling anyone over with ease.

Although I'm more than happy to be proven wrong.😁 

7 minutes ago, killiekranky said:

You have made a common mistake there, you have obviously read our boards statement in English.

You have to translate it in to boardspeak.

"Same budget as last season", translates into " Same budget as the slashed to bits one we intended to use in the Premiership this season".

It will still be s good budget by championship standards but nothing like what we were spending last season.

Money doesn't guarantee success, even that deid team from  Govans replacement needed two goes at getting out of this league.

We are still a couple of players and a few games off rolling anyone over with ease.

Although I'm more than happy to be proven wrong.😁 

Why was your budget being slashed? 

3 minutes ago, AUFC 1910 said:

Why was your budget being slashed? 

Because we are a frugal and fiscally competently run club.

The costs of covid, no crowds, reduced advertising and copious amounts of interior decorating meant it was time to scale back.

Also as we expected to save a bit of money on not sacking as many managers this year. 

14 hours ago, North British said:

January 1st 1986 2.55 pm . Done rotten in your own shed as your gramp’s looked on from the main stand . Be still my beating heart . 

35 years ago and still the biggest achievement in your life.

ETA - pretty sure North British was one of those crying after getting a beating at Hampden a few years ago.

Edited by Sortmeout

2 hours ago, Iain said:

For any ex-pats in the States, the game is now live on the Paramount+ subscription service on Monday night - https://www.cbssports.com/soccer/news/cbs-sports-and-paramount-welcome-the-scottish-professional-football-league-to-the-family/

Ooft!

1 hour ago, Sortmeout said:

ETA - pretty sure North British was one of those crying after getting a beating at Hampden a few years ago.

The only reason anyone was crying was boredom. It was only when Reid realised that I was due to go to a pal's wedding in Southampton during the final that he told the boys to let you have a rare derby win.

3 hours ago, AUFC 1910 said:

If the Kilmarnock budget for the team, as was lauded by the board of directors, is the same as last year, the n surely they should not only roll us over on Monday with ease, but skoosh this league?

In theory yes obviously but anyone with half a brain realises that it’s obviously not going to be as easy as that. 

3 hours ago, AUFC 1910 said:

6 minutes ago, Nadroj said:

In theory yes obviously but anyone with half a brain realises that it’s obviously not going to be as easy as that. 

Ah, I think I see the problem here.

8 hours ago, stevieKTID said:

Ooaft we're venturing into ma dad could batter your dad territory here.

Fwiw my dad is hard as f**k

Not only will I batter yer Da but I'll also batter yer dug. 

11 minutes ago, ryanayr1987 said:

Not entering in to a conversation about it. I never meant to cause offence previously 

No worries, don't know what you said to cause any offence tbh as it all seemed pretty tame but best not to stir anything up.