Group 6

Rothie Rovers 4 - 0 Stoneywood Parkvale

Glentanar 2 - 5 Aberdeen East End

Group 7

Dyce 0 - 0 Hermes

Ellon United 1 - 1 Newmachar United

Edited by lowenan

On 30/07/2024 at 11:40, GordonS said:

Yikes, what platform do they use? Weird that the SJFA would use something connected to Comet.

The North Region don't appear to have their own Facebook page and the main SJFA page gives them little coverage, despite these being their only league competitions. The NR Twitter account only mentioned tonight's games last night.

I see the SoS have gone over to League Republic from Pitchero, joining WoS and others (though their social media still links to the old site). That's a really good platform, as is Team Expert used by the EoS. The LL seem to use the worst platform of all, it's just a list of fixtures and results with no functionality.

The problem would have been they were connected to the old Scottish FA system meaning the move to Comet has made any of the automations for updating scores and league tables on the SJFA website redundant.

10 hours ago, SouthsideFC said:

The problem would have been they were connected to the old Scottish FA system meaning the move to Comet has made any of the automations for updating scores and league tables on the SJFA website redundant.

Ta. 

• 2 weeks later...

The Scottish Juniors website is back up in a somewhat simplified form. Hearing that this week's midweek North Region fixtures have been cancelled because they couldn't agree to start them early enough to play without floodlights.

2 hours ago, welshbairn said:

The Scottish Juniors website is back up in a somewhat simplified form. Hearing that this week's midweek North Region fixtures have been cancelled because they couldn't agree to start them early enough to play without floodlights.

According to nonleaguematters website all midweek games are still on 1930 ko's, there's also up to date tables

19 minutes ago, kevsmart said:

According to nonleaguematters website all midweek games are still on 1930 ko's, there's also up to date tables

The official site has them too, the clubs I've looked at all say their next matches are on Saturday though.

I went to a pre season friendly between Whitehills and Buchanhaven Hearts a few weeks ago. Finished 10-1 to Hearties and could have been more. Nevertheless, Buchanhaven are from a division above and an away win was always expected.

Since then Whitehills have lost 12-0, 4-0, 4-0, 11-0, 9-0 and yesterday 13-0. Their manager has packed in tonight. 

Hopefully they can find someone and if nothing else start keeping the score down a bit.

I know they went in abeyance for a season a couple of years ago. Results like these won't make it particularly appealing for anyone to take the job on and you find yourself worrying they might not last the season (or even until next month)

1 hour ago, Steven W said:

I went to a pre season friendly between Whitehills and Buchanhaven Hearts a few weeks ago. Finished 10-1 to Hearties and could have been more. Nevertheless, Buchanhaven are from a division above and an away win was always expected.

Since then Whitehills have lost 12-0, 4-0, 4-0, 11-0, 9-0 and yesterday 13-0. Their manager has packed in tonight. 

Hopefully they can find someone and if nothing else start keeping the score down a bit.

I know they went in abeyance for a season a couple of years ago. Results like these won't make it particularly appealing for anyone to take the job on and you find yourself worrying they might not last the season (or even until next month)

There was talk of a merger with Deveronside not long ago, it was supposed to be Whitehills who pulled out. Deveronside were paying too much for pitch rental and Whitehills were struggling for players but I guess local rivalry and preservation of identity would have been a major issue. Maybe they'll have another sitdown.

17 hours ago, Spyro said:

Are The Bish making a comeback? Or am I reading too much into it? Saw there's a new team starting up with the Bishopmills name

I doubt the junior side will be returning, there's been at least one Bishopmill side in the welfare leagues since they went defunct, but nothing long-lasting. Pinefield is a bit sad now and Deanshaugh is never coming back.

31 minutes ago, Cyclizine said:

I doubt the junior side will be returning, there's been at least one Bishopmill side in the welfare leagues since they went defunct, but nothing long-lasting. Pinefield is a bit sad now and Deanshaugh is never coming back.

Yeah it's a shame. Is Pinefield really that bad now? Haven't been there for ages but thought New Elgin still played there. It's still nowhere near Bishopmills though so kind of defeats the purpose. 

On 25/08/2024 at 22:16, welshbairn said:

There was talk of a merger with Deveronside not long ago, it was supposed to be Whitehills who pulled out. Deveronside were paying too much for pitch rental and Whitehills were struggling for players but I guess local rivalry and preservation of identity would have been a major issue. Maybe they'll have another sitdown.

Surely common sense has to prevail,if it was Whitehills that pulled out of the merger,that's mind-boggling. 

They're getting toued every week  !!

Both clubs are only 2 miles apart too.

3 clubs in the Banff/Macduff area is too much.

Edited by Dav nan Gael

3 hours ago, Spyro said:

Yeah it's a shame. Is Pinefield really that bad now? Haven't been there for ages but thought New Elgin still played there. It's still nowhere near Bishopmills though so kind of defeats the purpose. 

Pinefield looked fine to me when I was there a few weeks ago for a New Elgin game and there was an amateur game at the same time. The pavilion/ changing rooms are a bit rough on the outside but standard for the level, maybe they're not great on the inside. 

• 2 weeks later...