Kilwinning Rangers 24/25

"MATCH INFO: Despite requests for a fixture on Saturday 7th of October, The Buffs will sit idle due to The Scottish Junior Cup taking place.

Our next match takes place on Saturday 14th of October as we face East of Scotland side Hawick Royal Albert in The South Challenge Cup."

Losing out on a Saturday match due to others participating in a voluntary cup competition.  I get that it's important to a lot of teams and that the WOSFL agreed to accommodate the junior cup and set aside certain dates for it to take place but how did it come to a situation where it takes priority over a league match? 

48 minutes ago, energyzone said:

"MATCH INFO: Despite requests for a fixture on Saturday 7th of October, The Buffs will sit idle due to The Scottish Junior Cup taking place.

Our next match takes place on Saturday 14th of October as we face East of Scotland side Hawick Royal Albert in The South Challenge Cup."

Losing out on a Saturday match due to others participating in a voluntary cup competition.  I get that it's important to a lot of teams and that the WOSFL agreed to accommodate the junior cup and set aside certain dates for it to take place but how did it come to a situation where it takes priority over a league match? 

It's an embarrassment mate another season of Kenny and his horrific fixtures scheduling. 

1 hour ago, WestLoyal said:

It's an embarrassment mate another season of Kenny and his horrific fixtures scheduling. 

I don't blame Kennie as I think he does a very good job with the fixtures and is just putting into practice what clubs have agreed.  I do wonder what the opinion of other clubs who don't participate in this tournament is, e.g. Pollok, Clydebank, Renfrew etc.  It's clear Kilwinning aren't happy with the situation as we've made active efforts to get a match on.  It's at the stage where we are starting to build some momentum and it's potentially being derailed as we've to sit idle.  

I'm not belittling the popularity of the tournament or its significance to some, but as an optional extra the Junior Cup should be the lowest priority and the SJFA should just be advised to slot matches in as and when they can, not given prime time Saturdays throughout the year to the detriment of the leagues.

Maybe take part in it next season and you won't have a free week? I don't get the Buffs committee desire in not wishing to take part in Junior Cup now as leads to free weeks and loss of income? Or play a friendly v Eglinton FC? 🤔

Clydebank and Rob Roy are playing in Premier so league fixtures are rearranged when possible normally & if both clubs wish to.

I would think normally one of your games v Blantyre/ Cambuslang be moved forward from winter months though you then may have a free week in either December or February if weather is okay then but will depend if the other club wants to do this etc as may not suit them.

Edited by Shannon

26 minutes ago, Shannon said:

Maybe take part in it next season and you won't have a free week? I don't get the Buffs committee desire in not wishing to take part in Junior Cup now as leads to free weeks and loss of income? Or play a friendly v Eglinton FC? 🤔

Clydebank and Rob Roy are playing in Premier so league fixtures are rearranged when possible normally & if both clubs wish to.

I would think normally one of your games v Blantyre/ Cambuslang be moved forward from winter months though you then may have a free week in either December or February if weather is okay then but will depend if the other club wants to do this etc as may not suit them.

You forget that Kilwinning were one of those ambitious clubs that trailblazed their way to the pyramid. The fact that they have gone in the opposite direction is a bit of a riddy but won't stop them snubbing anything to do with the old Junior regime.

Having said that, it's perfectly reasonable for those clubs not involved in the cup to be annoyed about losing a Saturday, especially as there will be plenty lost when winter kicks in.

1 minute ago, Shannon said:

I am sure Clydebank asked Rob Roy to move game forward so all Buffs had to do was ask Blantyre as not played them yet. Still time to do that and get okay from WOSFL / Kennie?

That might just shift the problem to another time though.  It really shouldn't be up to individual clubs to try and appeal to the League or to other clubs for a match.

3 hours ago, energyzone said:

I don't blame Kennie as I think he does a very good job with the fixtures and is just putting into practice what clubs have agreed.  I do wonder what the opinion of other clubs who don't participate in this tournament is, e.g. Pollok, Clydebank, Renfrew etc.  It's clear Kilwinning aren't happy with the situation as we've made active efforts to get a match on.  It's at the stage where we are starting to build some momentum and it's potentially being derailed as we've to sit idle.  

I'm not belittling the popularity of the tournament or its significance to some, but as an optional extra the Junior Cup should be the lowest priority and the SJFA should just be advised to slot matches in as and when they can, not given prime time Saturdays throughout the year to the detriment of the leagues.

Pollok are at home to Dalry in the Junior Cup

1 hour ago, energyzone said:

That might just shift the problem to another time though.  It really shouldn't be up to individual clubs to try and appeal to the League or to other clubs for a match.

You have known for months that likely will be a free week on 7th October due to Junior Cup. Either enjoy the free week to let injuries clear up / get extra training session in or arrange with Cambuslang / Blantyre to have a game moved forward.

Next year best just to enter the Junior Cup and stop moaning.

Edited by Shannon

The three games that could be brought forward are Blantyre v Cambuslang (10/2), Blantyre v Kilwinning (27/1) or Kilwinning v Cambuslang (2/12), presumably these would need both teams to agree.

Your league opponents may have a similar situation next month, when you make it through in the SRCC as there's league games scheduled for 18th November.

A quick visit whilst I put my point of view across.

First point to note is that the Strathclyde Demolition Cup is also taking preference over League games on Saturday. Eight ties are taking place and 4 of the First Division teams are involved.

There’s 7 league games across 4 of the divisions and 6 of them were rescheduled because I was able to pair them off.

Clydebank and Rob Roy were both idle in the Premier Division and I did not give them a game because I thought it was too soon after their last encounter on 9th September at Holm Park. Clydebank had only played one other league game since then and also Holm Park was not available as Yoker were at home. Both clubs applied to bring their game forward from January which they are allowed to do thanks to a rule in the Constitution. I accepted the request.

Glasgow Perthshire and Muirkirk were similar in that they were both idle and as they were both playing each other on 30th September, I didn’t pair them off on 7th October. Both teams requested the game and I accepted the request.

In Kilwinning’s case, I was asked for an explanation as to why they didn’t have a game.

I gave Kilwinning an explanation in regards to possible games against the only 2 teams available.

Blantyre and Cambuslang.

Blantyre – Kilwinning v Blantyre was played on 9th September, Kilwinning played Thorniewood on Saturday and that was the only game separating the reverse fixture. Bringing forward their game from January would give Blantyre 3 home games on the trot.

Cambuslang – I could have brought forward the game from December but that would have given Kilwinning 4 home games on the trot and I didn’t fancy doing that with 3 important cup games coming up for Kilwinning.

I did point out that if Kilwinning and either Blantyre or Cambuslang wanted to bring forward their games then I would accept it.

I didn’t hear back from them.

Finally, the Junior Cup has been put on a par with the Scottish Gas Scottish Cup, the Strathclyde Demolition Cup, the South Challenge Cup and the West of Scotland League Cup. All thanks to a vote by the clubs in the WoSFL.

Very far from ideal having no game this Saturday, but additionally because of cup competitions it would seem that we don't have a league game during the whole of October. This is a crazy situation.

Whilst we cannot apportion our relegation to anybody but ourselves, it was this type of fixture scheduling that led to a build up of league games towards the end of last season and must have contributed in some way to our eventual demise.

If you're club is struggling in the league with a backlog of fixtures is relative cup success worth it?

As it is, we are on a decent unbeaten run at the moment, building momentum for the first time in a while. Really easy to understand the managers frustration that we can't get a league fixture going this weekend.

2 hours ago, Kennie said:

Finally, the Junior Cup has been put on a par with the Scottish Gas Scottish Cup, the Strathclyde Demolition Cup, the South Challenge Cup and the West of Scotland League Cup. All thanks to a vote by the clubs in the WoSFL.

Only thing is, why are the last 64 and 32 of the SRCC on 14 October and 18 November not left blank in the fixture list at the start of the season, when same the stages of the Junior Cup are left blank?

1 hour ago, funky monkey said:

Very far from ideal having no game this Saturday, but additionally because of cup competitions it would seem that we don't have a league game during the whole of October. This is a crazy situation.

Whilst we cannot apportion our relegation to anybody but ourselves, it was this type of fixture scheduling that led to a build up of league games towards the end of last season and must have contributed in some way to our eventual demise.

Well two of the four Saturdays are outside the WOS control (SRCC and Scottish Cup), the one in between is the WOS Cup and the first weekend has been explained above.

This time last season you'd only played 5 league games so you're already 4 ahead of that. At the end of November you'd only played 8, and 10 by the end of 2022.

Edited by Ginaro

5 hours ago, jimbaxters said:

You forget that Kilwinning were one of those ambitious clubs that trailblazed their way to the pyramid. The fact that they have gone in the opposite direction is a bit of a riddy but won't stop them snubbing anything to do with the old Junior regime.

Having said that, it's perfectly reasonable for those clubs not involved in the cup to be annoyed about losing a Saturday, especially as there will be plenty lost when winter kicks in.

Honestly there are some really dumb shit people on pie and bovril, dont you think Jimba@tards?
Please don't be simple, its definitely not a riddy, only in your small mind. Do you think Kilwinning or even the other teams who want up in the pyramid are thinking of the here and now, (that's obviously what we all take from your dumb post, especially when you stating what the clubs thinking, aye OK lolol), yeah that would be great but its about their clubs future and if some near future they get it right on the park with the right backing then some day they might actually win leagues and move up. Who knows if that will happen, soon, years away, 5, 10, 20 odd years etc... I don't think kilwinning or any other team would be laughing at the ones who are staying lower down, they just want to progress and wont give a toss about the other teams if they don't want to move up.

The team are annoyed that they have no league game on Saturday especially when another cup to them seems to be taken importance and when the fixture lad is junior preference, they just aint happy. The league fixture lad has given a full explanation which seems fair to me but guess I don't blame the club for being happy.

59 minutes ago, Ginaro said:

Only thing is, why are the last 64 and 32 of the SRCC on 14 October and 18 November not left blank in the fixture list at the start of the season, when same the stages of the Junior Cup are left blank?

Well two of the four Saturdays are outside the WOS control (SRCC and Scottish Cup), the one in between is the WOS Cup and the first weekend has been explained above.

This time last season you'd only played 5 league games so you're already 4 ahead of that. At the end of November you'd only played 8, and 10 by the end of 2022.

Your forensic examination doesn't excuse the fact that Kilwinning Rangers don't have a game to play this Saturday. It's madness at a time when games should be getting played to prevent potential fixture congestion later on in the season.

1 hour ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

Honestly there are some really dumb shit people on pie and bovril, dont you think Jimba@tards?
Please don't be simple, its definitely not a riddy, only in your small mind. Do you think Kilwinning or even the other teams who want up in the pyramid are thinking of the here and now, (that's obviously what we all take from your dumb post, especially when you stating what the clubs thinking, aye OK lolol), yeah that would be great but its about their clubs future and if some near future they get it right on the park with the right backing then some day they might actually win leagues and move up. Who knows if that will happen, soon, years away, 5, 10, 20 odd years etc... I don't think kilwinning or any other team would be laughing at the ones who are staying lower down, they just want to progress and wont give a toss about the other teams if they don't want to move up.

The team are annoyed that they have no league game on Saturday especially when another cup to them seems to be taken importance and when the fixture lad is junior preference, they just aint happy. The league fixture lad has given a full explanation which seems fair to me but guess I don't blame the club for being happy.

If that came from anyone else but you I'd be offended but as it is I will simply "lolol" it off.

23 minutes ago, jimbaxters said:

If that came from anyone else but you I'd be offended but as it is I will simply "lolol" it off.

Unfortunately it just shows you what a dumb shit is. Kilwinning having a riddy,  that's the best yet lolol 
Clubs don't get riddys, they just deal with shit and bad seasons, why, because they have too, grow a set and get on and hopefully try to progress.

4 hours ago, Kennie said:

A quick visit whilst I put my point of view across.

First point to note is that the Strathclyde Demolition Cup is also taking preference over League games on Saturday. Eight ties are taking place and 4 of the First Division teams are involved.

There’s 7 league games across 4 of the divisions and 6 of them were rescheduled because I was able to pair them off.

Clydebank and Rob Roy were both idle in the Premier Division and I did not give them a game because I thought it was too soon after their last encounter on 9th September at Holm Park. Clydebank had only played one other league game since then and also Holm Park was not available as Yoker were at home. Both clubs applied to bring their game forward from January which they are allowed to do thanks to a rule in the Constitution. I accepted the request.

Glasgow Perthshire and Muirkirk were similar in that they were both idle and as they were both playing each other on 30th September, I didn’t pair them off on 7th October. Both teams requested the game and I accepted the request.

In Kilwinning’s case, I was asked for an explanation as to why they didn’t have a game.

I gave Kilwinning an explanation in regards to possible games against the only 2 teams available.

Blantyre and Cambuslang.

Blantyre – Kilwinning v Blantyre was played on 9th September, Kilwinning played Thorniewood on Saturday and that was the only game separating the reverse fixture. Bringing forward their game from January would give Blantyre 3 home games on the trot.

Cambuslang – I could have brought forward the game from December but that would have given Kilwinning 4 home games on the trot and I didn’t fancy doing that with 3 important cup games coming up for Kilwinning.

I did point out that if Kilwinning and either Blantyre or Cambuslang wanted to bring forward their games then I would accept it.

I didn’t hear back from them.

Official WOSFL business being spouted on a public forum doesn't seem the correct way to handle these things. 

Nor does discussing email contact with Kilwinning Rangers. In hindsight you may realise the error you have made here but given the ego I very much doubt it. Honestly utterly unprofessional and embarrassing imo. 

38 minutes ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

Unfortunately it just shows you what a dumb shit is. Kilwinning having a riddy,  that's the best yet lolol 
Clubs don't get riddys, they just deal with shit and bad seasons, why, because they have too, grow a set and get on and hopefully try to progress.

Awkward Season 4 GIF by The Office