Kilwinning Rangers 24/25

Just now, Bestsinceslicebread said:

Thanks Glensmad
Knew there was something why they qualified but they weren't part of the old junior set up anyways so suppose Drumchapel and the rest in brackets not considered regarding the point of the post, which is not being held back and wanting to progress.

But clubs could get licensed when they were in the Junior leagues IIRC.

25 minutes ago, jimbaxters said:

But clubs could get licensed when they were in the Junior leagues IIRC.

Then your memory is fuzzy. Linlithgow Rose and Banks O'Dee did get licensed. The SFA realised no one in the SJFA was engaging with the pyramid and just wanted all the perks of membership while staying Junior.

Then some changes were made where a club had to make a commitment to the pyramid. Kelty signed up to the EoSFL. Talbot baulked at the idea of leaving, happy to hoover up the trophies and qualification spots to the Scottish Cup.

Just now, Black Pennel said:

Pretty sure Girvan had a licence and were playing in the junior leagues contrary to comments above.

They did, but that was more a unusual technicality. They were a member of the SFA that moved from the South of Scotland to the Juniors.

I think it took a while for them to tick all the boxes to get the license, that part just went unnoticed being a historical member.

3 hours ago, FairWeatherFan said:

They did, but that was more a unusual technicality. They were a member of the SFA that moved from the South of Scotland to the Juniors.

I think it took a while for them to tick all the boxes to get the license, that part just went unnoticed being a historical member.

Aye, I know...I was just pointing out the inaccuracies in previous posts.

2 hours ago, Black Pennel said:

Aye, I know...I was just pointing out the inaccuracies in previous posts.

I don't think its inaccurate, Girvan is one of those teams who have an SFA license that the point is not about.
Girvan is not classed as an traditional West junior football team from the old leagues.  

It's about how some teams in the old junior west league wanted to progress and that the juniors held traditionally west junior teams back from gaining their licenses and how many of those have went onto gain a license since they joined the WOSFL whether the team are junior orientated/focused or not.

Kilwinning being one of those teams who have progressed gaining their SFA license even if they are in the first division

Edited by Bestsinceslicebread

Big man you're getting to be really hard work following your rambling posts. It is inaccurate purely on the basis that Girvan FC joined the juniors twenty years ago. Twenty years. Long enough to be considered as an established team, eh ?

p.s. Not disputing your perfectly valid point about licensing. Anyway,...Buffs thread. Let them fall out with each other in their usual fashion.

Edited by Black Pennel
Fat fingers replying to fat man.

7 hours ago, Black Pennel said:

Big man you're getting to be really hard work following your rambling posts. It is inaccurate purely on the basis that Girvan FC joined the juniors twenty years ago. Twenty years. Long enough to be considered as an established team, eh ?

p.s. Not disputing your perfectly valid point about licensing. Anyway,...Buffs thread. Let them fall out with each other in their usual fashion.

That's the thing, if you were paying attention you'd notice that Buffs fans generally don't fall out, win, lose or draw we are pretty much united behind our club. There might be the odd difference of opinion, but most of the criticism of the club comes from trolls or fans of other clubs, particularly those that reference the money years which were a quarter of a century ago.

11 hours ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

I don't think its inaccurate, Girvan is one of those teams who have an SFA license that the point is not about.
Girvan is not classed as an traditional West junior football team from the old leagues.  

The point is about:  How some teams in the old junior west league wanted to progress and that the juniors held traditionally west junior teams back from gaining their licenses and how many of those have went onto gain a license since they joined the WOSFL whether the team are junior orientated/focused or not.

Kilwinning being one of those teams who have progressed gaining their SFA license even if they are in the first division

The whole point of the post is that teams fought for the chance to progress and were held back and since the inception of the WOSFL you can see how many have progressed including Kilwinning, even though they have dropped down a  division they are now a SFA licensed club, have an academy, (not sure how big or strong it is) but all heading in the right direction and sure, eventually on the park things may turn about at some point.

7 hours ago, Black Pennel said:

It doesn't matter what spin you put on it, Girvan have never been thought of/considered as an old west junior team, nearly everyone, (committees and fans) of what we class as old traditional west juniors teams, always thought of them as a South of Scotland interloper, the same as the attitude toward Rossvale first team joining years back, they were never considered a true west junior team either, just a youth club that sneaked in. All the new clubs would be classed the same by the ones who have the old junior attitude. Surprising that you don't get that or you do but just arguing black is white because its me  😇

30 minutes ago, funky monkey said:

That's the thing, if you were paying attention you'd notice that Buffs fans generally don't fall out, win, lose or draw we are pretty much united behind our club. There might be the odd difference of opinion, but most of the criticism of the club comes from trolls or fans of other clubs, particularly those that reference the money years which were a quarter of a century ago.

To be fair funky monkey, I don't really see major falling out with Kilwinning fans on here, a wee difference of opinion regarding a how a game went or wee difference here and there but as you say, usually united on all fronts/views, wanting progression of your team and club. In fact I don't usually see Kilwinning fans going to other posts on this forum to wind things up or troll, so genuinely I don't know where the falling out with each other comes from

Edited by Bestsinceslicebread

13 minutes ago, highlandmac said:

Was at the game on Tuesday,what's with the DR Congo flag?one of your players from there?

Not sure if it's Eva Bembo? That's the first time I've noticed the flag.

40 minutes ago, funky monkey said:

Not sure if it's Eva Bembo? That's the first time I've noticed the flag.

Googled the name-famous russian stripper&pole dancer, apparantly.....

That'll get 'em through the turnstiles

4 hours ago, Black Pennel said:

Is Evariste actually related to Arnault ?

They must be almost getting to the "veteran" stage as far as semi-pro fitba is concerned ?

I believe they are brothers.

Evariste is 35 so could fit into the “veteran” category, I’m sure.