Ayr vs Arbroath

10 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

Your patter is shite, embarrassingly shite. Really bad. You may think you are some kind of witty troll but you are a tragic attention seeking w**k. Go and f**k your dad 

5 points behind after just 2 games.

radio 1 live lounge GIF

1 hour ago, Superhursy7 said:
1 hour ago, itzdrk said:
Amazed we pulled a draw out of that, what a trash team Hopkin has built.
Smile not intended bit it won't delete emoji2.png

I actually think there is some decent talent at championship level but the tactics are honking

Disagree.  

Main thing [mention=13350]wuffster[/mention] can you either include McGinty's bicycle kick in the highlights or pm me a gif plz :wub:

I’ll have it etched in my brain forever. Thought for sure he was off and the way he did it so casually was arguably the highlight of the game.

26 minutes ago, Shibuya said:

Smith appears to be as much a fan as any of us on the terraces, hopefully he can get Hopkin to f**k sooner rather than later 

Was he getting rather animated by it or just a face like thunder? Could see him from the other side of the park but that's about it.

Read somewhere that he was pretty annoyed at the way we setup on Monday.

7 minutes ago, Hawk89 said:

Read somewhere that he was pretty annoyed at the way we setup on Monday.

I'm sure there's a dawning realisation growing week by week within his head that his first choice of manager isn't quite running parallel with his long term ambition for the club. 

When the second goal went in, Hopkin went and sat in the dugout and put his head in his hands. I felt sorry for him briefly.

Hes signed a lot of players that just aren’t good enough, there are about 6 coaches on match day and there are possibly 3 more players to come in, He’s been backed and things are still rotten.

Kerr needed support and got it, Hopkin has had it from day one. It’s hard to see how, with Duffy as assistant and Hopkin having 3 previous jobs as manager that he’s not fixed the issues that are so apparent.  

When the second goal went in, Hopkin went and sat in the dugout and put his head in his hands. I felt sorry for him briefly.
Hes signed a lot of players that just aren’t good enough, there are about 6 coaches on match day and there are possibly 3 more players to come in, He’s been backed and things are still rotten.
Kerr needed support and got it, Hopkin has had it from day one. It’s hard to see how, with Duffy as assistant and Hopkin having 3 previous jobs as manager that he’s not fixed the issues that are so apparent.  

Just to pick you up on a point there. I would argue Kerr didn’t get the support he needed but I’m not sure who that’s down to.

We went through all of Kerr reign with McArdle, Stillie and White in the dugout. He did bring in that coach for his last game but it was too little too late. However Hopkin moved quite quickly in pre season to get Duffy in as assistant. An experienced guy was exactly what Kerr needed but for whatever reason he never arrived. The fact that Hopkin was so easily able to bring Duffy and Joyce on board suggests that Kerr wouldn’t accept help out of fear of being undermined. It’s not a great look if true and it’s something that could have saved his job if he’d done something about it sooner.

12 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

Hes signed a lot of players that just aren’t good enough

It all boils down to this.

Poor recruitment at every level of the game will eventually be the undoing of every club and it's manager. Look at our County neighbours last season. 

You might sneak survival like we did last season but over a period of time other teams overtake you and your luck runs out. 

The fact that we've provided the management with a midtable budget (apparently) means absolutely nothing if you don't get value for it. 

Still hoping things can take an upward turn for us once Hopkin finally decides on a settled starting eleven and formation. The fact he still seems to be unsure of them himself is worrying more than amusing. 

Edited by BukyOHare