Forfar Athletic v Edinburgh city

Guest mr_malcolm

Guest mr_malcolm

Going into this weekends game confident after a solid showing against Annan last week. Same team hopefully with shepherd in for mcluskey .

I'm not overly optimistic of City getting anything out of this one based on some of our performances in the League Cup and last week's league opener at Albion Rovers.

Unless Naysmith makes a couple of changes to the side in terms of personnel and possibly shape, I suspect it will be much the same. Lacklustre, poor at defending set pieces and a lack of cutting edge up front.

2 hours ago, mr_malcolm said:

Going into this weekends game confident after a solid showing against Annan last week. Same team hopefully with shepherd in for mcluskey .

With Travis and McCluskey still out, I think that will probably be the team Gary puts out.

Edinburgh will be disappointed with their effort last week, whereas Forfar will be happy so here's hoping another three points and a clean sheet! However, Edinburgh do pose a stronger attacking force than Annan, but we've got Marc McCallum! 😀

Yes, confidence is good at the moment, with fans and players.  Which seems to be the polar opposite over on the City thread.

As with last week, I can only see one winner here.  3-0 the Loons.

Irvine we trust!

Hope you all enjoy yourselves. 🍻

You never know, we might be a better prospect on 4G...

I hope Robertson starts. Looks like the sort of player that will either be brilliant or sent off in the first half but at least he offers something.

Guest mr_malcolm
Obviously hoping for a win, it’ll be be a tight affair, I think we’ll come out on top but will concede a goal scored by Ouzy See. One of those players who wasn’t great for us but will always score against us [emoji849]

Wasn’t great? He was hopeless .

Guest mr_malcolm
Looking forward to playing on a level surface and will suit the technical side of our game.  Heading up for this and hopefully pay at the gate?  Anyone know?  
Are the terraces open, enclosure and stand? 

Aye pay at the gate , all terracing open apart from in front of the stand I think. Stand first come first served I think also

1 hour ago, SlipperyP said:

Make sure everyone  take care after 3rd goal that TAMWALKING STICK GET HOME BAM.

He's a fighter. 

2 bridies should do?  Are you still fat @tamthebam

I'm a lover shiter not a flghter. 

I'm not saying I'm fat but NASA just sent a satellite round to photograph my other side. Lock up yer bridies! 

4 hours ago, SlipperyP said:

Make sure everyone  take care after 3rd goal that TAMWALKING STICK GET HOME BAM.

He's a fighter. 

2 bridies should do?  Are you still fat @tamthebam

2 hours ago, tamthebam said:

I'm a lover shiter not a flghter. 

I'm not saying I'm fat but NASA just sent a satellite round to photograph my other side. Lock up yer bridies! 

Sorry to disappoint you folk but the bridie shop at the stadium will be closed tomorrow. Have to arrive early and go to McLarens' bakery on the corner of Market Street to get your bridies and eat them on your way to the ground.

3 hours ago, Bridie Vision said:

Sorry to disappoint you folk but the bridie shop at the stadium will be closed tomorrow. Have to arrive early and go to McLarens' bakery on the corner of Market Street to get your bridies and eat them on your way to the ground.

Are McLarens even open tomorrow? Saddlers are near by though, they’re good too

17 minutes ago, theSilverFox said:

Are McLarens even open tomorrow? Saddlers are near by though, they’re good too

Good question, after a quick Google McLaren's are open until 2 on Saturdays. Guess all the staff want to watch the match as well 😆

True, Saddler's are nearby and good for bridies too.

Guest mr_malcolm
Good question, after a quick Google McLaren's are open until 2 on Saturdays. Guess all the staff want to watch the match as well [emoji38]
True, Saddler's are nearby and good for bridies too.

Mclaren’s > saddlers

Guest mr_malcolm
It saddens me that there's a Greggs in Forfar. 
It's like finding a pube in your salad.

There’s 2 now if you want to include the one out at the new service station