St Johnstone vs Motherwell, Sunday 8 August, 2021

As @Gianfranco says at the start of the thread, 10 of our first 11 picks itself, with Ojala's partner at centre back the only position there's any question over. My own preference would be Mugabi. As a no frills, clear your lines defender I think he can be fine with a leader beside him, but the gaffer seems to see something in Lamie that most others don't, and I imagine he will get the nod.

Looking forward to seeing more of Slattery, from first viewing last week he seems to be a real prospect. Comfortable on the ball and with a good passing range.

Theres been some really drab encounters between the sides over the years, but I think today could be a really entertaining match up and still hopeful of a narrow away win. 2-1 'Well

Edited by 'WellDel
Typo

Clark

Brown  Kerr Gordon McCart Booth

Ballantyne Craig

Middleton Hendry May

Is what I'm expecting, with time off the bench for Kane and Spoony, possibly Devine if Booth isn't 100% fit yet. Might even see Muller for Kerr, given the shift he put in and he'll be expected to play the 2 full games next week. 

Who knows though. The only thing that would surprise me is Middleton not starting, given he's not eligible for Thursday and in theory he should be able to slot into the team straight away. 

Edited by Valentino Bolognese

Mugabi the no frills clear your lines defender failed to do that last weekend and sclaffed a cross into the path of the Hibs players that directly resulted in their penalty and winning goal. 

To me both Mugabi and Lamie and the same. Turn in competent performances from time to time but make too many basic mistakes. We seem to get punished for them also 🤷‍♂️.

I will regret saying this but I possibly prefer Lamie to partner Ojala. Assuming the big Fin is a step up on both I would like another CB and have Mugabi and Lamie as back up or to rotate squad. But it may be that is it for CB as OHara and Donnelly can also play there if required. 

Looking forward to this today after our surprisingly positive performance last week. Fantastic result for Saints on Thursday but I’m hoping they have more than an eye on the second leg which might play in our favour.

I reckon we’ll only have 1 change from last week with Ojala coming in for one of Lamie or Mugabi which should be an upgrade.

I’d take a point to get us off the mark. 1-1.

9 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Glad you pointed this out tbh.

Ok it was in jest but yep I’m another that won’t be paying English Premier league  level prices for let’s be honest a pretty second rate product.

Just now, Yorky said:

Ok it was in jest but yep I’m another that won’t be paying English Premier league  level prices for let’s be honest a pretty second rate product.

I'm devastated. 

Away to email Saints and demand they lower the price immediately so you can watch the game.

22 minutes ago, welldaft said:

Mugabi the no frills clear your lines defender failed to do that last weekend and sclaffed a cross into the path of the Hibs players that directly resulted in their penalty and winning goal. 

To me both Mugabi and Lamie and the same. Turn in competent performances from time to time but make too many basic mistakes. We seem to get punished for them also 🤷‍♂️.

I will regret saying this but I possibly prefer Lamie to partner Ojala. Assuming the big Fin is a step up on both I would like another CB and have Mugabi and Lamie as back up or to rotate squad. But it may be that is it for CB as OHara and Donnelly can also play there if required. 

Agree that there isn't a great deal between them but feel that, of the two, Lamie is more prone to a major gaffe.

Playing together there is a lack of leadership and its real panic stations when they're under pressure, which leads to more mistakes. With a more commanding and calming influence in Ojala ( hopefully!!) alongside him, my own preference would be Bevis. With the right person coaching him through the game I think he could reach the dizzy heights of competent  at this level.

Just now, RandomGuy. said:

I'm devastated. 

Away to email Saints and demand they lower the price immediately so you can watch the game.

Hey just my opinion, £14.95 to watch Premier league football v £17.50 St Johnstone v Motherwell, just don’t think it’s the best decision the club could make but that up to them.

2 minutes ago, 'WellDel said:

Agree that there isn't a great deal between them but feel that, of the two, Lamie is more prone to a major gaffe.

Playing together there is a lack of leadership and its real panic stations when they're under pressure, which leads to more mistakes. With a more commanding and calming influence in Ojala ( hopefully!!) alongside him, my own preference would be Bevis. With the right person coaching him through the game I think he could reach the dizzy heights of competent  at this level.

Of the two I would actually go with Lamie but suspect it will be Bevis, although we may all be surprised and they could both play. As for the game I expect a St Johnstone win, they look a very solid, well coached team and we’re not there yet, just a little too early in my view.

12 minutes ago, Yorky said:

Why do people not realise it's not a like for like product. There isn't a corolation or scale between the premier League & Scottish Premier League for quality and prices. 

It's the same debate about football tops here, ticket prices here. Pointless.

One price is ripping punters off and making millionaires additional millions. The Scottish prices are set to maximise the chances of making ANY money and to keep clubs alive. 

If you don't want to pay it don't but it's beyond tedious hearing everyone's high and mighty protest about the cost of stuff.

Edited by Mr Positive, sometimes.

2 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

I'm devastated. 

just for the Motherwell fans though I trust. Everyone else should be made to pay full price. 

6 minutes ago, Yorky said:

Hey just my opinion, £14.95 to watch Premier league football v £17.50 St Johnstone v Motherwell, just don’t think it’s the best decision the club could make but that up to them.

For the nine millionth time, it's £17.50 so season ticket holders aren't paying more per game than PPV customers.

Motherwell fans spending weeks mewling about it every single time we play you is honestly exhausting.

Literally nobody cares if you're buying a ticket or not.

6 minutes ago, Yorky said:

Id rather eat my own hand than pay to watch £14.95 for a premier league match, the most soulless, overrated league of them all. 

if you don’t want to pay £17.50 then don’t. Moaning about it isn’t going to suddenly change the club’s mind. The prices are set to make sure season ticket holders don’t lose out when they buy their ticket and frankly those customers mean a lot more to the club than PPV away supporters do. 

2 minutes ago, Kyle said:

just for the Motherwell fans though I trust. Everyone else should be made to pay full price. 

I've handed back my season ticket until justice prevails. Motherwell should set the price for every game they play IMO, only they know whats best for football fans.

2 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

I've handed back my season ticket until justice prevails. Motherwell should set the price for every game they play IMO, only they know whats best for football fans.

Motherwell football club just know what’s best for everyone. It’s embarrassing the self satisfied ones aren’t running the game in its entirety already! 

1 minute ago, Kyle said:

Motherwell football club just know what’s best for everyone. It’s embarrassing the self satisfied ones aren’t running the game in its entirety already! 

Club who gets the most clicks on their Twitter page every season should be handed the title IMO, it's unfair a club who exist to improve people's lives have to actually win games for success. Nobody cares about fans more.