Raith Rovers vs Dunfermline Athletic

29 minutes ago, 101 said:

The old firm demand hate.

Nah, life is too short to waste time hating things. They’re not going anywhere so what does hating them accomplish? It’s for kids who don’t understand the meaning of the word and bitter old men who are too far gone to change.

As for Rovers, I laugh when they throw away 4-0 leads and get relegated but most of their posters on here are pretty sound and I quite like and respect John McGlynn.

Got a few good friends who are dunfermline fans which has really taken the sting out of the games, especially last season. We're usually in agreement with everything although there is still the bit of "banter" involved. I don't mind dunfermline doing relatively well but do still enjoy them not being as good as us when it happens.

13 hours ago, CrossgatesCynic said:

I struggle with the thinking of some Rovers fans on this one. I don't think, by any realistic measure, you can say Rovers have had a poor start to the season. A fairly freak result against Hamilton (which resulted in a point against the recently relegated Premiership side, along with a net GD of 0) and then a narrow defeat at a ground that returns fewer points than the UK every year at Eurovision. Hardly panic stations.

Dunfermline, by contrast, have had a poor start. Dropping points away to the cluster-f**k club that is Morton (though, granted, Morton have been a bogey team of the Pars for a good while) and then the drubbing at the weekend. Throw into the mix that Peter Grant seems reluctant to change things/take responsibility when things don't go well, and you really do have a stark contrast in fortunes.

That said, it's a derby. You get no points for highlighting anything can happen in these games.

You criticise the state of Morton in order to devalue Dunfermline drawing with them, while spinning the point Rovers got against Accies as a positive, yet somehow,  despite all of this, one week later Morton then went away to Hamilton and won. 

I also see comments about McGlynn v Grant being a mismatch in the dugout, yet just a few days ago a simpleton like Billy Dodds managed to get the better of McGlynn. 

Although I enjoy the rivalry and celebrate any Rovers defeat of the Pars, definitely don’t hate them. At the end of the day, they are just a local, community club like the Rovers. Reserve all my hate (or intense dislike at least) for the Old Firm because of the sectarian shit they bring.

3 hours ago, Raith_Rasta said:

Late ti the party wi the thread.   But them German investors are only here for the Kevin Nisbet sell on coin.  Dunno if that’s been already said. They will fly away soon. 

Thanks for the inside scoop. Always good to get the experts to let us know what’s going on.

Although I enjoy the rivalry and celebrate any Rovers defeat of the Pars, definitely don’t hate them. At the end of the day, they are just a BIG local, community club like the Rovers. Reserve all my hate (or intense dislike at least) for the Old Firm because of the sectarian shit they bring.

Fixed it for you.

You criticise the state of Morton in order to devalue Dunfermline drawing with them, while spinning the point Rovers got against Accies as a positive, yet somehow,  despite all of this, one week later Morton then went away to Hamilton and won. 
I also see comments about McGlynn v Grant being a mismatch in the dugout, yet just a few days ago a simpleton like Billy Dodds managed to get the better of McGlynn. 
You shouldn't really use words like simpleton. People in glass houses and all that...

I don't hate Raith at all, just a good local rivalry, but at the same time I don't want to see RR win every week. I really missed the games when we were in different leagues, can't believe the derby was gone for nearly a decade between 2000 and 2009. It's the game I look for first when the fixtures are released as it tends to be a good day out regardless of the 90 minutes in between. Short train journey, busy boozers and normally a good crowd/atmosphere created by both teams. Don't get me wrong, the 90mins and hours before after the games there's definitely a little heat but after that I'm over it.

The Dunfermline & Falkirk rivalry has more hatred for me. Two sets of fans who just really dislike each other although no one is really sure why. Heard many a reason, even one going back to Ice Hockey in the 60s.

4 minutes ago, JFPar said:

Not at all sure, was just something I'd heard or read years ago. Could be nonsense. know next to nothing about Ice Hockey. 

3 minutes ago, RRFC2711 said:

Good to see your a top historian on Kirkcaldy’s second sport…trilby on again bud ?

Some trivia for you, the Dunfermline Vikings crest was recued(don't know from where) and now resides on the wall in the sports hall of Carnegie Leisure Centre.

Late ti the party wi the thread.   But them German investors are only here for the Kevin Nisbet sell on coin.  Dunno if that’s been already said. They will fly away soon. 
Thought they were after the ground as well tbh, happy days.