Raith Rovers vs Dunfermline Athletic

We both have League Cup defeats to come before the Fife Derby~! but hopefully this thread can be used for any ticket information that comes out.

A defeat in this one would leave the loser sitting on 1 point from 3 games. Grim.

Edited by Cardle is Magic

Quick check of Twitter and it would seem that Aberdeen, Celtic, Rangers, Ross Co & St.Johnstone have all been given the green light to have full capacity. Fingers crossed Fife Council let the relevant clubs know so that we can get some away fans at Starks a week on Friday.

13 minutes ago, JFPar said:

Quick check of Twitter and it would seem that Aberdeen, Celtic, Rangers, Ross Co & St.Johnstone have all been given the green light to have full capacity. Fingers crossed Fife Council let the relevant clubs know so that we can get some away fans at Starks a week on Friday.

I don't think we'll need to bother some pencil pusher in Fife Council to approve more than 5000 for this game in all honesty. 

9 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

Can't see this being a fiery derby, I reckon both teams will be really nervous.  If anyone losers here, its a horrible start to the season.

Yeah it'll be tense. Probably both coming off a defeat in the LC and a poor league start.

4 minutes ago, Raithie said:

I don't think we'll need to bother some pencil pusher in Fife Council to approve more than 5000 for this game in all honesty. 

You're probably right. I'm not aware of the usual Rovers home crowds pre covid but I know we would normally bring 2000-3000 so could be around the 5000 mark if so. Suppose the game is on BBC so that could have an impact. 

I really hope it’s all systems go for crowds. If the big guns in the Premiership can,  so can we. If it is then anyone Raith and Pars minded will attend. It’s the hope anyway. And obviously Vice Versa. The Fife Derbies should be celebrated. I’ll go for a hard fought draw. 

I'm not so bothered about how we do against Aberdeen, I'd expect a two goal defeat but I dont want another injury to a key player before the derby, which is a much more important game. I'm still perturbed by Spencer's absence, it was a major factor in the stodgy way we played the Inverness game. We need to be able to play our fluid game as much as possible against Dunfermline , that's what scares the shite out of them.

2 hours ago, Cardle is Magic said:

We both have League Cup defeats to come before the Fife Derby~! but hopefully this thread can be used for any ticket information that comes out.

A defeat in this one would leave the loser sitting on 1 point from 3 games. Grim.

This last point is giving me the fear. 

Without Hendry, Spencer is vital to how we like to play through midfield. With him out, I am quite pessimistic. To have any real chance of a win we really need Vaughan back, he always seems to turn it on at San Starko against these c***s.  

Hope I am wrong but I fear an away win and a buoyant North Stand...

Edited by HIT THE CHANNEL

6 minutes ago, Raith_Raver said:

I'm not so bothered about how we do against Aberdeen, I'd expect a two goal defeat but I dont want another injury to a key player before the derby, which is a much more important game. I'm still perturbed by Spencer's absence, it was a major factor in the stodgy way we played the Inverness game. We need to be able to play our fluid game as much as possible against Dunfermline , that's what scares the shite out of them.

There is absolutely nothing about Raith Rovers that scares me.

Peter Grant’s tactics? Now they frighten the shit out of me.

Just now, HIT THE CHANNEL said:

This last point is giving me the fear. 

Without Hendry, Spencer is vital to how we like to play through midfield. With him out, I am quite pessimistic. To have any real chance of a win we really need Vaughan back, he always seems to turn it on at San Starko against these c***s.  

Hope I am wrong but I fear an away win and a buoyant North Stand...

3-0 either way wouldn’t shock me tbh.

There is no chance we will keep a clean sheet. Both teams have top 4 aspirations, and both have had rather poor starts, but Raith should be confident as they absolutely had us sussed out last season and usually get the better of us at Starks Park. I know the squads of both teams have changed quite considerably since last season, but just don't see us being able to get up for the game whatsoever. Partick absolutely bossed that game on Saturday and, as long as McGlynn gets his tactics right, I'd be confident of getting a result if I were a Raith fan. Conversely, for us the hope is Grant ditches the nonsense tactics we have witnessed, get back to basics, start playing players in their proper positions and drop players that are clearly not good enough. 

2 minutes ago, Raith_Raver said:

It's  just simple crosses into the box  that is required, no fancy football. 

7 minutes ago, Have some faith in Magic said:

It's  just simple crosses into the box  that is required, no fancy football. 

I didn't think you're capable of fancy football anyway. Our defending at crosses looked to have improved greatly since last season until that Hamilton debacle.  We seem to have sorted that out at Inverness, and we have a new defender in Lang who looks a class act.

PS - We could do with Musonda back tho.

Edited by Raith_Raver

28 minutes ago, Cardle is Magic said:

There is absolutely nothing about Raith Rovers that scares me.

Peter Grant’s tactics? Now they frighten the shit out of me.

3-0 either way wouldn’t shock me tbh.

*Lewis Vaughan hat-trick gif* ;) 

But aye, one of these games that could be any score. Both teams would probably take a draw just to stop the rot, but 2 points out of 9 is hardly a good start either...

Regardless, I'll be there, pished and desperate for another San Starko humiliation for the Pars!

24 minutes ago, Raith_Raver said:

I didn't think you're capable of fancy football anyway. Our defending at crosses looked to have improved greatly since last season until that Hamilton debacle.  We seem to have sorted that out at Inverness, and we have a new defender in Lang who looks a class act.

PS - We could do with Musonda back tho.

I was talking about what Raith Rovers need to do. 

13 minutes ago, Have some faith in Magic said:

I was talking about what Raith Rovers need to do. 

Ah, I needed to re read it. But nah, we're honestly really shite at crossing. I thought that with Armstrong away things would improve but against ICT there was no improvement whatsoever. Fancy football it has to be, if we have the players available to do it.

5 minutes ago, Raith_Raver said:

Ah, I needed to re read it. But nah, we're honestly really shite at crossing. I thought that with Armstrong away things would improve but against ICT there was no improvement whatsoever. Fancy football it has to be, if we have the players available to do it.

If graham plays just kick it In his general direction, he’ll do the rest for you.