Raith Rovers vs Dunfermline Athletic

Still can't believe Dunfermline fans think these Germans are their saviours! [emoji38]

2 weeks in to their tenure and we still haven’t won the Champions League yet. They should be sacked IMHO.

I don't hate Raith at all, just a good local rivalry, but at the same time I don't want to see RR win every week. I really missed the games when we were in different leagues, can't believe the derby was gone for nearly a decade between 2000 and 2009. It's the game I look for first when the fixtures are released as it tends to be a good day out regardless of the 90 minutes in between. Short train journey, busy boozers and normally a good crowd/atmosphere created by both teams. Don't get me wrong, the 90mins and hours before after the games there's definitely a little heat but after that I'm over it.
The Dunfermline & Falkirk rivalry has more hatred for me. Two sets of fans who just really dislike each other although no one is really sure why. Heard many a reason, even one going back to Ice Hockey in the 60s.

I thought it was to do with the mining strikes

6 hours ago, foreverarover said:
18 hours ago, JFPar said:
I don't hate Raith at all, just a good local rivalry, but at the same time I don't want to see RR win every week. I really missed the games when we were in different leagues, can't believe the derby was gone for nearly a decade between 2000 and 2009. It's the game I look for first when the fixtures are released as it tends to be a good day out regardless of the 90 minutes in between. Short train journey, busy boozers and normally a good crowd/atmosphere created by both teams. Don't get me wrong, the 90mins and hours before after the games there's definitely a little heat but after that I'm over it.
The Dunfermline & Falkirk rivalry has more hatred for me. Two sets of fans who just really dislike each other although no one is really sure why. Heard many a reason, even one going back to Ice Hockey in the 60s.

I thought it was to do with the mining strikes

I've heard loads of different apparent reasons. 

19 hours ago, JFPar said:

Stil regard the Rovers as a main rival. But for me the Falkirk games are the most intense. I started watching the Pars at a few matches in the 1978/79 season and the climax was the last game of the season vs Falkirk at EEP. Berwick Rangers had already claimed the top spot to guarantee promotion. The Pars needed at least a draw to secure second place and go up. Falkirk took the lead but the Pars were awarded a penalty late on in the game. Andy Rolland stepped up. I read an interview years later where he said he was certainly feeling the pressure, so much so that he felt if he missed he might as well walk off the pitch, leave the ground and never return! He lashed it home, Pars held on and at the final whistle there was bedlam. The crown that night was about 6000/6500 and many of them, including me, were straight on to the pitch. I have a memory of Pars player Paul Donelly running towards the terrace to celebrate, seeing the masses running towards him then turning and legging it back to the stairs to the dressing room - which were then under the main stand. What a night! And after that season Pars and Falkirk seemed to follow each other up and down the divisions quite a bit. The atmosphere was always poisonous  . . .

3 hours ago, SpamValleySam said:

Stil regard the Rovers as a main rival. But for me the Falkirk games are the most intense. I started watching the Pars at a few matches in the 1978/79 season and the climax was the last game of the season vs Falkirk at EEP. Berwick Rangers had already claimed the top spot to guarantee promotion. The Pars needed at least a draw to secure second place and go up. Falkirk took the lead but the Pars were awarded a penalty late on in the game. Andy Rolland stepped up. I read an interview years later where he said he was certainly feeling the pressure, so much so that he felt if he missed he might as well walk off the pitch, leave the ground and never return! He lashed it home, Pars held on and at the final whistle there was bedlam. The crown that night was about 6000/6500 and many of them, including me, were straight on to the pitch. I have a memory of Pars player Paul Donelly running towards the terrace to celebrate, seeing the masses running towards him then turning and legging it back to the stairs to the dressing room - which were then under the main stand. What a night! And after that season Pars and Falkirk seemed to follow each other up and down the divisions quite a bit. The atmosphere was always poisonous  . . .

There's actual hatred involved with Falkirk fans after singing about what happened to Norrie McCathy. It's also a Falkirk/Fife thing - there's also rivalry between Rovers and Falkirk, and I've even seen it between the 'Shire and Cowdenbeath.

If we persist with the back 3 I foresee nothing other than a home win. Back 4 with Watson and Vytas/Breen with Comrie at right back and Dow/Thomas on either wing and we might have a chance*

*this will not happen since Grant is to naive to change it 

On 12/08/2021 at 16:00, JFPar said:

Vaughan out for 6 weeks is a big blow for you guys but if we stick to the same back 5 then that lion you have could get on the scoresheet.

Vaughan is out for 6 weeks? That’s a disaster for us. Now we’re crossing our fingers and hoping the likes of Keatings can step up. 

Our performance tomorrow will go a long way towards determining this, but if we struggle to mitigate for our injuries against a second string Aberdeen side then this game will have real movable object v stoppable force vibes. 

Any optimism I have comes from the thought that there are more ways to work around even the worst injury crisis than relying on an epiphany from a fundamentally bad manager. 

2 hours ago, VinnyPar said:

If we persist with the back 3 I foresee nothing other than a home win. Back 4 with Watson and Vytas/Breen with Comrie at right back and Dow/Thomas on either wing and we might have a chance*

*this will not happen since Grant is to naive to change it 

Do you think his plan is to stick with the same formation and team until it clicks even if that takes 10 seasons? 

Seems mental to have the same tactics and formation for Partick and home as he did Rangers away. At least Crawford could set a team up it was the rest of it that he struggled with.

I love how the euphoria at the illusion of a promotion winning team after beating the likes of Dumbarton reserves and Stenhousemuir has quickly subsided when more serious games finds them out.  As predicted the exciting new manager has suddenly become worse than Crawford.

46 minutes ago, Raith_Raver said:

I love how the euphoria at the illusion of a promotion winning team after beating the likes of Dumbarton reserves and Stenhousemuir has quickly subsided when more serious games finds them out.  As predicted the exciting new manager has suddenly become worse than Crawford.

I hope the voices in your head are polite.