Arbroath vs Thistle 21st August 2021

2 minutes ago, Big Jocks Chewin The Fat said:

Which is exactly why we were a joke, and a 80 year old pele would have ridden us raw today. That lad you have is lowland/junior league at best and we let him waltz through. Shows how rotten our defence is. McCall gives it the we will score more than you pish...well it didn't work today!

Lowland/junior....what a load of crap.

3 minutes ago, Big Jocks Chewin The Fat said:

Haud the bus, he is signed to a premiership team? hahaha no will be the answer to that, unless you play against our weak as shit defence every weekend.

f**k sake, fickle or what - you were winning the league this time last week.

Just now, Big Jocks Chewin The Fat said:

Aye we were winning the league, anyone that thought that is as mad as McCall

After your result at Dunfermline (favourites for the title for many, including me), I don't think anyone would have begrudged a bit of optimism in the Thistle support. Can't you just admit that you were well beaten today and that it had more to do with how well Arbroath played as opposed to Thistle being terrible. As I've said before, I love how we're written off by other team's fans, particularly ones that are new to the division.

22 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Beat better teams than yous 

part time part time part time zzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Your team, managed by an ex-Jags manager. who failed miserably at Firhill, did very well.. With our budget and squad, we should have been much better.

McCall has been quick to punt players out on loan but couldn't fill the. bench today. He and his management team were very lucky last season. Our promotion was due to Falkirk's implosion. The jury is still out.

Edited by Bishop Briggs

2 minutes ago, Tattie36 said:

After your result at Dunfermline (favourites for the title for many, including me), I don't think anyone would have begrudged a bit of optimism in the Thistle support. Can't you just admit that you were well beaten today and that it had more to do with how well Arbroath played as opposed to Thistle being terrible. As I've said before, I love how we're written off by other team's fans, particularly ones that are new to the division.

Well i could admit it had it not been for our keeper selling 2 goals. Like i said before the game i would have taken a draw as it is a hard place to go for anyone. Dunfermline are dross as you will soon find out.

1 minute ago, Big Jocks Chewin The Fat said:

Well i could admit it had it not been for our keeper selling 2 goals. Like i said before the game i would have taken a draw as it is a hard place to go for anyone. Dunfermline are dross as you will soon find out.

Aside from the two (I would say one) goals your keeper sold, we had by far the lions share of good chances and on another day we could have scored 6. Also, what about your freak goal? (perhaps you couldn't see it from the other end but it was reminiscent of Tommy Boyd v Brazil) Aside from that Gaston barely had anything to do.

3 minutes ago, Tattie36 said:

Aside from the two (I would say one) goals your keeper sold, we had by far the lions share of good chances and on another day we could have scored 6. Also, what about your freak goal? (perhaps you couldn't see it from the other end but it was reminiscent of Tommy Boyd v Brazil) Aside from that Gaston barely had anything to do.

You think the free kick was an acceptable goal for the keeper to lose? My dead granny could have come out her grave and saved that! Thistle had better of first half, Arbroath better of second half and a draw would have been a fair reflection but our keeper was bribed by some smokies to throw the match. Stats show it as an even game also.

Edited by Big Jocks Chewin The Fat

You think the free kick was an acceptable goal for the keeper to lose? My dead granny could have come out her grave and saved that! Thistle had better of first half, Arbroath better of second half and a draw would have been a fair reflection but our keeper was bribed by some smokies to throw the match. Stats show it as an even game also.

Arbroath absolutely battered partick 2nd half lucky it was only 3 and not 6 

Just now, SmokeyJoe said:

Arbroath absolutely battered partick 2nd half lucky it was only 3 and not 6 

Stats say otherwise, i can understand it may be hard to fathom through smokie filled specs and a scalp taken but in the cold light of day if it was not for our keeper throwing 2 goals in the net and a goal being chopped off for sod all it would have been a draw. Despite our freak first goal.

Na, you must have been one of the Thistle fans chucked oot if you think that was an even game. Stats can mean nothing (even though they are in Arbroath's favour) as our chances were proper goalscoring efforts whereas Thistle's were half chances or speculative, long range hit and hopes.

Just now, Tattie36 said:

Na, you must have been one of the Thistle fans chucked oot if you think that was an even game. Stats can mean nothing (even though they are in Arbroath's favour) as our chances were proper goalscoring efforts whereas Thistle's were half chances or speculative, long range hit and hopes.

I can only assume you are drunk based on the above,

33 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

Is Nouble going to come back in January to save our season? Not for me to say. ;) 

Sorry we're keeping him, he's only lowland/junior standard anyway so no use to you guys.😀

Stats say otherwise, i can understand it may be hard to fathom through smokie filled specs and a scalp taken but in the cold light of day if it was not for our keeper throwing 2 goals in the net and a goal being chopped off for sod all it would have been a draw. Despite our freak first goal.

BBC stats had Arbroath 16 shots, 8 on target. Thistle 10 shots, 2 on target.
3 goals to one.
We even had to score for you.
A comprehensive drubbing by any standard.