Arbroath vs Thistle 21st August 2021

Terrific performance from everyone again yesterday. Need to keep the momentum going at East End Park next week and I’m confident we will get something out that game. If Livingston want Nouble back then they should give us back Jack Hamilton, it’s only fair 

1 minute ago, Jimi Shandrix said:

Arbroath are a lot better than Falkirk m8. C'mon tae f**k.

Different divisions, sure. But so is the competition. My comment wasn’t specifically about Arbroath - just that it is far too early to make predictions for any team yet.

2 minutes ago, jagsfan57 said:

Different divisions, sure. But so is the competition. My comment wasn’t specifically about Arbroath - just that it is far too early to make predictions for any team yet.

You are right but I enjoy making predictions and will continue to do so.  Good day sir.

1 hour ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Our stewards are shite and way OTT they very nearly chucked out my mate at the Inverness game over nothing, but the racism card...... come on now, f**k sake 

It was the steward that accused Manpreet of using racist language that resulted in him getting taken away in a police van.

That was a lively and enjoyable afternoon, my second game back and fairly refreshing, including from the weather standpoint.  Half decent crowd too and sizeable Thistle contingent.   First half, we maybe gave them too much respect and they looked slightly sharper though created surprisingly little at the sharp end (and the goal itself an unluck rebound OG).  Delighted to score 3 goals over about 12 minutes, given we struggle in this area - and McKenna’s neat free kick on the stroke of half-time was critical.   We were well on top most of the 2nd half and frankly disappointed not to score more (especially two excellent chances for Dowds and Linn with only the keeper to beat).  

This will be a challenging campaign but encouraging that we can compete.  The aim is still to make 3rd bottom place.

46 minutes ago, Hayshead2 said:

Go have a word with the Partick No4. Think he may have a slightly different opinion. He was destroyed yesterday.

No 4 was Lewis Mayo, on loan from Sevco. We are missing Brownlie's solid presence in central defence. 

Docherty was missed in midfield yesterday too. The lack of depth in our squad is obvious. 

McCall needs to sign an experienced centre-back and a defensive midfielder. 

Strange highlights, look like they were cobbled together in a hurry.

Would have liked to have seen TOBs chance from 6 yards out again where he seemed to hesitate and take an extra touch when all he had to do was put his laces through it. Dowds really should have done better with his chance.

Edited by Tattie36