Guidi’s Airdrie

Really sorry to awake this morning and read about the big fire overnight at Guidi’s Italian Restaurant in Airdrie. A place I have frequented many, many times… because it was bloody good, the place was big, buzzing, good service, great food. Just one of those places where you wouldn’t hesitate to say in conversation to someone ‘you ever been to that Guidi’s in Airdrie? You should go’.

Hope the folk who own it get through this and can come out the other side and re-build their long-standing business.

Edited by pozbaird

1 hour ago, pozbaird said:

Really sorry to awake this morning and read about the big fire overnight at Guidi’s Italian Restaurant in Airdrie. A place I have frequented many, many times… because it was bloody good, the place was big, buzzing, good service, great food. Just one of those places where you wouldn’t hesitate to say in conversation to someone ‘you ever been to that Guidi’s in Airdrie? You should go’.

Hope the folk who own it get through this and can come out the other side and re-build their long-standing business.

Although not known at this time  and this fire could be a complete accident /electrical fault etc ,but there has been some amount of fires of property and cars in the Glasgow and surrounding areas in the last year .

25 minutes ago, Arthur daley said:

Although not known at this time  and this fire could be a complete accident /electrical fault etc ,but there has been some amount of fires of property and cars in the Glasgow and surrounding areas in the last year .

I did wonder if this could be moved to the Scottish Gang war thread.....

We took the kids a few times when they were wee. It's a cliché but they were great with families etc so good memories of the place. 

1 minute ago, KnightswoodBear said:

Is there not a new Italian opening up nearby fairly soon?

👀

Guidi’s is in Airdrie, so maybe you’re right. Opening next week in town there ‘Steedman’s New Clydebank Bistro & Pizza Parlour’.

Edited by pozbaird

47 minutes ago, PWL said:

I did wonder if this could be moved to the Scottish Gang war thread.....

We took the kids a few times when they were wee. It's a cliché but they were great with families etc so good memories of the place. 

Might have been you that posted the tweet about Glasgow's annual set building on fire day comes round more quickly every year.

I said they would rue the day the closed The Kilmartin Arms to open up a trendy bar/bistro and within 40 years I have been proven right!

It's been shite for years anyway. The last I heard Guidis was just a trading name and the family were all our of the picture.

Still a bit of a loss for the greater Coatdyke conurbation.

Edited by Sergeant Wilson