Guidi’s Airdrie

The general going-on-fire thing... obviously a lot of that is dodgy, but also, someone who's done a lot of work with the Fire Brigade Union told me that another factor is cuts to fire services. Some fires that they would have reached and put out before they became serious are now doing much more damage. Instead of part of a kitchen being destroyed it's the whole place.

Check those smoke alarms, kids.

I haven't been to Guidi's in years but it was the automatic choice in the area and always great. Sad to see it go.

17 minutes ago, GordonS said:

The general going-on-fire thing... obviously a lot of that is dodgy, but also, someone who's done a lot of work with the Fire Brigade Union told me that another factor is cuts to fire services. Some fires that they would have reached and put out before they became serious are now doing much more damage. Instead of part of a kitchen being destroyed it's the whole place.

I haven't been to Guidi's in years but it was the automatic choice in the area and always great. Sad to see it go.

Lately it’s been instead of just the car it’s spread to the house . 

5 hours ago, GordonS said:

They could've walked from the fire station to Guidis.

Is Monterrey Jack's anygood? 
I was at the one in Falkirk and the food was good. I had the Hullabaloo fries as a side dish. Basically it's chips in a tandoori coating with caramelised fried red onions which are covered with an Indian style curry sauce and some Monterey Jack cheese and grilled. Would highly recommend these.

I was at the one in Falkirk and the food was good. I had the Hullabaloo fries as a side dish. Basically it's chips in a tandoori coating with caramelised fried red onions which are covered with an Indian style curry sauce and some Monterey Jack cheese and grilled. Would highly recommend these.

My local takeaway does that although they prefer the old Scottish vernacular of chips, cheese and curry sauce.

29 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:
52 minutes ago, Deanburn Dave said:

My local takeaway does that although they prefer the old Scottish vernacular of chips, cheese and curry sauce.

Had that ‘poutine’ in Canada a few times. Fantastic. The most Scottish-like thing that isnae’ actually Scottish I’ve ever eaten. It must have been invented by a Scot. Has to be.

16 hours ago, Deanburn Dave said:

Went there last September with the wife. Food was good indeed, if you're a fan of burgers and hot dogs.