Motherwell FC vs Dundee FC - 28/8/21

12 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Big game for both sides to try and build some momentum. Motherwell can't be anywhere near as bad as last week. Looking forward to it.

We can, however we have scored 2 in every game at Fir Park this season.

Random one this, but do any Dees (or indeed 'Well fans who happen to live in Dundee) want a free train ticket for the 21.41 from Glasgow Queen Street back to Dundee next Saturday? I've got a spare due to an admin error and I can't be arsed spending an hour on hold trying to get a refund, or hawking it around. 

As for the game itself, I'm fucking excited. My last away game was February 2020, when I flew from Scotland to Bristol to see Shrewsbury play at the Memorial, and ended up leaving the game at half-time to go to the pub, so strong were the bored and hungover vibes from the away support, due to the aggressively beige management at the time. Little did I know how long it would be till my next away game. 

I think this fixture will be a decent barometer for both teams as to whether we're any good or not. 

Anyway, PM me if you want a ticket. 

Edited by Meadow_Jock

I watched the Dundee v Hibs and was impressed with Dundee. Adam has clearly still got it, provided he's given time and space, and Cummings always knows where the goal is, so I expect this to be quite an open game with a few goals. 

Hopefully KVV is back for this and I'd get him in for Woolery. It'll be interesting to see if Alexander will now stick with Grimshaw in midfield, which could potentially open the door for Max Johnston at RB if SOD is still out with the Covid. I don't wish to see Mugabi at right-back ever again. 

Motherwell 3-2 Dundee 

5 hours ago, Dundee-FC92 said:

First Post Covid away match.

Wouldn't be surprised if we outnumber these diddies.

Cup game at Dens last year…….cough cough….

Season 20 Reaction GIF by E4

Looking forward to this game. We were guff in League cup but that was to fool Dundee. 

Arguably our easiest fixture so far. I think Dundee will be fine this year and it will be close. But I am going to go for a narrow home win 4-3 like the Davie Turnbull masterclass game. 

6 hours ago, Dundee-FC92 said:

First Post Covid away match.

Wouldn't be surprised if we outnumber these diddies.

Big tackles needed against these cloggers and let our football come out on top.

Thank you.

You can outnumber our diddies if you bring about 4 diddies.

Who do you think you are, St Mirren?

12 hours ago, Desp said:

I watched the Dundee v Hibs and was impressed with Dundee. Adam has clearly still got it, provided he's given time and space, and Cummings always knows where the goal is, so I expect this to be quite an open game with a few goals. 

Hopefully KVV is back for this and I'd get him in for Woolery. It'll be interesting to see if Alexander will now stick with Grimshaw in midfield, which could potentially open the door for Max Johnston at RB if SOD is still out with the Covid. I don't wish to see Mugabi at right-back ever again. 

Motherwell 3-2 Dundee 

Grimshaw a must in midfield tbh, there's no-one else in our midfield who'll give Adam the hassle required, so I'm looking forward to a Robbie Crawford masterclass.

19 minutes ago, thisGRAEME said:

Grimshaw a must in midfield tbh, there's no-one else in our midfield who'll give Adam the hassle required, so I'm looking forward to a Robbie Crawford masterclass.

Looking forward to the Alexander 4d chess move where he plays Donnelly, Maguire & O'Hara all as holding midfielders so there's nobody within 50 yards of Adam. 

GA clearly didn’t care very much about the LC and only wanted to use it to experiment so I think last weeks result is meaningless.

Our cup performances have us rightly out the competition, however we’ve clearly had a different approach to the league.

4 points from 9 is not a bad return considering we’ve had to deal with some tough fixtures. I didn’t see our game vs Livingston so I can’t comment on the performance but I did think we looked very good at times against Hibs and although I wasn’t particularly impressed with how we played against St Johnstone, I do think we created the better of the chances and were unlucky not to win.

Motherwell 3-1 Dundee

21 minutes ago, ZX1886 said:

GA clearly didn’t care very much about the LC and only wanted to use it to experiment so I think last weeks result is meaningless.

Our cup performances have us rightly out the competition, however we’ve clearly had a different approach to the league.

4 points from 9 is not a bad return considering we’ve had to deal with some tough fixtures. I didn’t see our game vs Livingston so I can’t comment on the performance but I did think we looked very good at times against Hibs and although I wasn’t particularly impressed with how we played against St Johnstone, I do think we created the better of the chances and were unlucky not to win.

Motherwell 3-1 Dundee

So you can't comment on the Livi game as you never seen it, weren't impressed with how you played against St Johnstone and looked good at times against Hibs and this has led to an opinion of an alternative approach for the league campaign?

Michael Owen in disguise?

Thank you.