Aberdeen v Ach, who the f**k are we playing again ? Looks at Google. Oh, aye..Ross County.

Guest Bob Mahelp

7 minutes ago, paranoid android said:

no' bad point for Ach, who the f**k are we playing again ? Looks at Google. Oh, aye..Ross County.

Consider yourself lucky it wasn't Hearts to whom he was referring, young man.

Completely wasted the stoppage-time, unfortunately. Ojo, who had a poor game generally, especially culpable. 

Certainly could and should have scored more than once, although County defended their penalty box well and had a great chance themselves at 1-0 to finish the game. 

Still several question marks over the defence, although a trade-off of the system Glass is trying to implement is that it does leave them more exposed. Hoping Bates will be the answer, but little I've seen from him previously gives me much cause for optimism there. 

Not massively disheartened by the overall performance, although two points dropped in a game that you would expect us to be winning.

9 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Not feeling good about us lads, not at all. 

We'll be fine. Samuels and Watkins were causing issues with their pace. Unfortunately they were taking up the wrong spaces. International break has come at a good time in that regard.

Gallagher will be a squad player by Christmas.

1 minute ago, Merkland Red said:

We'll be fine. Samuels and Watkins were causing issues with their pace. Unfortunately they were taking up the wrong spaces. International break has come at a good time in that regard.

Gallagher casually jogging back to the middle after getting caught out of position for their goal really irritated me. 

Gallagher looks really poor and mcrorie is a centre mid filling in at centre back. Didn't see the point in jet almost hugging the touchline when he came on. 

Ramsay was excellent again, and there was some positives to take but definitely need to be more clinical in front of goal. 

We've 8 points from our opening 4 fixtures, which is more than I anticipated, so happy enough with that. (Although having 7 from 3 I was hoping by tonight we'd have 10.)

It's just we haven't got them where I thought we would.

5 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

Agreed, not at all impressed. McCrorie has been far better so far. Interested to see how Bates looks. Hopefully he's learned a lot from his time in Germany.

Again, I'm maybe being a bit generous, but I think Gallagher will need more time than most to adjust to what Glass expects from a centre-back in this system. Motherwell fans might correct me, but it has always looked to me when I watched him before he signed for us that he did his best work as a penalty box defender, much like many of our centre-backs under McInnes. 

I'm happy to give him at least a few months before writing him off. 

8 minutes ago, DrewDon said:

Again, I'm maybe being a bit generous, but I think Gallagher will need more time than most to adjust to what Glass expects from a centre-back in this system. Motherwell fans might correct me, but it has always looked to me when I watched him before he signed for us that he did his best work as a penalty box defender, much like many of our centre-backs under McInnes. 

I'm happy to give him at least a few months before writing him off. 

It's his defending I'm worried about. He struggled against Oli Shaw in the air. Yes he's tall but Gallagher should be bullying him there. I can forgive him being ponderous in his decision making at the moment but McCrorie looks streets ahead of him.