Scotland v Israel

Frank Grimes

19 minutes ago, 2426255 said:

This group is not over, far from it. Austria, Israel and Scotland are all in positions where they can achieve the playoff spot. If we lose to Israel and Austria beat the Faroe Islands the table will look like this:

• Israel - 13
  • Scotland - 11
  • Austria - 10

So don't count your chickens just yet.

If we lose at home to Israel or drop points against Faroes/Moldova then quite frankly we have no business playing at a World Cup Finals anyway.

15 minutes ago, Cardle is Magic said:

If we lose at home to Israel or drop points against Faroes/Moldova then quite frankly we have no business playing at a World Cup Finals anyway.

Why is that? Any one off game has the potential to go badly. Shocks happen every round of games.

It's mindless crap being spouted. If we go on to lose to Israel or draw away to Moldova you lot all think we've already got it sown up and so to have it taken away from you will frustrate, anger and disappoint you, you'll get emotional and start crying.  Finally, you'll throw your toys out the pram and call for Steve Clarke to be strung up in George Square. 

Edited by 2426255

13 minutes ago, 2426255 said:

Why is that? Any one off game has the potential to go badly. Shocks happen every round of games.

How many “shocks” have there been in our group so far? Or in any other European qualifier group?

I can think of North Macedonia beating Germany and that’s about it.

This group is not over, far from it. Austria, Israel and Scotland are all in positions where they can achieve the playoff spot. If we lose to Israel and Austria beat the Faroe Islands the table will look like this:
  • Israel - 13
  • Scotland - 11
  • Austria - 10
No one is saying the group is over. Obviously things get trickier if we lose to Israel.

• Ukraine 1 - 1 Khazakstan
  • Italy 1 - 1 Bulgaria
  • Spain 1 - 1 Greece
  • Khazakstan 2 - 2 Ukraine
  • Turkey 3 - 3 Latvia
  • Cyprus 0 - 0 Slovakia
  • Slovenia 1 - 0 Croatia
  • Slovakia 2 - 2 Malta
  • Albania 1 - 0 Hungary
  • Armenia 2 - 0 Iceland
  • Armenia 3 - 2 Romania
  • Germany 1 - 2 North Macedonia

Just now, Pie Of The Month said:

I'm glad 2426255 is here to be able to tell us all how the group will look if a certain team wins or loses as if the rest of the forum isn't capable of adding 3 onto a points total.

I'm putting it front and centre for the people who are getting a little ahead of themselves. 😉

13 minutes ago, Cardle is Magic said:

How many “shocks” have there been in our group so far? Or in any other European qualifier group?

I can think of North Macedonia beating Germany and that’s about it.

To be fair, Spain drew with Greece at home, France have dropped points against Ukraine twice and Bosnia, and Italy drew with Bulgaria.

that said, none of those sides are nearly as bad as Moldova or the Faroes are. And I’m not bothering with results between two shite sides that had no fucking chance of qualifying anyway. 

11 minutes ago, accies1874 said:
55 minutes ago, 2426255 said:
  • Israel - 13
  • Scotland - 11
  • Austria - 10

No one is saying the group is over. Obviously things get trickier if we lose to Israel.

Sadly people on here do think it's done now and we can only throw it away. 'It's ours to lose' 👀

31 minutes ago, 2426255 said:

It's mindless crap being spouted. If we go on to lose to Israel or draw away to Moldova you lot all think we've already got it sown up and so to have it taken away from you will frustrate, anger and disappoint you, you'll get emotional and start crying.  Finally, you'll throw your toys out the pram and call for Steve Clarke to be strung up

Not a single soul has said anything even approaching the above fantasy

9 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

It's entirely in our hands, of course it's ours to lose. 

It's also Israel's to lose? Why when I present a logical argument it's met with such distaste. 😄 

• Point #1: Shocks happen regularly.
  • Point #2: Israel are a good team, on a similar level to us proven by recent results. 
  • Point #3: Scotland aren't relying on other results, Israel aren't relying on other results. Both teams have their destiny in their own hands.

Either I'm mad, or the it's the rest of you. Either is fine. 😋

Edited by 2426255

3 minutes ago, Ken Deans said:

Not a single soul has said anything even approaching the above fantasy

11 hours ago, Cardle is Magic said:

Unless we’ve fucked it, that one should be a dead rubber.

As for the game itself, we really should be looking for another three points. We have a better team than Israel and victory *should* all but guarantee 2nd, barring any hiccups against the uber diddies.

Have you even read the thread?

2 minutes ago, Ken Deans said:

For the last time. Your pish makes my eyes bleed

You said it would be the last time, last time. You just can't form a cogent argument to disagree with me. We are in the expectations setting point and clearly the majority on here are setting themselves up again. 

Edited by 2426255

11 hours ago, Lyle Lanley said:

Expecting the Denmark game will be sold out soon too. 

It’s definitely heading that way. Only the shitty restricted areas left.

I bought some of those for section P5. I love a dead rubber. My last game was the 4-0 paddling from Belgium in 2019. 

Will Scotland manage to scud Israel, Moldova and The Faroes?

Edited by Scary Bear

10 minutes ago, 2426255 said:

You said it would be the last time, last time. You just can't form a cogent argument to disagree with me. We are in the expectations setting point and clearly the majority on here are setting themselves up again. 

We might not finish 2nd but if we don’t then it would be a bad failure on our part and hugely disappointing.

I’m sure you’re not thick and fully understand this point so I really can’t see why you’re acting as if it’s an alien concept.

Edited by Cardle is Magic